xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
harjeetk

Google.com Cookie!

to be honest if google employed a huge team of psychologists they could build up a detailed profile of the population of the world just from the searches we do on the net! the amount of clicks on their ads and the searches they good give them so much data, they could probably sell it off as market research to firms everywhere. And we all let go of our secrets online so google knows a lot about us thats for sure!

Google has a lot of data, but what do you think of Microsoft? They got hotmail, microsoft network messenger, and ads as well. I think it's natural for a company to have limited information of its customers for marketing purposes

That is quite an interesting point, in fact, a long time now that i have been thinking about it sometimes, i mean, the one that gets his hands on all the google collected information, it will know more then God himself, and that gives me the creps.Anyway, and it is possible, and perhaps even inevitable, the Cracker who cracks the google system, will make a couple of euros with that information, and perhaps google already did, how can we be sure google doesn't sell our secrets, our online behavior, how can we really trust google judgement, hot can we be certain that google will not be a tiran or a dictator like Hitler in the future, no one can say for sure, that we are secure in the hands of google programs, free or pay.I beleave we are not secure, google is the number 1 target for Crackers this days, not even Microsoft is the number 1 now, google is, and it is a matter of time untill someone cracks the whole thing!

It's not like they are able to single one of us out and reveal that information to people who know us. It's pretty difficult to find one user from a huge database of people... most people might even do the same things, so it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

Yes, but it's like saying if you go outside, and ask someone something, you're not safe, because people can find out about you.Think of Google as "public internet". When you type in your search, you are letting Google know what you're doing. If you buy an item at a shop, the shop knows what you buy... It's not different from doing day to day things

People are forgeting that google is not only the best and most used search engine, which in my opinion, is already enough, but, it has much more to take information from everyone, namely:Gmailfrooglegoogle checkoutgoogle blogs - bloggerand so on, they have a complete network of sites with free and pay services and programs and scripts and ebooks ... ... ... .

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

google knows a lot. they are like pshycics. soooooooo much data has been given to them. The cookie is safe. I mean come on. its google lol. who doesnt trust google? who hasnt heard of google! lol.

Google has an huge amount of information about us, the problem is this information is useless, as they cannot match a set of information with a person. It also fails if more than one person uses the computer, as you get two bits of information differing widely.It is a bit like a shop, when you buy an item, or walk into the shop, the shopkeeper will remember you and what you have bought. Tesco and other big supermarkets are building up databases on what specific customers buy, so I don't think Google is hugely different, apart from what they do with the information.