xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cool_Freaker

North Korean Nuclear Defense

As you may or may not have heard, North Korea annouced the testing of nuclear weapons, to "protect themselves from nuclear war soon to be instigated by the Americans".Liberal thinking: Last them test it. As a defense system, all nations should have some way of protecting themselves in the case that nuclear war does indeed break out.Conservative thinking: North Korea has a history of not agreeing with the world, and they must not be a country that holds substantial nuclear power.So, Russia wants to reinstate their group of N/S Korea, China, Japan, Russia, United States and talk over this situation.Comedic thinking: If it goes as well as their missiles, some fish will be blown out of the water.

umm its called The internet?even if N Korea were to get into a nuclear war with us, they would loose their head off....The US has like the Most Nuclear Bombs out of the whole world, and it would only take about two blasts to blow N Korea, and half of asia off the planet.. but see thats the bad thing, because if we were to get into a nuclear war, we could aim at N Korea, but the effects of the bomb would effect people that dont deserve it, like china, or other people living around them. But like i said, if we were to go into nuclear war with them, they would loose whether we use bombs or not.they would use up their nukes in a few hits. And it is them who is debating on starting this...My uncle is right now on a boat in the middle of the ocean, preparing to shoot down any misiles that are launched from N Korea anywhere in the world. He has been there for like 6 months now, and they have recieved info that N Korea threatens to do this if we dont move our forces back. quite sad really

well i am not the least suprised north korea going ballistic a few weeks back and now probably going nuclear but suprises me is why the US is taking a different stance while dealing with north korea and having different measures while dealing with iran which is some 10 years away from making a nuclear bomb and already already there is widespread speculation that an attack on iran is imminent ,why did they allow north korea this close to having nuclear bobmbs ? as had been with iran why havent there been all options including the military one not on the table as washington puts it ,is it because of north korea's close ties with china and fear of inviting china to any conflict involving north or simply US foreign policy which cannot bear iran with the bomb , we have seen the lies made upto the iraq war ,now we are seing the same lies being repeated though slightly different with iran ,no wonder rise in extremism and countries feeling the need to have a nuclear bomb in order to prevent them being invaded , as far as i can speculate m no matter what happens we will have to live with the reality of a nuclear north korea and sometime in the future a nuclear iran too ,

America seems to be forgetting that the one country in the world that has ever used a nuke against another country is itself, so I cannot see how it can tell other countries it cannot have them. :) I don't mind North Korea having nukes, as we have so many in the world anyway that it isn't going to make much difference, but like the above poster, I cannot understand why the difference in policy between North Korea and Iran.

Well I think that Korea have the right to have nuclear power and weapons.Do Americans think that they are superior to the africans for example?! ''Every nation has the right to defend its territory'' That what Bush said, is that only can be applied on America or all the world.Iran has also the right to have nuclear power just like every country in the world, and like America.Or koreans and iranians are idiots and they don't know how to make these weapons?! And only Americans are intelligent enough to make these weapons.

Kim Jung Il is unpredictable at best. While it's unclear whether he would use a nuclear weapon with a first strike against Japan or their southern neighbor just isn't known. The guy is nuts as in Hitler nuts and has the population basically brainwashed. I didn't believe it myself until I talked with some folks who were in N. Korea as part of an UN envoy. (the people were Germans, not Americans) At least during the Cold War, both the Soviet Union and United States were ran by mostly rashonal men who knew that there was no winners in a nuclear war. Both sides fostered backdoor channels to ensure there were lines of communication and while the two sides publically clashed, privately there was a notion that neither side wanted an exchange. I think Tom Clancy summed it up best in the sum of all fears when he wrote: "It's not the guy with 27,000 nukes I'm worried about; it's the guy with one."Most of the fear over a North Korean bomb is that of uncertanity. N. Korea has shown in the past the willingness to sell other weapons technology for hard cash. Would they do the same with nukes? Would Kim Jong Il actually use a nuke in a first strike? It's those questions that keep the intelligence analysts up at night because the truth is they don't know. So they assume worst case and that is Kim Jong Il is crazy enough to sell nukes or use them first.

I really think that the world is underestimating North Korea, I mean, why would anyone build nukes? To have them rot in a warehouse? I dont think so, specially a country like North Korea who hasnt been very friendly lately.

If North Korea wants to test nuclear weopons , let them test them - without causing any harm to any other nation. Frankly I don't like the US being the global police. Why should a country ask permission from the US for their own national security? Who decide that the US should be the nuclear police?Iran is not allowed to develop nuclear technology for their own enrgy consumption. This is ridiculus considering the number of nuclear plants in the USA.And who knows , you Americans might be building a nuclear bmob yourself.

And who knows , you Americans might be building a nuclear bmob yourself.

And who said that they didn't build a bomb, I think they alot more than one bomb. Americans!!

Its a problem. But there a re a lot of problems in the world, and this, like most of them, is one we can't do jack about. No one will invade Korea because of this, hopefully they wont invade us. If they do, we, are screwed. Admittedly, their foriegn policy is aggressive and secretive, but If we leave them be, not turn a blind eye, but leave them be, they will not attack us.

Indeed it is, but there is nothing that we in the west can do to change that. Kim Jung Il will never submit to the 'powers of the west' till his dying day. We will never have a cold war with them, as they fear nothing because of their Nukes. I think that we will know quite clearly when/if there is a time to strike. At the moment, I think we need to be more worried about Iran, who seem to be re-starting their Nuclear program. North Korea is not really strong enough to do much at the minute, yes they have Nukes, yes they have an evil dictator, but, the first warning signs to us will be when they start messing around with South Korea properly. In truth, for all we know they may be as far behind elsewhere as Russia were in the cold war. A nuke is still 50 year old technology if you remember. I do not want to underestimate the danger of this weapon or if they did infact use it against South Korea as of the fall out effects of it, but still. I would not think that they would really use there weapon, they only would have it as a useful psychological edge, and that it is.