xisto Community
JasperIk

I'm Not A Christian!

Hadi, if you made a thread about your beliefs, and i went in there and started trying to convert you, and make you believe what i believe, you would react the same way. I have told you several times in this thread that you are not succeeding in trying to convert me, and you have said if you aren't succeeding you would stop, and well you aren't and you didn't stop, and that makes you a liar, and very very pushy. Its RUDE to sit there and continuelly try and force me to believe something i don't, you are being rude. You might for some reason think its okay to push your beliefs, because you are christian but honestly thats just making my point that christians are pushy and don't listen when people say STOP praying for me, and blessing me. My thread was not "Help, i think i might be atheist please oh please come and convert me" my thread is about how everyone assumes people are christian, and if they aren't they try and convert them. No where in my thread did i honestly say "please try and convert me" theres SEVERAL threads on here, of people needing faith, and wanting it, this wasn't one of them, so please move along to someone who wants you so called help, because I don't want it or need it.

Edited by JasperIk (see edit history)

First of all, who said I am christian, did I? I don't remeber saying that.Maybe I pushed a bit to convince you, but you can do whatever you want. And I am not getting something of it, I won't win money if I convinced you.Best wishes!!

First of all convers suck... :) and besides you should thank them, its nice comment in their points of view. Besides your not christian title?.. Why Christian.. why not Catholic. Im catholic myself and hear, and say this things alot. :|.. Theres this ethious person in school... and when someone sneezes he says bless you...

Edited by Danny (see edit history)

Everyday, I get a "I will pray for you" "god bless" "bless you"... from somebody, for some reason. For awhile, I dealt with it (more when I wasn't so anti-religion), it didn't bother me all that much, i just shrugged it off because it was their belief, and I understood that. Then, it happened more, and more...and I started to think about what it really meant, and then my own beliefs, and i started to get angrier, and more annoyed each time i heard it, until i have been driven to the point of where i am now.
Why do i feel so stepped on, and forgotten? Why do people just assume I am Christian, why doesn't anyone understand my beliefs? It seems like everyone believes i have no morals, that i am horrible, that i am...in a sense, evil because i don't worship a god. Why am i so ridiculed? People say other 'religions' are always misunderstood, and treated poorly, but...most religions have one thing in common, they believe in god...or some higher power/s ..its like a special bond, no matter how much they fight and hate each other, they will always have that in common. But what do i have? its like everyone hates me. I get so horrible offended when someone says 'god bless', because i feel like everyone just assumes i believe in god and it makes me feel like no one wants to get to know me, and that they just think everyone is like them. If i say I dont believe in god, i am ridiculed, but a Christian is allowed to speak freely of their belief for a god? It isn't fair. I believe in evolution, i believe we are related to great apes (NOT monkeys...note the characteristics of humans and gorillas and orangutans, NOT monkeys), and we evolved from ape LIKE creatures. I dont believe the world was created in what 7 days? I believe the bible, was just a book written for entertainment, god was originally created for people to put blame on. I believe the so called 'virgin' Mary, was probably just like an average 16-25 year old today, scared to be pregnant, and made up a lie... just a fairly big one. I think the story of Adam and Eve is disgusting, and doesn't make any sense. I understand that probably yes, some inbreeding had to probably occur to create anything, plant or animal...but inbreeding from just two people and people being spread to each part of the world? There would have to be an Adam and Eve on every continent. And hell? I believe that is just something they made up for a threat, like "go to your room"|"go to hell"...I refuse to believe in something so evil, especially when supposedly god forgives all, if he forgives all...why is there a hell? A bit contradicting eh? Theres other religions, and i know I shouldn't be nitpicking at mostly just Christianity, but to be honest i have to put up with Christian beliefs in general, far more than any other religion, because a lot of Christian followers are just so damn pushy. Ive never had a Buddhist come to me, and try to cram their belief down my throat, or a Muslim, a Satanist, or even a pagan (though, dont even get me started on that religion, along with Wicca).
If you are offended by my post, welcome to how i feel everyday when someone tells me 'god bless'

whoa...i feel almost exactly the same as you..... i used to be cool with people saying stuff like that....but not its just as if they think everyone believes the same crap as them....it is pretty annoying dont ya think? im not to the point to where i think they shuold take "under god" out of the pledge cause i respect there beliefs i just wish they could respect mine

Seriously, saying "bless you" when you sneeze isn't religion - it's culture or a social thing... And you shouldn't be so intolerant of religion. Just because somebody says "I'll pray for you" doesn't mean they're saying you're a christian... it's just something nice that nice people say.

Seriously, saying "bless you" when you sneeze isn't religion - it's culture or a social thing... And you shouldn't be so intolerant of religion. Just because somebody says "I'll pray for you" doesn't mean they're saying you're a christian... it's just something nice that nice people say.

i agree but "bless you" had to originate from a religion so wouldnt that make it religious? im not jumping on you cause it is a social thing but you cant really jump on him cause it is from religion...

i agree but "bless you" had to originate from a religion so wouldnt that make it religious? im not jumping on you cause it is a social thing but you cant really jump on him cause it is from religion...

