xisto Community
irmlm

Earning Credit By Referring To Forum For Signup!? is there any referal link here?

none of that sort, irmlm. no referral links to boost up your credits here. it will solely be your post contributions which will help you earn hosting credits here.

The problem though is people could go around creating names with that referal link. Say they go to their friend's house and just make a name on their IP for the heck of it to get the referal or go to the local library. Sure some people will use it for good but a few bad people can ruin it. Plus they could just go around telling people to join for them and they don't have to use it. I'm not trying to be negative about it but you sort of have to look at the bad sides of things. Of course this doesn't mean you can't refer people that'd use Trap :)

I was just about to give my support for irmlm's idea, but Plenoptic has a very good point. Reffering people for credits is not an option, and should never become one.

Yea, though it would be nice and easier for many people to just refer some people, and not have to post, because we'd get the other credits to use, it would defeat the whole purpose of these forums. These forums are what keep the free hosting alive, and if everyone just went out and recruited more people, instead of posting useful things on the forums, them the forums would dry up and so would the free hosting. It would be nice to be able to get extra points that way, but it makes more sense to post here, and recruit people without the reward, because the more you recruit, the better the conversations on this forum will be, and the more people you'll be able to have help you with any problems :)

On top of what is said in the above posts, like how bad it would be on the forum in a sense that they could register multiple accounts with different IP addresses, another bad thing about referal would be the massive spamming of Xisto URL in other forums. I have seen so many members who would go to that limit just to make people join their forum. Spamming in other forums will not make a good name for Xisto. There are many other webhosts out there and for sure it would be a good place for these users to spam there. So no no to earning credit by referring another user to the forum

Interesting question, although it would bring in good advertisement for this site and others every post that has been posted is correctly. I myself could create a few hundred accounts without anyone knowing it was me.The idea might have worked before the credit system when it was posts but not today.

Really its posible, if the member needs atleast 30 posts before his refferal points are earnd, then the fake account problems woud be solved and the others, Also how much accoutns per ip coud help.

Trap17 forum asks all members not to post referral links in our forum. And we have to uphold that other forums would have a similar rule as well. Xisto boasts on spam-less forum and thus should not allow to spread spam, related with the name of Xisto, on other forums/email/advertisement. It, I believe, is a proper etiquette.Xisto does ask that you place a small link back from your site to Xisto. But this is a pure voluntary.

And these are good etiquette rules I believe.I thought at first that the proposal was interesting but it?s true that is too hard to control the referrals and it would be no good for the site to spam other forums.The same that you only ask for a voluntary link when you could place a big banner on top like most do. Good policy.

I think something like that would really make this cool because you do not always feel like coming on to the forum to write stuff for the forum so that your credits don't runout. sometimes you just don't have the time either. So if they did something like that so you could boost your credits without having to come and talk on the forum I also think that something that would be coo lto implement her would be to have it that if you start a topic and that topic does well say for every 20 replys from diffrent people you will get more credits when you do participate on the forum. I know the way they do it so that ppl do participate in the forum. So this way if you don't participate then theses extra credits will not appear but you just have a bit of input and you will get more credits than normal ! would be a really cool thing to implement to this trap 17 forum.

Yea, though it would be nice and easier for many people to just refer some people, and not have to post, because we'd get the other credits to use, it would defeat the whole purpose of these forums. These forums are what keep the free hosting alive, and if everyone just went out and recruited more people, instead of posting useful things on the forums, them the forums would dry up and so would the free hosting. It would be nice to be able to get extra points that way, but it makes more sense to post here, and recruit people without the reward, because the more you recruit, the better the conversations on this forum will be, and the more people you'll be able to have help you with any problems :)

so how if u give a percent of post credits to the referers?
for example i refer bob! and then bob makes a post and gets 5credits! and it would be good if i get a percent of that for exapmle 0.5credit ! hah? what do you think?:)
Edited by irmlm (see edit history)

so how if u give a percent of post credits to the referers?for example i refer bob! and then bob makes a post and gets 5credits! and it would be good if i get a percent of that for exapmle 0.5credit ! hah? what do you think? :)

It's a better idea than your last one, but it still can be abused in the same way as the first. So no.

Yes that would be nice. But as many others have said earlier - there is a problem of cheating the system. People would fake names and in a matter of months everything would go down and we certainly don't want that right? However, I find it interesting that the sole need for humans to cheat and do stuff that they know is "illegal or wrong" can do such things. I am trying to say that if everybody did what they supposed to do and what is not wrong, nothing would need to be so highly secured. I know very good that this is totally impossible but still it is funny if you think HOOW many things depend solely upon this human "flaw". Well thats life...get used to it or die trying :)Greetz