xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PWNGEx3

Zero-day Firefox Exploit

and at the end of the article, it says:

Since the presentation, Spiegelmock has backpedalled on the zero-day claims. In a note posted to the Mozilla Web site on Monday, he says that he was never able to exploit the supposed vulnerability to hijack computers.

clearly, it was a "hoax" from the start. :) here's an official statement from spiegelmock from the mozilla developer center.

The main purpose of our talk was to be humorous.

lol That's pretty funny. I bet they had a lot of people scared if they didn't read the whole article. Although I'd like to take the $500 per vulnerability pointed out. If they really know 30 ways to hack Firefox they'd make $15,000 dollars, which is more than a pretty penny. I would like to know though what vulnerabilities can be found in Firefox so I can try to stay away from sites if they point out what to look for.

Edited by Plenoptic (see edit history)

hmm, whatever. I guess I sort of read this to late to find it humorous. But what I did find interesting is the trend micro add. Are they making hardware based products to fight malware and spyware now days? If they do, I think it would be great. Imagine having an antivirus/spyware/malware on external hardware, that would let the computer work faster, because from what I have heard norton and some other antivirus programs tend to slow down the computer by 40%.

if firefox started to flaw or leak in security i dont know what i'd do.. i hate opera >< its so complex, i love firefox's simplistic yet effective operation. anyway, if there were flaws i'm sure they get right on to them in no time. they cant afford to have leaks in their program, so many people rely on firefox ;o

There will always be bugs and flaws on all browsers... However, as firefox is an open source project, it's much easier to find it and also to fix...What really sux is that there are people like those both that wanna talk to others hackers about those exploits..."'I do hope you guys change your minds and decide to report the holes to us and take away $500 per vulnerability instead of using them for botnets'"This part of the text is an ashame...Hackers are so different and some are nice... These aren't... I wish they went to jail... There are others nice hackers which hack websites to find politicials things and warn the population about it... Those diserve my appreciation!Sorry for my english =(