Yes, it became a social thing from a religious thing. Just as with people a long time ago thinking that cameras took a piece of your soul when your picture is taken, same with sneezing. A long time ago, people used to think that when one sneezed, a part of their soul would escape them, and they would say "bless you", not really to you personally, but to the part of the soul that supposedly came out of you. Of course, that would be in a good sense. Nothing bad about it, just wishing the person's soul to go to the right place.

Yes, it became a social thing from a religious thing. Just as with people a long time ago thinking that cameras took a piece of your soul when your picture is taken, same with sneezing. A long time ago, people used to think that when one sneezed, a part of their soul would escape them, and they would say "bless you", not really to you personally, but to the part of the soul that supposedly came out of you. Of course, that would be in a good sense. Nothing bad about it, just wishing the person's soul to go to the right place.

so what are you saying? are you saying that everything has changed from the time it was originated to now?

so what are you saying? are you saying that everything has changed from the time it was originated to now?

I wouldn't say everything has changed between the time from then and now, but i would say many things have changed.

I do rather agree with you on your first post. I do get kind of offended when people say "I will pray for you", but not when they say "God Bless you" because to me "God Bless You" is like saying "I wish good fortune on you". "I will pray for you"on the other hand is like saying "I hope you convert over to my religion" or "I wish good fortune on you" depending on the context. At least that's the impression I get from most Christians when they use this phrase. To me at least, I only see Christans saying that if something really bad has happened to you or when you say your from a different religious belief then they are. When it is used in the first case, its more like saying "I hope things get better.", in the second case that's when I get the impression that they want me to convert over.

I have a view where the question doesn't arise whether god is real or not first lets assume that there is no godthis earth ,this water and everything else is created exactly by scientific method.we live on our terms ,obviously there is good and evil people all the timenow if there is too much bad going on earth like war,natural disaster and various other thing which are partially or completely uncontrolled by a basic man.he feels that he cannot control the evil and gets depressed or demotivated and may be encouraged to do bad things in the world.now suppose that guy is told that there is god in the world ,the guy gets some faith that his problems will be solved,gets motivated,tries to do good things and fight bad things in the name of god(plz i am not saying that god exist or not )so either if god is present or not ,the belief system works for the benifit of meni personally don't beleive in stories of bible,qooran or geeta,but i would advise anyone to go to church or mosque or temple because this places give a positive effect on the mind to those who beleive in god and it has to be personal choice,if you are offended you shouldn't go there and as far as you someone telling you 'god bless you'(it may be intentional pushing or just a hi sort of thing for them),you just tell them that you get offended by that but even after this ,if they continue just tell them the f*** o** (people like hadi),as everyone has their own choice and no one has the right to push anything on anyone,and i also agree that why in the first place you have to tell them ,but understand that the place where you live have majority christians and getting offended everytime will make you unhappy and frustated so there is no need to get tense ,just chill out

I get annoyed at "I'll pray for you", but not "Bless you" because... well although it was originally religious (nice friendly people helping you drive out the devil :) ), I doubt anyone today says that in the honest belief that your body is battling with demons. :) What makes me just plain angry is when people tell me what to do based on what their religion dictates. They don't adhere to my moral codes, why should I to theirs?Personally, if people were repeatedly saying things like that, and they knew it bothered me, I'd just go around saying, "Satan bless!" and "I'll sacrifice a goat for you, dear". I'm not Satanic but I have a funny feeling it would either make them understand and stop, or go away. :P

