xisto Community
cjm1504

How To Change Windows Xp Language ?

As far as I know, changing languages is only possible in Windows XP Media Center Edition. If you have any other version of XP, you'd better go to backup your data and do a fresh install.Best regards,-L.

CHANGING THE LANGUAGE IN XP Go to control panel >> Regeional and Language option ^^and If you want to install East Asian language you will have Windows Xp Cd too ^^/East Asian language have Japanese , Korea Arabic etc.. :lol:

Edited by sachione (see edit history)

Muisetup

Replying to elhadi

Today my old sp2 win CD got scratched beyond repair.

Time to try out the sp3 CD english, but oh no I want it on another language.

I guess it works if your Win is PRO...French or whatever you are adding

2,1 MB of words in many other languages to the interfase with this pack regardless of what you have.

Multi-language User Interfase needs to be changed (MUISETUP)

Check at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ahh link has changed..Sorry this next one is the good one.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb688178.aspx

The MUI Pack allows each user of a workstation to select one of the installed User Interface languages

This selection is then stored in their user profile

When a user logs on, the appearance of the system change to the selected language. This means you can have frencha and other languages only create more users ^^

=========================================================================

The Windows XP MUI pack only works with Windows XP Professional Edition.

The MUI files cannot be installed on Windows XP Home Edition.

A 32-bit MUI pack can only be installed on 32-bit Windows XP. You must use

A 64-bit MUI pack on 64-bit Windows XP. The number of supported MUI languages

On 64-bit will be different from 32-bit XP.

Hope that helps

-reply by Felipe

how to change windows xp in japanese language

I have a labtop,with windows xp operating system.There for I want to change it to japanese language.I already install the ime but there is no changes.How can I change all settings to japanese such as start menu and the windows components..

-reply by Elmer

CHANGING THE LANGUAGE IN XP pls help...:)

Hi guis ..I'm claus form romania ...I have a windows xp home edition, original CD...I'm trying ti change the language..Becaose is's a german CD and the instaletion of windows is in german ...How coud I change the language...:) I'l prefer english:d...Pls help mee:)

-reply by claus

Changeing Windows XP Language

Replying to iGuestReplying to wischi

After a little search I've found ont he microsofts website this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download

This supports the following languages:

Windows XP Embedded with SP1 ships with the languages listed below.

* Arabic

* Chinese Simplified

* Chinese Traditional

* Czech

* Danish

* Dutch

* English

* Finnish

* French

* German

* Greek

* Hebrew

* Hungarian

* Italian

* Japanese

* Korean

* Norwegian

* Polish

* Portuguese

* Portuguese (Brazilian)

* Russian

* Spanish

* Swedish

* Turkish

I hope this could help you. :)

-reply by Imre

Windows XP Starting/Shutting Down Language change

I have computer with Win XP SP1 with Arabic Language version.When I first start the computer, the language of Starting/Shutting down under windows XP logo is shown in Arabic. How to change it to English.

-question by mukut das

my computer

Hi my name is kieron and my mate baught me a computer from poland and I'm in the same situation it is all in polish and I don't understand a word of it any help would be bloody brilliaint

-reply by kieron

Japanese to english

Replying to wischi

Sadly just setting your language to the preferred one in <control panel> <regional and language settings> will not do. All this does is lets you see JUST the date in your language and maybe show currencies and time related info as per the language you choose. I havn't found it to do anything else.

After going through numerous forums, I've seen that there's perhaps no way around this problem other than re-installing your system with the preferred language version of windows, which means you have to shell out more money.

Thank you Bill!

-reply by k4rmix

To change the whole system language you should install newer service pack with different language. 

For axample if you have XP SP2 in ENG and want to have it in Italian, you will have to download SP3 in Italian, change some registry keys (go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlNlsLanguage registry key, and then change the value date for ?Default? and ?InstallLanguage? registry value from 0409 to 0410) and you'll be able to install it in Italian. 

