xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tsunami

Cannot Receive Pms

I cant receive pm/messages on this site... its been like this since i joined because BuffaloHelp tried to pm me and i couldnt get it.... i have changed the settings so that i can and all seems to be in order but still no messages... anyone know what the problem could be?

Edited by Tsunami (see edit history)

Well I'm guessing that if you enabled it you went into My Controls and then Board Settings and set Disable Allowance of PMs to no. If not then try that. Other than that the only things I can think of is either it's full already, meaning you have 50 messages in the inbox or sent items folder combined. But you would probably notice that when it says Message Inbox Full. Did you accidently put Buff on the ignore list? Did you try to have Buff send again after you enabled it? And one more thing has anyone else tried to PM you to see if it works for them?

Edited by Plenoptic (see edit history)

he won't get it, thiers a bug in his account that cut him off to it some how. Vujsa had something milar but he can't report posts at asta. He would have to get a whole new account just for that to work. But then of course suffer hte loss of credits and posts as well.

yea we went over that last night SM ... thats whta you said but i figured is post it here so that there could be some documentation that i cant receive pm's so no-one (ie administrator or mod) cant say i ignored their pms and what not >.< but yea i have 0 messages in any folders, no one on my block list either... with the making of a new account and what not i could deal with the loss of credits (ive only got 20 or so any way) and loss of posts but i dont wanna loose my hosting >.< lol... i suppose i could deal without it and instead put my email address in my sig so people can email me instead of pm me

That wowuld be the best suggestion, although maybe but highly doubt it but when opaque updates to 2.2 series it might fix it.

Maybe sometime next year 2.2 is still in beta right now and of course findinf out how much coding he has to change. Which I doubt it would be much.

i dunno if its fixed or not but i did recieve a pm on december 31st... twas the mass pm for the award winners ... has anything changed around that time does anyone know?