Addressing Hadi: Religion is an opinion, deal with it. You can't impose your view on religion on anyone else just because you feel it's right. You're not going to get brownie points for conversions. Get out of the Inquisition/Great Awakening ideology and get you some culture. For starters, try realizing that not everyone WANTS religion and what you're suggesting is utter conformity for the sake of the "higher being". In this day and age, that's pretty much not an option. Addressing Pixie: Okay...the very fact that you're stating that as total fact disturbs me. The fact that we're alive and able to talk about these things is pretty much evolutionary luck. We could be dinosaurs with the same mental facilities doing the same things, but we wound up with hands and very small puny teeth - not exactly a fair trade, if you ask me. At any rate, in a few billion years, the sun is going to freak out and burn whatever parts of the earth haven't been ravaged by nuclear wars; and in Houston, the sunshine is ALWAYS inconvenient. There goes your ideal of the "perfect amount of light".Whoever said Hindus worship cows: NO NO NO NO NO. That's the most ignorant thing I hear about my religion every day. The cow is a sacred symbol just as much as the cross is for Christians. We WORSHIP Vishnu, Shiva, Brahma, or other gods/goddesses, not their symbols. I personally don't feel too much anger, but it makes me feel suddenly inferior to people who say that. It's like, "Thank you for telling me that your god is going to protect me where mine's supposed to." If I didn't like the mythology and values of Hinduism so much, I'd probably consider myself to be atheist. The best morals are determined by everyday life - by one's environment. You have to be ready to adapt, which I feel religion is inadequate to do. It creates intense pressure on the individual to fulfill the regulations of an organized religion in order to attain supreme happiness. Things that used to be voluntary acts are now oozing with religious suggestions - like this "I'll pray for you" thing. I'm more than capable of solving situations for myself; there's no need for someone to tell me, even as innocently as that, that they've got Someone keeping an eye out for me. Religion, itself, seems to change into one giant sect of Christianity, and leaves the rest of the world behind, which is why I probably get incensed by the implications of that -- that my religion is suddenly inferior to the Christian machine.But even so, I throw in a "bless you" every now and then because it's convention, and everyone does it regardless of religion. It feels universal, so I like it. Nowadays, that's sort of what we need. With the Pope, the Bible Belt, and the few but vocal fanatics of both my faith, Islam, and a few others rearranging ideologies, maybe a little unification is necessary. They pulled this off in Dune, which I thought was very cool. Zen-Sunni, anybody?On that note... whatever happened to the Unitarians?

Edited by biscuitrat (see edit history)

Who am i to judge if god exists or not? I am human, i have opinions i am on this earth alive, that gives me the right to judge and have my own beliefs. ....Because throughout the years the so called 'facts' can be contradicted by science. For example, i highly do not believe in the devil and many people thought if you were 'crazy' you were possesed by the devil, even though we now know, they were just crazy because their mind wasn't right, they had brain problems, the brain is a powerful thing and it is out of whack, you are capable of doing things that are so wrong, and it has nothing to do with the so called devil.

Facts, and Opinions/Beliefs are not the same.

Of course believe in God is a belief. Exactly to believe in evolution is not fact but a belief. Read my page about that and i posted here first:: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. But that does not prevent millions of Scientist [including me] to believe in GOD too. But please don't accuse anybody believe as "Crazy" or "their mind wasn't right", or "they had brain problems". See my page: I am Scientist but I Believe in God [ http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ] which posted in this forum last year.

When a picture is taken, and there is a glare, or a funny light by someone, people with Christian beliefs say 'oh it is jesus/god', when i look at it...i see the film must have been damaged, or there was something that was shining at the time the picture was taken (glass, braceletts, neckless...).

I don't know what picture , claims or film you talking about.?.But you have not to jump to your own conclusion and reject others observation. It is not good to consider only yours and others are nonsense. See my page at: When I saw St Mary with millions : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ which was in this forum too.

Stories, are written for fun. And, yeah I am sure the bible is a interesting and 'fun' story to read...but so are Stephen King books, and Anne Rice books...now tell me are they real? No, so don't you think it IS possible that the bible was written for pleasure, and not for it to be followed?

I don't think Bible was written for pleasure. From where you came with this?

Heaven and Hell do not scare me, and I cannot go to any place I do not believe in.

They do not scare me too but it is not your choice where you go after death. My ancestor "Egyptian" believed in the life after death before Christian, Muslims or Jews.

I can tell you what YOU WILL be buried/cremated and you will rot. THAT is proven, your body rots. Now whether or not your soul and spirit are taken elsewhere, that is unknown, but atleast I have proof we rot, you have no proof we go to heaven. ......

Please don't be offended, when you die...and NOTHING happens to your soul....

The believer in God , Soul or life after death will not loose anything if your opinion is right . But the opposite is bad, non believer who will be the looser.

I don't have to accept gifts. And it is NOT nice, because it would be like me saying "Australopithecus Bless" For people who don't believe in evolution, that would be offensive.

The problem that you have changed your living location either it was you decision or your parents or grand parents. Thanks to people to open their country to you. When they greeting you with their best wishes , they don't insult you. Otherwise you have to write on your face something to let them know your attitude. That will be problem. We are trying to make Easy to you and consider it is good from them. If you can not accept that, then it is your problem. Either you to adopt this tiny requirement and if you can not then think seriously to return to the atmosphere that suit your.

That offends me, because it basically means that all christians think anyone who isn't christian is wrong. Therefore, i have a right to be offended, because i am NOT wrong, and they need to keep their beliefs to themselves, in their church..

I don't see any insult if I say that Christian were ordered to bless even the enemies.

You have feelings about their religion, like I do about christianity. I don't agree with their beliefs, because they aren't my own, but what if they are right...? You are offending millions, yourself with saying they are wrong, so you are just a hypocrite.

There is difference between offending and diferentiate yourself and saying why you don't believe in religions believes in human or animals or sun as God.

Religion is evil. Everyone thinks their religion is better then someone elses, and it isn't.

There is not bads that everyone think that his/her relegion is better than [not then] someone else. Otherwise why he/she contininue in this religion