xisto Community
contor

What Bittorrent Downloader Do You Recommend

I use utorrent. It's great. and it's very small and it use less memory to run. I have tried bitorent and bitcomet. Bitcomet was good but slow down my computer a bit but utorrent offers all the good features so i use it.

I have used Bittorrent , Azureus and Utorrent so far ... Well, here is a small review from my experience...Azureus : It is the best out of the three i have used. Thats because , i got better download speeds in azureus than what i got in the other two .. But it drained my system resources a bit... So thats an issue if we use computers with minimal hardware... It also needs java platform to run on.. Bittorrent : Though i have it installed , i dont use it that often.. Only when i find something wrong with my Azureus, and utorrent ,do i switch over to bittorrent.. It does not need the java platform .. And it is more reliable than azureus i guess...Utorrent : The most fascinating thing about utorrent is its "lightweight" feature.. The standalone is about 120 Kb only.. But i didnt find anything exciting as far as the speeds are conerned..

The type of BitTorrent client you use doesn't really matter, it's the torrent that you're using that affects the speed. (And also your ISP of course.)

To reply to what one previous person says, and that no people who say this arent stupid, the bittorrent client can affect your speeds. First of all, not all clients offer advanced features for the user to tweak for their own ISP and router settings which obviously increase your speed. Secondly, if you have a client that hogs resources, your whole computer (which includes your down and up speeds) will suffer proportionally.