xisto Community
stevey

wanna know the gender of people on ere!! please make sure you vote on this one.

Are you male of female  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

sorry it jus had to be a poll only hey we just gotta know how many females we got on the forum ,im really curious.

When I am replying this topic, till then only 2 are voted as female. The topic was posted on Jul 31 2004, 10:24 PM. Its very strange that only 2 females voted during about 3 and half year, Even not a female/year.

Hehe..I thought we'd won this one! :o But isn't it interesting how culture defines our activities? You know from the earliest childhood, boys are put a lot more into thechnical stuff and girls get barbie dolls, little kitchens and all that....I think that this and the whole culture defines males as more frequent computer users in the sense of coding, website creation...I don't think I've ever heard of a woman who creates and codes websites? Of course there are a few, but ocasionally that is men's job or hobby! And this is why I knew that the situation here on Xisto would be like that...most of us are here, because we want free webspace and why do we need it - to put our sites somewhere...and who did we say, is making sites? :D

Girl # 4 here :o

Hehe..I thought we'd won this one! smile.gif But isn't it interesting how culture defines our activities? You know from the earliest childhood, boys are put a lot more into thechnical stuff and girls get Barbie dolls, little kitchens and all that....

I totally agree with you but thankfully I had a different childhood.. I had remote controlled cars that were my brothers.. I used to get Barbie dolls as a kid but then after I sacrificed 2 of my dolls to my dogs.. My mom decided to give me better things..
Encyclopedias and full access to a garage full of tools, our car engine, tires and of course things to fix and destroy :D .. I spent my whole childhood climbing trees,building things around the house with my grandpa so I guess that sort of made me how I am..

I love technical stuff way more than my brother because of my childhood.

I think that this and the whole culture defines males as more frequent computer users in the sense of coding, website creation...I don't think I've ever heard of a woman who creates and codes websites?Of course there are a few, but ocasionally that is men's job or hobby!

It is true that you hardly find women who are good at coding websites but one of my friends codes websites not great but decent stuff but you might be surprised as to how skilled a female programmer can be.. One of our best support admins' is a woman.

And this is why I knew that the situation here on Xisto would be like that...most of us are here, because we want free webspace and why do we need it - to put our sites somewhere...and who did we say, is making sites? smile.gif

Sadly you do have a point there... Guys are designed with the whole spatial skill package and 3-d while we were born with the multitasking,communication and 2-d which is great in its own field.

But times are changing.. While girls are catching up with guys.. They are not yet in the whole techno freak section but they are starting to pay attention to technology.. Whether it is just to look cool in front of friends or genuine interests :(

P.S : I signed up this forum to boost my confidence to work better online :( but am a die hard techno junkie **fiddles around with CPU** :D

Well I am a girl.^^ I guess that it is just more boys than girls that cares about technology or such things. But girls are catching up - so you are all warned. =)

Sorry to kinda ruin it for ya.. But I'm a guy here. But then again when I'm on I do tend to reply to topics that are interesting or those hobbies/subjects/etc that interest me. An example is public transport, which I do tend to ride on heaps (buses, trains and ferries).

Well I am a girl.^^ I guess that it is just more boys than girls that cares about technology or such things. But girls are catching up - so you are all warned. =)

wow., bluebear., great to know you that you are insterested in a such of technology.
cause a girl is rarely here.
nice to meet you.., :o

Naah, I do not really think I am interested in such things. Maybe I am, maybe I am not. =)

I am a boy, so I voted for the Males :oWhy is it that in polls like this, there are usually more men than women? (trying not to be sexist)But I like technology a lot! I don't know where id be without it

Not many girls are into webdesign, free webhosting so there are not that many coming here to our forums. I'm not sure why but I think it has something to do with our culture of girls general playing with barbie dolls while boys play video games. It might be changing slightly as more fancy toys like cell phones with more advance applications on them being widely available to females. They may start to wonder how to do this and that with it and stop asking the guys how to do it and learn it them selves. I think it really all comes down to interest, we are all here because we are interested in free hosting. If girls are not interested then they wont stick around simple as that. As long as your not after a dating service here at Xisto then it shouldn't be a problem. On the other hand it works out well for the girls with like 100 guys to 1 girl lol.

Yes, finally! :P"girls general playing with barbie dolls while boys play video games." Hoh? When I was younger I did not like barbie dolls, bratz or anything like that really. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I grew up with lots of boys around me, and since there where more boys than me they usually got to decide that we were going to play... Yup. Sure I did have some barbie dolls, but I guess it never really was my thing. I remember we used to go outside, ride our bikes, climb trees, make those little wooden cars and things just like that.But girls do in general like playing with barbie dolls.

Its interesting when you look at the numbers of females vs. males who do web building... I know so many girls who are AWESOME at web design, and building the sites themselves... not using the shortcuts like finding a free layout and using the css style. I know a few women who do it for a living... and its pretty interesting to see the demographic of this. I like the idea behind it.