xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AlternativeNick

My Brother...

so my brother isnt alllowed on the computer however he sneaks on and when a parent comes down stairs he high-tails it in to my bedroom.so last night same thing happen, while im not home, and he ended up breaking the light fixture, the only one in my room. my room is in the basement, so it is now always dark. im really pissed off and i want to punch him in the face.

How old is your brother? Can't you just fix the light or have him buy a new one or something? Where is the computer anyway because he could just go into your own room. You could always tell on your brother so your parents won't think you broke it or whatever.

umm, you turn the the light of, get needle nose plyers, stuck it up in there, and then spread them out so the plyers are touching both sides of the bulb and twist out.

Thick rubber gloves would help. Who knows if the rubber on the plyers is equipped to handle electricity. But the light bill must be interesting.

Flip the circuit breaker off, then, using a flashlight, do as Albus says.

Or diagonal side-cutters work, too.

***Almost anything will remove it once the power is off.***

Wow. No offense, but this sounds kind of like Cinderella (sorry, I had to mention that). And, uh...why are you living in a BASEMENT?!?!! Well, you should try to get it fixed. Talk with your parents, etc. Password your computer for your own protection. There are a lot of things you can do to prevent him from logging into your computer. Seriously, like haslip had said, turn off the circuit, and you can remove anything. :lol: Good luck!

I'm sure your parents will do something about his computer time (a timer by the computer works great...trus me, I know). Good luck with the light and make sure your parents know it's your brothers fault not yours :lol:

well its not really like my parents care... theyre always too high or busy to pay any attention to anything thats going on, but theyre very adamant that hes not allowed on the computer. to be honest, its not him being on the computer that i care about, its him going into my bedroom when hes afraid of getting caught. i live in the basement because there are 6 ppl in my house, and 3 bedrooms, so i finished the basement and set up a few rooms down here.the problem, basically, is that my brother uses my room as sort of a 'safe house' and theres really not much i can do, as i work 40+ hrs a week, and most of my time off i spend with my fiance and daughter, so im not home an aweful lot.

Well to add a bit to ficing the light to what haslip mention take a potato cut it in half and stick it in there. Then slowly twist it out. I wouldn't recommend needle nose plyers due the fact you could still could get shocked.But to solve your problems problem password protect the computer so he can't use it. Or set up a ton of mouse traps before you leave so when he steps on them he gets a nice pinch.

Here's what you can do, Ask your parents for help with the light if you cant do it yourself. Create a different profile on the computer for your brother. decide a time slot for him to use the computer. Password protect your own Important files. The more you try to restrict your brother the more he would try to breaak the rules. So, loosen the rules a bit and make him understand the importance of following em.

well letting him go on the computer is your choice. but i dont think that letting him play will make him learn. is he grounded or something or is he just not allowed on the computer. about the light bulb i dont know what to say. but maybe he will get caught then you might not have to worry about it. or like they said password protect all the important stuff. and make him his own login name. that way he cant get into your stuff.