If no problems occur, you will have the whole system language changed.Here is the list of numbers that represents each language in registry: 

0436 = "af;Afrikaans" 041C = "sq;Albanian" 0001 = "ar;Arabic" 0401 = "ar-sa;Arabic (Saudi Arabia)" 0801 = "ar-iq;Arabic (Iraq)" 0C01 = "ar-eg;Arabic (Egypt)" 1001 = "ar-ly;Arabic (Libya)" 1401 = "ar-dz;Arabic (Algeria)" 1801 = "ar-ma;Arabic (Morocco)" 1C01 = "ar-tn;Arabic (Tunisia)" 2001 = "ar-om;Arabic (Oman)" 2401 = "ar-ye;Arabic (Yemen)" 2801 = "ar-sy;Arabic (Syria)" 2C01 = "ar-jo;Arabic (Jordan)" 3001 = "ar-lb;Arabic (Lebanon)" 3401 = "ar-kw;Arabic (Kuwait)" 3801 = "ar-ae;Arabic (you.A.E.)" 3C01 = "ar-bh;Arabic (Bahrain)" 4001 = "ar-qa;Arabic (Qatar)" 042D = "eu;Basque" 0402 = "bg;Bulgarian" 0423 = "be;Belarusian" 0403 = "ca;Catalan" 0004 = "zh;Chinese" 0404 = "zh-tw;Chinese (Taiwan)" 0804 = "zh-cn;Chinese (China)" 0C04 = "zh-hk;Chinese (Hong Kong SAR)" 1004 = "zh-sg;Chinese (Singapore)" 041A = "hr;Croatian" 0405 = "cs;Czech" 0406 = "the;Danish" 0413 = "nl;Dutch (Netherlands)" 0813 = "nl-be;Dutch (Belgium)" 0009 = "en;English" 0409 = "en-us;English (United States)" 0809 = "en-gb;English (United Kingdom)" 0C09 = "en-au;English (Australia)" 1009 = "en-ca;English (Canada)" 1409 = "en-nz;English (New Zealand)" 1809 = "en-ie;English (Ireland)" 1C09 = "en-za;English (South Africa)" 2009 = "en-jm;English (Jamaica)" 2809 = "en-bz;English (Belize)" 2C09 = "en-tt;English (Trinidad)" 0425 = "et;Estonian" 0438 = "fo;Faeroese" 0429 = "fa;Farsi" 040B = "fi;Finnish" 040C = "fr;French (France)" 080C = "fr-be;French (Belgium)" 0C0C = "fr-ca;French (Canada)" 100C = "fr-ch;French (Switzerland)" 140C = "fr-lu;French (Luxembourg)" 043C = "gd;Gaelic" 0407 = "de;German (Germany)" 0807 = "de-ch;German (Switzerland)" 0C07 = "de-at;German (Austria)" 1007 = "de-lu;German (Luxembourg)" 1407 = "de-li;German (Liechtenstein)" 0408 = "el;Greek" 040D = "he;Hebrew" 0439 = "hi;Hindi" 040E = "hu;Hungarian" 040F = "is;Icelandic" 0421 = "in;Indonesian" 0410 = "it;Italian (Italy)" 0810 = "it-ch;Italian (Switzerland)" 0411 = "ja;Japanese" 0412 = "ko;Korean" 0426 = "lv;Latvian" 0427 = "lt;Lithuanian" 042F = "mk;FYRO Macedonian" 043E = "ms;Malay (Malaysia)" 043A = "mt;Maltese"0414 = "no;Norwegian (Bokmal)" 0814 = "no;Norwegian (Nynorsk)" 0415 = "pl;Polish" 0416 = "pt-br;Portuguese (Brazil)" 0816 = "pt;Portuguese (Portugal)" 0417 = "rm;Rhaeto-Romanic" 0418 = "ro;Romanian" 0818 = "ro-mo;Romanian (Moldova)" 0419 = "ru;Russian" 0819 = "ru-mo;Russian (Moldova)" 0C1A = "sr;Serbian (Cyrillic)" 081A = "sr;Serbian (Latin)" 041B = "sk;Slovak" 0424 = "sl;Slovenian" 042E = "sb;Sorbian" 040A = "es;Spanish (Traditional Sort)" 080A = "es-mx;Spanish (Mexico)" 0C0A = "es;Spanish (International Sort)" 100A = "es-gt;Spanish (Guatemala)" 140A = "es-cr;Spanish (Costa Rica)" 180A = "es-pa;Spanish (Panama)" 1C0A = "es-do;Spanish (Dominican Republic)" 200A = "es-ve;Spanish (Venezuela)" 240A = "es-co;Spanish (Colombia)" 280A = "es-pe;Spanish (Peru)" 2C0A = "es-ar;Spanish (Argentina)" 300A = "es-ec;Spanish (Ecuador)" 340A = "es-cl;Spanish (Chile)" 380A = "es-uy;Spanish (Uruguay)" 3C0A = "es-py;Spanish (Paraguay)" 400A = "es-bo;Spanish (Bolivia)" 440A = "es-sv;Spanish (El Salvador)" 480A = "es-hn;Spanish (Honduras)" 4C0A = "es-ni;Spanish (Nicaragua)" 500A = "es-pr;Spanish (Puerto Rico)" 0430 = "sx;Sutu" 041D = "sv;Swedish" 081D = "sv-fi;Swedish (Finland)" 041E = "th;Thai" 0431 = "ts;Tsonga" 0432 = "tn;Tswana" 041F = "tr;Turkish" 0422 = "uk;Ukrainian" 0420 = "your;Urdu" 042A = "vi;Vietnamese" 0434 = "xh;Xhosa" 043D = "ji;Yiddish" 0435 = "zu;Zulu"
-reply by pucek

To Change the language of Windows XPHow To Change Windows Xp Language ?

