xisto Community
billy101

Does Using Google Adwords To Advertise Work? Lets look at the facts

Google adwords has been around for a while now and well there is alot of hype going on around

whether it work or not and well there only seem to be a handfull of guys out there that seem to

be making any real money at all.

I went about a year ago or so to try to make money online and I had a very well paying job

that could support my new hobby (trying to make money online).

Well I got started by looking up every person that seemed to know what they were doing

on the internet by searching on google and came across the warrior forum on internet marketing

and making money online and well it gets the best reviews by far.

So I read there for a week or so and came across 2 main areas that people talk about

E-mail marketing and Google adwords and adsense.

Well let me clear things up a bit...

E-mail marketing is pretty much going out collecting peoples

E-mail addresses who are interested in what you want to tell them and through telling them

interesting stuff you promote things aswell and make a comission on everything you sell that

the people on your list buy.

Well I looked at this and well I know that the only E-mails I read are either work related or from

friends and so the success rate can't be that high in E-mail marketing so I decided to leave that

one to the pros.

Then there's Google Adwords.

Google adwords is a system that Google put together that simply lets people choose keywords that

people search for on Google then advertise in Google everytime someone searches for that keyword.

Here's an example....

I search for "siberian dog trainer" then on the right hand side and the top of the screen where the

results come up I'll see adds like Amazing Siberian Dog Trainer etc etc and if I click on it then

Google gets an advertiser who put the ad there to pay them for every click that someone clicks

to see where the ad goes.

Well I really like Google adwords and thought it could work for it simply meant choosing wisely

and testing your results over and over again, for thats what it said in the forum.

So I created my adwords account and got $50 free through a tip I got from someone.

And went and bought every E-book available on the topic.

I bought "the rich *BLEEP*", "the definitive guide to google adwords", "google cash", "Google profits"and "adwords miracle" for I knew that as everyone said.... "you will lose a lot of money if you just jump

into it and don't do it properly.

So as I was reading through the books I came across that they clashed on certain topics but all agreed

on others, so decided to focus on the topics that they all agreed on for they must work right?

Then I went about using what the books said about choosing products to promote via clickbank

and which one sell well and how to find them.

I signed up as an affiliate with them and was all excited to get going.

Then I followed the books step by step on how to choose my keywords and bought the "dowser" software package and the "adword analyzer" package to choose my keywords wisely.

Well then I went along and did as they said step by step and well never made anything in my first week

but kept on trying and testing, trying and testing.

But one thing I noticed was that because I was working with real people that my results weren't really

constant...

They kept on changing one week I'd be doing well then the next week I'd really do badly.

But I thought it would all improve if I persisted and I just did exactly as the books said and never

did anything else.

Well I got to a reasonable point and was making a bit of money every now and again and came to

the realization that well even after 4 months of trying and following every little thing the books said

that well it was just barely making me any money and well I stopped and pursued something else.

I'll make another post soon.

I dont know, at first and on the posts name you were talking about it working if used as advertising, and then you are talking about making money with it. Which one is the post about? I havent really looked into google adwords, but as far as I know it really must work as an advertising solution.

like all advertising, adwords needs a large userbase, so to make much money, you have to have a LOT of users - how many people per thousand visitors will click an add? In that sense it is better to get a deal if you get something direct where somebody pays you for having something on your site at all, though they will only bother with that if you have lots of visitors anyways... For me, just setting up sites is a better source of income at the moment, as there are quite a few people I know who want sites for their companies and stuff. It's nice :)Did what you made even out what you had to pay just to get the adwords thing going?The thing I like about adwords is that they don't normally have banners. (though I have seen them!!) Just plain text and customisable (am I right there?). So they look best :)

If you wrote it yourself, very nice post to come into the community! If you copied it from some place else, an admim will probably come to clean this soon :)Anyway, in my experiences Google Adsense is the only advertisement system which earns a nice profit and realyl pays out once you reached the payout limit, not like AdHearus a few month ago which closed down when they were about to pay me and the rest of advertising programs online :>

Google adwords has been around for a while now and well there is alot of hype going on around

whether it work or not and well there only seem to be a handfull of guys out there that seem to

be making any real money at all.

I went about a year ago or so to try to make money online and I had a very well paying job

that could support my new hobby (trying to make money online).

Well I got started by looking up every person that seemed to know what they were doing

on the internet by searching on google and came across the warrior forum on internet marketing

and making money online and well it gets the best reviews by far.

So I read there for a week or so and came across 2 main areas that people talk about

E-mail marketing and Google adwords and adsense.

Well let me clear things up a bit...

E-mail marketing is pretty much going out collecting peoples

E-mail addresses who are interested in what you want to tell them and through telling them

interesting stuff you promote things aswell and make a comission on everything you sell that

the people on your list buy.

