xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amezis

Microsoft Launches Internet Explorer 7! Download link available here

Well, Microsoft has just released Windows Internet Explorer 7 (note that MSIE is no more, it is now WIE :) ). What are your opinions about the new IE, if you have tried it? Is it better than Opera or Firefox?

Personally, I think it is better than MSIE 6, and pretty much the same thing as FX, but I still miss features that are integrated into Opera, such as a mail client, IRC client and mouse gestures.
There is also a major change when rendering web sites: The text is anti-aliased. Personally, I don't like that, as small, anti-aliased text is harder to read on computer monitors.

So what are your opinions?

Edited by Amezis (see edit history)

IE7 still can't beat Firefox or Opera, I tried it somewhile ago and still use it with sites which could mess with my cookies on other main browsers like Firefox and Opera because I mainly use them for all of my work.The RSS is an eye candy in WIE7 but still it is nowhere near the power and speed of Firefox.

The new version of internet explorer is available for download on microaoft's site at this link here.

The browser now supports tabbed browsing and RSS web feeds. Also you shouldn't worry abotu phishing sites withthis new browser. Your personal information is safe anf somehow the browser recognizes these sites that try to trick you into giving your information. The release has come out a little bit early so that they will beat the introduction of Firefox 2 coming out in a couple of months.

Before now people have been testing internet explorer 7 and now they will recive the full version through critical patches through microsoft's website. The testers said that the best improved feature is better printing of wedbpages.

In abotu 18 months microsoft will realese more improvements to IE 7 like a download manager and better search functions within webpages. ALso they will be focusing a lot on security issues.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Merged topics

Hmm, so let's think about this... have they copied firefox much? YES.

Hey, if you can't be good, at least make sure you're not new!

Ok, I'm just being mean, having even seen the new Explorer...

I have been using Windows IE 7 Beta (2 and 3), I really like it, but i have allways been an IE fan :). And now i am downloading the fully fledged version! But the sad thing is, i have never printed a web page with it :) lol :PGota go, need to restart for the install to complete :P

Is this the final version if not then why is this topic being made for? Everyone knows about the download link and Last I heard that this was still in beta stage.Also several topics have been already about this.

I just downloaded it from the main page and I guess it's official. I just downloaded it and I like it a lot better than IE 6 so far. A lot better interface has been added which I like. I still have some experimenting to do. I might still stick with firefox but I don't know yet.

Microsoft always seems very slow with the Internet, always jumping on the bandwagon last.

For years they claimed that the Internet would only be used by scientists, by which time Netscape had a strangle hold on the market. So they had to release IE with the OS so that people would use IE rather than downloading something else. I have heard claims from Microsoft that no-one wants tabbed browsing, but now they release a Internet browser with tabbed browsing :)

What I think is a laugh about this is that someone already has the IE7.com domain name:

http://www.ie7.com/ :P

ALso they will be focusing a lot on security issues.

:) This is a shock. Now if they would focus on fixing the issues with their other products I would be happy

WOW!! :) Very good information friend jaja I was with the Internet explorer ancient nor wise that havia gone out new one the Internet explorer 7 must be better and many complete mas habra that to prove it jejejeje and since like you put the link of exhaust even sera mas easily to have it with an alone touch Thank you man for the information of for if me ba to help :)

Is this the final version if not then why is this topic being made for? Everyone knows about the download link and Last I heard that this was still in beta stage.
Also several topics have been already about this.

It is the final version saint micheal, you could have view the microsoft website first... And microsoft have annouced that it will be available via Windows Update during november 1 for all Windows XP user... I've downloaded and installed it 2 days ago and it does not have much of a significant difference between the RC version and the final version, but its working well for me... And there's no point complaining about firefox being better than IE 7.0 here, you guys are just crazy over firefox while we are crazy over IE...

Most people will probably stick with FireFox or whatever browser they have, because most likely they will outdo this version of Internet Explorer too. ANd the sad thing is Internet Explorer comes with every Windows computer and all the other browsers are more popular.