To changeThe whole system language you should install newer service pack with differentLanguage. Or Uninstall the last installed Service Pack and after change the registrysettings below install it again.

Make always a backup of your Registry at first !

For xample

If you have XP SP2 in ENG and want to have it in Italian, you will have toDownload SP3 in Italian, change some registry keys (go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlNlsLanguageRegistry key, and then change the value date for ?Default? and?InstallLanguage? registry value from 0409 to 0410) and you'll be able toInstall it in Italian. 

If noProblems occur, you will have the whole system language changed.

Here is the List of numbers that represents each language in registry: 

• 0436 = "af;Afrikaans"

• 041C = "sq;Albanian"

• 0001 = "ar;Arabic"

• 0401 = "ar-sa;Arabic (Saudi Arabia)"

• 0801 = "ar-iq;Arabic (Iraq)"

• 0C01 = "ar-eg;Arabic (Egypt)"

• 1001 = "ar-ly;Arabic (Libya)"

• 1401 = "ar-dz;Arabic (Algeria)"

• 1801 = "ar-ma;Arabic (Morocco)"

• 1C01 = "ar-tn;Arabic (Tunisia)"

• 2001 = "ar-om;Arabic (Oman)"

• 2401 = "ar-ye;Arabic (Yemen)"

• 2801 = "ar-sy;Arabic (Syria)"

• 2C01 = "ar-jo;Arabic (Jordan)"

• 3001 = "ar-lb;Arabic (Lebanon)"

• 3401 = "ar-kw;Arabic (Kuwait)"

• 3801 = "ar-ae;Arabic (you.A.E.)"

• 3C01 = "ar-bh;Arabic (Bahrain)"

• 4001 = "ar-qa;Arabic (Qatar)"

• 042D = "eu;Basque"

• 0402 = "bg;Bulgarian"

• 0423 = "be;Belarusian"

• 0403 = "ca;Catalan"

• 0004 = "zh;Chinese"

• 0404 = "zh-tw;Chinese (Taiwan)"

• 0804 = "zh-cn;Chinese (China)"

• 0C04 = "zh-hk;Chinese (Hong Kong SAR)"

• 1004 = "zh-sg;Chinese (Singapore)"

• 041A = "hr;Croatian"

• 0405 = "cs;Czech"

• 0406 = "the;Danish"

• 0413 = "nl;Dutch (Netherlands)"

• 0813 = "nl-be;Dutch (Belgium)"

• 0009 = "en;English"

• 0409 = "en-us;English (United States)"

• 0809 = "en-gb;English (United Kingdom)"

• 0C09 = "en-au;English (Australia)"

• 1009 = "en-ca;English (Canada)"

• 1409 = "en-nz;English (New Zealand)"

• 1809 = "en-ie;English (Ireland)"

• 1C09 = "en-za;English (South Africa)"

• 2009 = "en-jm;English (Jamaica)"

• 2809 = "en-bz;English (Belize)"

• 2C09 = "en-tt;English (Trinidad)"

• 0425 = "et;Estonian"

• 0438 = "fo;Faeroese"

• 0429 = "fa;Farsi"

• 040B = "fi;Finnish"

• 040C = "fr;French (France)"

• 080C = "fr-be;French (Belgium)"

• 0C0C = "fr-ca;French (Canada)"

• 100C = "fr-ch;French (Switzerland)"

• 140C = "fr-lu;French (Luxembourg)"

• 043C = "gd;Gaelic"

• 0407 = "de;German (Germany)"

• 0807 = "de-ch;German (Switzerland)"

• 0C07 = "de-at;German (Austria)"

• 1007 = "de-lu;German (Luxembourg)"

• 1407 = "de-li;German (Liechtenstein)"

• 0408 = "el;Greek"

• 040D = "he;Hebrew"

• 0439 = "hi;Hindi"

• 040E = "hu;Hungarian"

• 040F = "is;Icelandic"