Well I looked at this and well I know that the only E-mails I read are either work related or from

friends and so the success rate can't be that high in E-mail marketing so I decided to leave that

one to the pros.

Then there's Google Adwords.

Google adwords is a system that Google put together that simply lets people choose keywords that

people search for on Google then advertise in Google everytime someone searches for that keyword.

Here's an example....

I search for "siberian dog trainer" then on the right hand side and the top of the screen where the

results come up I'll see adds like Amazing Siberian Dog Trainer etc etc and if I click on it then

Google gets an advertiser who put the ad there to pay them for every click that someone clicks

to see where the ad goes.

Well I really like Google adwords and thought it could work for it simply meant choosing wisely

and testing your results over and over again, for thats what it said in the forum.

So I created my adwords account and got $50 free through a tip I got from someone.

And went and bought every E-book available on the topic.

I bought "the rich *BLEEP*", "the definitive guide to google adwords", "google cash", "Google profits"and "adwords miracle" for I knew that as everyone said.... "you will lose a lot of money if you just jump

into it and don't do it properly.

So as I was reading through the books I came across that they clashed on certain topics but all agreed

on others, so decided to focus on the topics that they all agreed on for they must work right?

Then I went about using what the books said about choosing products to promote via clickbank

and which one sell well and how to find them.

I signed up as an affiliate with them and was all excited to get going.

Then I followed the books step by step on how to choose my keywords and bought the "dowser" software package and the "adword analyzer" package to choose my keywords wisely.

Well then I went along and did as they said step by step and well never made anything in my first week

but kept on trying and testing, trying and testing.

But one thing I noticed was that because I was working with real people that my results weren't really

constant...

They kept on changing one week I'd be doing well then the next week I'd really do badly.

But I thought it would all improve if I persisted and I just did exactly as the books said and never

did anything else.

Well I got to a reasonable point and was making a bit of money every now and again and came to

the realization that well even after 4 months of trying and following every little thing the books said

that well it was just barely making me any money and well I stopped and pursued something else.

I'll make another post soon.

It sounds as though you went about your project quite reasonably and if you were making money AT ALL from a standing start like that then you were doing pretty well. If you stuck with it and continued to tweak your campaign I'm sure you could have have been successful.

I've just started using Google Adwords last week and it seems like there's an art too it.

I takes alot of time to set up and to conjure up keywords that would attract business but not use up all your budget in a flash.

The key is to be specific about what you are advertising and use keywords that are going to bring in people who are going to buy your product. It's very time consuming to set up new adwords and review reports especially when the product you are promoting changes very often.

I recommend following the Adwords tutorials by Google for any first timer, there available at https://www.google.com/adwords/learningcenter/

It helped me to understand how to use the whole system and not spend alot of money without any return.

of course they work, i mean look at Xisto they use google adsense. thats why they can give us free hosting cos of adsense it obviously pays resonably well.

I have had good luck with adwords, and at a low cost.. The keywords you choose makes all the differenceMost good keywords are expensiveyou could pay 1.00 per click if your not carefulIf you were selling a house thats not much butfor most of us we would begin loosing moneyOne way i found to avoid this is to target the ones of uswho cant type :) :) I like to use mispelled keywordsthey are very cheap and do get results what do i mean?Have you ever tried typing "Ipod" and end up with "I[od"So have othersThis works so give it a try

I have been trying to make money online for a couple of years now. I started out with Cafepress and it is the only thing I have made any money at all with. I tried the whole traffic exchange thing. You know promoting one traffic exchange on another just to get people in my down line. Well that turned out to be a vicious circle. Don't get me wrong all the time and effort wasn't wasted. I have learned alot about making money online. The first and foremost thing is to have a product or service that people need, Forget the get rich quick schemes. I did make some money doing get paid to offers. Trying things like block buster movies through the mail. But you can only do that for so long before you run out of decent offers. My latest endeavor is to help local companies improve or establish their web presence. I feel that adwords is the key to this. and the trick with ad words is keywords. No one uses the yellow pages anymore. They just google plumbers for instance and bamm they get results instantly. I'm looking into targeting certian parts of town or zip codes. One of my clients only compatition on the web is located on the far northern side of town. So their should be no problem drumming up business for them. I hope these ideas help some people who are serious about making a living. The web is a pretty big office space and I'm sure you can find a cubicle(or suite) that your comfortable working in.

Edited by Mr Inviso (see edit history)

Google Fortune IS A SCAM! I can't emphasize this enough...Do your internet research. Just beware, because they advertise using phony newspaper articles, such as the New York Gazette (not a real paper).

Try visiting complaintsboard.Com and scam.Com about this issue, and read the postings.  Or, do a Google search for this scam, and see what comes up.  Even Google themselves says it is fradulent, and claims no affiliation.

Internet users beware...These people are out to take your money, not help you out.