xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Cpanel Useful Site Management Tools Part 2 of My 7 Part Tutorial

This Tutorial will be divided into 7 different parts, and this is the first part, when i get the other parts together, i will post the links under here :lol: Enjoy.
Part 1: E-mail Management
Part 3: Useful Site Management Tools2.1
Part 4: Analysis/Log Files
Part 5: Advanced Tools
Part 6: PreInstalled Scripts, Extras, and Cpanel Options
Part 7: Fantastico

Detailed Cpanel Tutorial Part 2: Useful Site Management Tools

Posted Image

In this tutorial I will, in detail explain all of the features of the current cpanel version of Xisto.com hosting going from the top of the screen to the bottom.. I have completely written this up myself.

Site Management Tools
Posted Image - Change Cpanel Password
With this feature, you are able to change the password to your cpanel. This password changing process is free compared to the 10 credit fee that they charge you for changing it in the https://support.xisto.com/ page.

Posted Image - FTP Manager
With this feature, you can manage the FTP accounts where you can add, edit, and delete FTP Accounts and the FTP Sessions for your site. The FTP Accounts would be the accounts that are allowed access to your site through an FTP Client. The FTP Session is what you can use to disconnect someone who you think might be connected through their FTP Manager too long.

Posted Image - Disk Usage Viewer
With this feature, you can view how much space your site's files have taken up. You are given 50mb with plan 1 and 150mb for plan 2, in this feature you can see how many MB of those that you have used up.

Posted Image - File manager
With this feature, you are able to manage all of the files in your website instead of using an FTP Manager. It is basically an area where you can delete, re-name, CHMMOD files if you need to.

Posted Image - Index Manager
With this feature, you are able to close folders to public views. So if you have a personal page you dont want anybody to see but yourself, you can use this feature to close that directory to people so they cant view anything in it.

Posted Image - Frontend Extentions
With this feature, you can install front page extensions on your website, so if you are to edit a file in frontpage, frontpage will automatically upload the updated file/new final to your server.

Posted Image - Web Protect
With this feature, you can make it to where people need a password to view a certian directory, for instance, you can protect your /image/ directory by putting one of these protections on it and everyone who wants to view that directory has to enter a password.

Posted Image - Custom Error Pages
With this feature, you are able to make custom error pages for your website. So if you don't like the custom, ugly 404 error pages that IE gives you when you reach a page that is no longer in existence, you can use this to write your own page and this will be displayed every time someone visits a page that has been deleted. Or you can edit the default error page for the other errors that are out there :(

Posted Image - HotLink Protection
With this feature you can protect your bandwidth, You can protect your bandwidth by enabling this feature and it will not allow anyone except the sites that you specifically list to post images from your site on theirs, or on their myspace, or anywhere else. It will basically force them to save the image and upload it to like photobucket.

Posted Image - SubDomains
With this feature, you can manage all of the sub-domains. You can create, edit, or delete sub domains for your site (ex: http://ww38.forums.yoursite.com/; the forums. is the subdomain)

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)