• 0421 = "in;Indonesian"

• 0410 = "it;Italian (Italy)"

• 0810 = "it-ch;Italian (Switzerland)"

• 0411 = "ja;Japanese"

• 0412 = "ko;Korean"

• 0426 = "lv;Latvian"

• 0427 = "lt;Lithuanian"

• 042F = "mk;FYRO Macedonian"

• 043E = "ms;Malay (Malaysia)"

• 043A = "mt;Maltese" 0414 = "no;Norwegian (Bokmal)"

• 0814 = "no;Norwegian (Nynorsk)"

• 0415 = "pl;Polish"

• 0416 = "pt-br;Portuguese (Brazil)"

• 0816 = "pt;Portuguese (Portugal)"

• 0417 = "rm;Rhaeto-Romanic"

• 0418 = "ro;Romanian"

• 0818 = "ro-mo;Romanian (Moldova)"

• 0419 = "ru;Russian"

• 0819 = "ru-mo;Russian (Moldova)"

• 0C1A = "sr;Serbian (Cyrillic)"

• 081A = "sr;Serbian (Latin)"

• 041B = "sk;Slovak"

• 0424 = "sl;Slovenian"

• 042E = "sb;Sorbian"

• 040A = "es;Spanish (Traditional Sort)"

• 080A = "es-mx;Spanish (Mexico)"

• 0C0A = "es;Spanish (International Sort)"

• 100A = "es-gt;Spanish (Guatemala)"

• 140A = "es-cr;Spanish (Costa Rica)"

• 180A = "es-pa;Spanish (Panama)"

• 1C0A = "es-do;Spanish (Dominican Republic)"

• 200A = "es-ve;Spanish (Venezuela)"

• 240A = "es-co;Spanish (Colombia)"

• 280A = "es-pe;Spanish (Peru)"

• 2C0A = "es-ar;Spanish (Argentina)"

• 300A = "es-ec;Spanish (Ecuador)"

• 340A = "es-cl;Spanish (Chile)"

• 380A = "es-uy;Spanish (Uruguay)"

• 3C0A = "es-py;Spanish (Paraguay)"

• 400A = "es-bo;Spanish (Bolivia)"

• 440A = "es-sv;Spanish (El Salvador)"

• 480A = "es-hn;Spanish (Honduras)"

• 4C0A = "es-ni;Spanish (Nicaragua)"

• 500A = "es-pr;Spanish (Puerto Rico)"

• 0430 = "sx;Sutu"

• 041D = "sv;Swedish"

• 081D = "sv-fi;Swedish (Finland)"

• 041E = "th;Thai"

• 0431 = "ts;Tsonga"

• 0432 = "tn;Tswana"

• 041F = "tr;Turkish"

• 0422 = "uk;Ukrainian"

• 0420 = "your;Urdu"

• 042A = "vi;Vietnamese"

• 0434 = "xh;Xhosa"

• 043D = "ji;Yiddish"

• 0435 = "zu;Zulu"

-reply by Ing, Wop NLD

Ok...... Find an English computer...... go to a torrent site......download an english version of windows in an iso file..........burn it to a CD with ImgBurn........Put it in CD-Drive......turn off laptop....turn it back on.....it should boot from CD.....install windows english.... :) If it's not booting from the CD, try changing the BIOS settings. Also, try the Regional > Language thing. :)

To change the whole system language you should install newer service pack with different language. 

For axample if you have XP SP2 in ENG and want to have it in Italian, you will have to download SP3 in Italian, change someregistry keys (go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlNlsLanguage registry key, and then change the value date for ?Default? and ?InstallLanguage? registry value from 0409 to 0410) and you'll be able to install it in Italian. 

If no problems occur, you will have the whole system language changed. Here is the list of numbers that represents each language in registry: 

I can confirm that this does work.  I was tasked with troubleshooting a mahcine for work tat came from a client office in Guatamala.  I applied SP3, changed the registry keys as stated to 0409 = "en-us;English (United States)" and everything is working fine in English.

-reply by Jeff

Works!How To Change Windows Xp Language ?

I too can confirm this worked!  I have a laptop with XP Home Edition in English, with English SP3 installed.  Then I changed the registry key to Chinese Simplified, and then installed Chinese SP3.  And everything is now in Chinese!

-reply by B Soo

Regedit before or after install?How To Change Windows Xp Language ?

Do I edit registry before or after the install??

"change the value date for ?Default? and?InstallLanguage? registry value from 0409 to 0410)" I don't understand this - I have a couple of folders under nls and some are in chinese

-reply by Matt