xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amezis

Microsoft Launches Internet Explorer 7! Download link available here

M$IE is the WORST browser I have ever seen. For a start, it is super slow, and it has this weird feature that seems to load the WHOLE page before displaying it. Then it's the target of every punk itching to improve their hacking skills. There's a new security hole every week. Oh, and it's made by Micro$oft. Guess what that means? If you've seen any of my other posts on this company, you'll know. All they do is simply copy ideas from other companies, attach it to their windoze operating system and eventually kill the original idea. They don't deserve any credit. They didn't come up with any original ideas. Bill Gates is a nerd with no creativity. The same goes for his company. (no offence ^^). Also, look at the support behind MSIE, it is going down at an ever-increasing speed. There are no passionate supporters of MSIE, only haters. Most people use it because they can't be bothered to get another browser, or because they don't know of any others and fall victim to Microsoft attaching it to their OS.
MSIE isn't standards compliant either. Many websites look strange and mutated when viewed with the browser.Many sites therefore need specially modified sections for it, but what's the point when you can view sites in their proper glory with Firefox or Opera? There is currently a standards test for browsers known as the ACID2 test. Opera, Safari and other KHTML browsers pass it, Firefox doesn't yet but is VERY close and they are working very hard on it, and MSIE doesn't pass it and it doesn't look as though Micro$oft cares.
Microsoft has also used IE7 in particular to earn money that, in my opinion, it doesn't deserve. This is through forcing people to pay for "Genuine Windoze" or else it won't install. Nothing they make is genuine.
IE7 is only good for Windoze Update - another thing that Microsoft used to force people to use MSIE. But you don't HAVE to use Windoze either. I reckon Ubuntu is a VERY good OS - Micro$oft decided to copy many ideas from it to use in their Windoze Vista OS. In conclusion, I really don't think it's worth getting IE7. Try Mozilla Firefox, and if you simply can't live without IE or access a lot of websites that can only be viewed in IE (almost all of them are affiliated with M$ in some way), install the IE Tab extension, which lets you switch to IE on websites that won't load without IE. You can download Firefox here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Opera is another good option with even stricter adherence to web standards but doesn't give you the freedom of Free Software that firefox does.
Either way, both are better than MSIE.

Bearing in mind that the makers of IE7 work for a multi-billion dollar company and those at Firefox aren't as rich, which one would you expect to render better?

IE7 (displayed under IETab in Fx2)

Posted Image

Fx2

Posted Image

What It's Meant To Look Like

Posted Image

IE7 obviously :) They still have yet to fix many problems.

Take the test: http://www.webstandards.org/files/acid2/test.html

I don't know... IE has already been a target for evil exploiters everywhere. I only use it when I'm desperate. I find it rather interesting that they decided to put tabs and such. They ought to be more daring from the start. :/ Anyhows, I don't think I'm going to get it because I'm already satisfied with my FF and Opera. Well... I think it's mostly because I'm too lazy to upgrade programs. :) But seriously, I don't think this is worth my time. I might consider it though... someday.

Well I HAVE TO SAY I LOVE IT! I used Opera for a long time and it was my web browser of choice for abotu 5 years I guess. But now I downloaded the new IE and these tabs are looking great, I have to say. Tabs were the one thing that made opera the best browser in my opinion. As far as I can tell, IE made a very good product and I will use it since it is the most compatible internet browser....Please people, give it a choice - I also hated the last version, but this one is completely DIFFERENT and BETTER! Why not using great ideas (tabs from opera and other stuff from firefox) if they are great...That's just the way it goes...you copy something, improve it and add it to your program..All in all it is VERY GOOD and as far as i can tell STABLE...so ENJOY using it..and please GIVE IT A TRY!Greetz

I guess by staying behind by a few years, Microsoft have some sort of advantage over their competitors by knowing what worked well with them. I still have my opinion that it's crap; download it though because, as bad as IE7 is, downloading it closes vulnerabilities that IE6 has.

PS Ask yourself, would you pay ?15.50 ($30) for an IE7 addon to auto-fill forms or get Google Toolbar for Firefox free to do it for you?

[hr=shade]1 more post till 1,000! [/hr]

ever since i changed to Opera, I havnt even look back onceout of curiosity, i tried IE7 juz to find it juz another copy of Opera?I dun need anything new, worse i find IE7 slower (significantly slower when opening new tabs compared to using opera)so what has microsoft done? honestly, if not for activeX (which was crap anyways) i wont be using IE at all!

Its just WOW and congrats microsoft team to launch internet explorer 7.There are some great changes from the previous versions.I liked the tabbed browsing and I think internet explorer is very near to firefox and opera in terms of speed browsing.I think internet explorer tries and perhaps I think even manages to match the speed of these two popular web browsersI thank the microsoft team to launch such a good web browser again making impact in the world of web browsers :)

I always use firefox as a religion but it does have its own problems. i cant wait for a new updated version because even this latest version crashes and has extention probblems. :)

IE7... Microsoft knows millions of people will use IE7 atleast once eveyday. I dont think they need to be in competion with Firefox because everyone knows firefox is the winner. Talk about the technology... isn't IE7 built on the mozilla engine?