xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CarlU

What's Your Blood, Ancestry, Heritage Etc

my dad is english, I suppose there could be some welsh ect but all I know is that he's got english forefathers. My mum is celtic; my maternal grandfather is irish I think with some presumed spanish (from when spain occupied parts of ireland), my maternal grandmather being generic gaelo-celtic.

my family has lived in australia for several generations, though I was born on the isle of man (a self governing crown dependent isle, located in the irish sea) when my parents were holidaying there. Unfortunately I don't have dual citizenship./txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley6.Gif

Im 101% chinese in the hot hot philippines! I think we came from Fujuan or Xiamen before the big civil war broke out there..West divided our land caused us hardship thats what my granpa told me. :)Anyway does race still matter? A lot of people seems to migrate and immigrate this days..

Edited by kerco (see edit history)

Oh for me this is a hard question... lets seeI'm 12.5% Spanish, 25% French, 6.25% Chinese, 3.125% Slovak, 3.125% Italian, 3.125% British, 1.55125% Black, 1.55125% German, 3.125% Irish, 3.125% Greek, 12.5% Kiwi, 12.5% Japanese and 12.5% Russian!

the irish are not celts/No DNA has ever been found in ireland of the celtsWhat's Your Blood, Ancestry, Heritage Etc

who on earth said Spain occupied ireland ? what the Fek , they have NEVER occupied Ireland , the first people to come to ireland 10,000 yrs ago were the basque people , only 1 in 4 males in ireland carry the original DNA , 97% of those are in the far west and the majority are in Donegal.<p>All you people bang on how you have irish blood, you don't , you have an ancestor that came to ireland and had a child , but that doesnt make the bloodline irish, people were in England 680,000 yrs before we had any persons on this island.</p><p> Unless you can actually prove you have Basque DNA then you havent actually got irish blood. Only males can actually trace through the Y cromozone

Also the Irish are not I repeat not celts as first thought, celts are just 3000 yrs the irish are 10,000 yrs and to date no DNA trace has been found in ireland of the celts.

-reply by Daithi