xisto Community
4dsystems

My Rant About Having Nothing To Write At The Forums.

I really like thios forum and I am trying my level best to participate but the problem is that if I say just a Yes or a No or Hmmm.. , I'm scared it might be considered spamming. I try to write something to a topic, and i end up with just a two or three liner.Pray guys that my writing skill increases ...coz I really can't do without hosting.. and I really can't pay for hosting :lol:Ciao! Guys!

Well if you can't find anything that you can really make a lengthy reply, try to find something that you can create a topic on. You can write a tutorial which is big credits if it's a long one. There is always news that you can find and summarize for people to read. There is really endless possibilities. Sometimes a post requires just a little bit of research. It is expected every once in a while to have a few short posts, but making lengthy ones will come easy in time. Just keep trying to expand on things, like why do you like something? Or if you have a disagreement with someone else said put what you think is right.

Well if you can't find anything that you can really make a lengthy reply, try to find something that you can create a topic on. You can write a tutorial which is big credits if it's a long one. There is always news that you can find and summarize for people to read. There is really endless possibilities. Sometimes a post requires just a little bit of research. It is expected every once in a while to have a few short posts, but making lengthy ones will come easy in time. Just keep trying to expand on things, like why do you like something? Or if you have a disagreement with someone else said put what you think is right.

Thanks Buddy! I'll really try to post quality posts.. just be on the lookout for! :lol:

P.S. Now that's another post ! hehe

What about God or abortion? What about drugs or the president? I'm sure you have strong opinions on something. Instead of saying, yes thats what i think also, say why you think the same and explain in depth why. Just as i am typing all this for a small topic. Find something that really makes you mad and then just let go... without breaking the rules though. I have written massive replies. These replies usually have to do with the fact i like to argue and even if you dont just state every single reason you do/don't like something. For example someone says i hate water. You could say:I also hate it because:1. It has no taste2. Doesnt quench my thirs3... blah blah.For each one of those numbers write at least a few sentences about the item.I hope this helps you or even helps someone else with the same problem.

well, choose a topic/thread that you feel like it's interesting enough for you to reply to. in this way, you'll be able to put longer posts. there are a lot of topics/threads to choose from, and i think you just have to search for the good ones out of the bunch (well not all aren't worth of a reply :P). don't just depend on the "latest replies" and "latest topics" and the bottom of the page. search a subforum, if needed be. search for terms that you might want to know of in the search bar, and hope they have a topic on it. the sky is the limit.of course i'd rather tell you to choose topics than start one, but if you have something you might want to know (not the trivial ones of course), something that makes you curious enough that it troubles you at night that you cannot sleep at all... lol... okay that was a bit over the top but i think you get my point. and of course, as the trap rule says, make the topic worth a reply.hope that helps.

Wow! This is the most retarded thread ever! ;) Just kidding! ;) What do you want to do, realistically, to earn a living when you grow up? Start a new thread and tell us. Maybe others will chime in and tell everyone what they do or want to do too. There. A free topic that should last quite a while. ;)

The best way to gain post credits is to find a topic you have loads of opinions or interest in. For example i tend to sway towards the religion topics, as well as venting, and gay rights. That is because those things at least peak my interest somewhat. However sometimes i cant think of anything to write about, or cant find something someone else hasn't already written, or that i haven't always written. Thats usually when my posting credits go down. Like recently i have no accessible internet until the weekend, and it just so happened i had nothing to write about so i was annoyed with losing my hosting credits, however when i was internetless and tvless for the past week lots of things happened, like my aunt getting her license and my uncle being a jerk. So now i have things to write about. You just have to observe your surroundings and figure out what are good things to type about, personally venting is where i get most my credits.

I really like thios forum and I am trying my level best to participate but the problem is that if I say just a Yes or a No or Hmmm.. , I'm scared it might be considered spamming.
I try to write something to a topic, and i end up with just a two or three liner.

Pray guys that my writing skill increases ...
coz I really can't do without hosting.. and I really can't pay for hosting :P

Ciao! Guys!

I know how you feel. On other forums, I really don't have much to say. On this forum, there are many people
with topics that I can write a lengthy reply to.

I think that in some cases, a two or three liner isn't really that bad. What is important is that the post
makes a point, tells a story, or is thought-provoking. Some people are good at condensing a post,
while others have to go on and on....

But I may not be the expert in whether a forum post is good or not. That is just what I think it should be like.

On the other hand though, it is easier to prove a point in a long post than a short one and short ones are
probably more likely to be useless. That doesn't mean that all of them are though, I think.

It is very simple to create a good worthy post. Have an idea, build on that idea and just elaborate with details without repeating any point. If you can do that, I am sure it can be considered a constructive post which the admins and moderators can't complain about. Keep on improving on that point, and I am sure soon enough, making quality posts are a simple thing for you to do. In the past when I just got hosted last year, it was very easy to create new posts. But now, I have to say a lot of things have changed, not many interesting topics to talk about, the support has just gone down the drain. I have asked 3 questions in the computer/programming forums and it just goes unreplied, those are basic questions which I believe anyone who has done ASP programming, Javascript programming could help. But sadly there isn't any help, I am starting to wonder where are all the posters in the forum? In the forum on the whole, a lot of categories have gone several weeks without any new posts. So in terms of activity, Xisto is definitely going down. I am sad to be saying this and I hope things will improve soon enough.

Yeah sometimes I find some trouble finding something to start a new thread on, or even reply to. There are a lot of threads out there too! You would think that I could find at least one :lol:. But I get by and usually find 1 or 2 threads that I can write a some-what lengthy response to. For example, this one! Haha. Even though it isn't very lengthy I still was able to write enough to rack up some points while still being interest in the topic :lol:. Hopfully I can start posting some new ideas on the forums that some people may not have thought up yet.

I'll be paying for hosting soon, [gonna switch to Xisto - Web Hosting], but I definitely know what you mean. Some days it's just impossible to think of something to post, and other days you just can't post more than a one or two-liner. It sucks, you just have to work with it I guess.Try to find something you're interested in, and either find or start topics about it [starting is better, you can talk about exactly what you want, and I think you get a bonus as far as credits go.]