xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Firefox Extensions Dream Package #1: Web Design Extensions add-ons and plug ins

@AltNick yeah some people who have been using FF for years don't know most about them. Their so many of them it's just insane. :)@mbacarra no problem@the_aggie10 the ie view and opera view are use to show what the websites will look like in those browsers without hte need to have then running and then going back and forth between all hte edits and what not.Update-Just a small bump, to let you all know by now most of the plug-in's should have been updated.Update-just a small bump all tools are now updated as most of you who have downloading the maybe have realize through updates when you started ff. Also I will be pinning this topic as well.

Awesome, I had a couple of them already but there were new ones I had not heard about. Such as measure it, xray and colorzilla. I bet they will be really useful and aiding in the development and design of web pages. I am downloading them already. Thanks.

Ok firts of all, Firefow is great!but, if you have to much add-ons, it craches (like on my mac)I think that the mozilla team must concider a rebuild of firefox couse his stabillity is goiing down.Right now I'm using Camino, based on Firefox, simplyfied without the add-on abillity.Works great for me, but for debugging i'm useing safari. It has more debugging featchers than camino.I'm wondering if someone else has a good browser for mac os x, let me knw :unsure:ps: sorry for my bad english, i'm dutch (belgium)

Yeah I came across that myself when I tried out some new add-on's delivi made a post about a few months agot and man that was insane, when I couldn't figure out what was making firefox crash so much. Currently I have 39 extentions installed on my firefox browser and I am running 22 of them. It takes firefox a bit longer to load but I can wait the extra couple of seconds. But with the tools I posted here shouldn't crash your browser unless you have other stuff installed, so if your a first time ff user and install these programs you shouldn't have a problem. I have a feeling that having anywhere between 25-30 extensions running at the same time will crash the browserand then you have to go to safe mode to figure out which ones you want to keep.But you do bring up a good point that since firefox is opensource it should be able to accomendate all these extensions at one time, mind you that your computer can handle all this too.

Great list! I use HTML Tidy, Web Developer, TwitBin, and sometimes StumbleUpon, and that's my minimalist list. I can't stand having too many extensions, so I regularly go throug hand clean out the ones that I don't ever use. Basically, I use my browser for browsing, and that gets me by :unsure:

Great package.You just earned me a few hours searching for plugins.I need some of those plugins you listed now I don?t need to search for them anymore.Thanks for sharing the info.

Wow! Wow! Wow!So I'm new to this whole Xisto thing, and honestly.. I kind of thought it may be some sort of a scam. I decided to check it out anyway, and it just so happens that this was one of the first posts I saw. I am a full-time graphic designer from Nashville, TN (originally from Pensacola, FL) and I can't even start to tell you how much i needed some of those addons! You totally sold me on the usefulness of this whole Xisto forum thing.I spend ridiculous amounts of time every single day doing dumb things like guessing the size of an image for a web site, or switching the screen resolution size, but I just downloaded about 6 of those add-ons and now I don't have to do any of that anymore! You have saved me so much of my precious life. Now I can sleep in even later!I have to say.... I may just enjoy this whole Xisto thing after-all.

Oh good god!!!! This a huge list!!!!My system can't bare the load if i run my firefox with all these add-ons installed. But, this is cool collection. People can pick from what they really need. Already suggested a add-on in this list to my friend. Much appreciated. Thanks.

Cool tools, dude. There is also a FF plug in that lets you see the JScript both in the page and the script on the server as well. Don't know how it does it, but it's an easy way to see how some interesting Javascript works (and 'borrow' it). :lol: Can't remember the name of the plug in, but it's on the FF plugins list.

Wow those look great, that colorzilla one would definitely be on my to get list.I do have the web developer one it's great, you can views pretty much everything that is on a site like CSS, HTML and more