xisto Community
shadowx

Ipod Nano Earphone Jack Size anybody know the size?

Hey allfirst off this is the most relevant forum i could find for this topic. hope its good enough here.Now i have an mp3 player which is about the same dimensions as the ipod nano, it would fit into a nano case etc except its just an mp3 player in the shape and design etc.. the earphones are plain dodgy and theyre starting to crackle and such and its really annoying, the only thing is being so small the earphones arent the standard size that would fit into a PC or cd player its abit smaller, both shorter and thinner. Im thinking they could be the same sieze jack as the opid nano earphones so if anyone has these earphones could you tell me how big the jack is in width and length so i know if i can get some replacements? Thanks my earphones are 2mm (millimeters) wide at the thickest and 12mm (1.2 centimeters) in length from the plastic to the end of the metal jack.

im not sure but i though all earphone jacks are the same size at least they look the same size to me. if i am wrong dont flame me. but im not sure if they are different sizes. cause i used some cd player headphones with my ipod nano. and i used my ipod nano headphones with my cdplayer?

Well, I dont have a nano, but most small things that have audio out (IE: headphone jacks), are usualy 1/8 inch. There is another conector that is slightly smaller, i think it's 1/10 inch, but I'm not sure, that is usualy used for audio in on computers, like for a microphone. I have noticed that on most newer computers, both the audio in and out have the same size, just mainly the older ones were different sizes. The head phones on the nano might be not the standard 1/8 inch, but be the smaller size. I highly doubt that it's not one of those two. There are only a few standards for different connectors, especially audio.

Edited by qwertyiscool (see edit history)

Sorry off topic but have you noticed on the Ipod Nano regular speakers will not fit in it? I mean do they want us to only buy theirs? That must be it. (Sneaky :lol: )

You might be referring to the cell phone sized connectors, which are generally smaller than headphone connectors (not counting the MOTO Razr, Slvr, and other models' USB connectors). I don't know the exact ize, but they are in fact smaller and skinnier.

Sorry off topic but have you noticed on the Ipod Nano regular speakers will not fit in it? I mean do they want us to only buy theirs? That must be it. (Sneaky huh.gif )

aha! actually its completely ON topic! as normal earphones wont fit in my mp3 player either. Are normal earphones just slightly too big to fit in?

I feel that ipod nano earphones will fit my mp3 player

Hey all. I was searching for the internet for that exact problem! I think i understand... My mp3 player looks like a ipod nano but it isn't. It's a not branded as well... The measurments on my mp3 player jack is the same as well. 2mm wide by 12mm long... Arg! Someone please please help! :PEdit: haha! search for 2.5mm earphones on a shopping website(eBays best)!

Edited by Snapp3r (see edit history)