xisto Community
tehyev

Phproxy

Its a web proxy a guy made in PHP. Basically you download it, then host it. It gets past all school filters etc, pretty useful if you need to hide your actions or get past a firewall. Im hosting one on my trap 17 account and i havent been caught up in anything so i guess its ok.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is the proxy. Its coming down in a few days though.

Yes, found it. I re-read the Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy and could not find any discussion about Proxy servers specifically mentioned, BUT, IRC Servers are not allowed and neither are things which are deemed "unlawful", so whether using the Xisto service to by-pass the firewall restrictions is a good question and I will have to suggest that you wait for an Admin to drop-by and answer this question.

It seems like a useless ammount of bandwith processed trough your website seeing it uses the bandwith of your website. But what ever floats your boat I guess, as long as you have enough bandwith and Xisto admins don't complain about it I guess it's fine to install proxy's on your webspace :>

So can I get an official answer as to whether its legal here? If it is I may be using it since its a rather good scripts for me as my school just block whatever sites that they sees not helping in our studies... And some sites actually do help us in it... Now time to google it and read more about this scripts... :)

Absolutely not aloud! Here's an explanation;

Long long time ago, Xisto supported anything. But people are evil by nature and started to other things, like mass spamming, using Xisto as proxy to bypass other securities and firewall... which did nothing but place Xisto and all related IP address to the "sh!t" list. Thus all Xisto, Xisto, Xisto etc emails are landing in spam or bulk folder by Yahoo, AOL, Verizon, etc.
So in order to promote healthy view and good image of Xisto Corporation, the service no longer tolerates any potentially bad practice or behavior.

Directly from Buffalo himself. I sugges if you have proxy avoidance on your site, I strongly suggest you remove it now.

Thank you.

Dear jlhaslipPhpproxy its a php script and its do it like 3dpartysome isp filters some sites (url) with this script you can view sites , just put the web url and click . it show to you that site :) you can download form http://www.phpproxy.com/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t and search at googlewe have many script proxy like cgiproxy and phpproxy and fastproxy and .....but it use server b/w Dear tehyev Search At google.com . you can find many site with phpproxy and use itthis kind script dont save server b/w . and for browse the site goes to slow

Well kubi post does explain it all, I do remember a few incidents that had nothing to with trap. Although you want to go online and fool around do it at home school resources are used to help you learn and study. Yeah I did it in school as well, but if you can't wait like 7-8 hours to get on a computer then you have some problems. Do you know if oyur school has blocked out proxy sites? If they havn't then I suggest hte following proxy to use.

http://anonymouse.org/

My school blocks out proxy sites, I've tried like 20 over proxy sites and none work... And I guess it wouldnt hurt Xisto for having such scripts but since you guys say its not allowed I'll not use it... Off to find other host that allows it! :lol:

Since discussion is over I'll close the topic. All questions have been answered.Please PM a moderator to have it reopened.