xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brautigam

My Warn Levels Too!

Im just inquiring about the warn levels. Ive done a search and none of the top results had anything ABOUT the warn level itself so...yeah I got this from that other gut but just read it.As you can see my warn is raised to 30%. When does or will it ever go down?Thanks.

Edited by brautigam (see edit history)

Well, if you click on the pecentage, it says why you were warned. My went down in about a week. If you just do the right thing and follow the rules, it will come down.

As you can see my warn is raised to 30%.

members cannot see this, only mods and admins... and the way to get rid of it is to correct yourself in the area's you were warned in, and after a while, if the mods think you have done a good job, they will lower your warning level. but until then, there is really nothing yu can do but do the right thing instead of breaking the rules again/

I am suprised you got warned, you struck me as one of the better members. Maybe I missed a thread or something. Buffalo & myself had a disagreement one night through pm, & he could have quite easily warned me as I admit I was probably out of order, & would have accepted a warning that night. He didnt, & my respect for him has gone up by quite a huge amount.As for your question, do you know which particular mod warned you? It may be wise to have a word & sort out any differences you have.

Edited by Mjay06 (see edit history)

Search your posts, maybe you will find the areas in which you screwed up. Moderators don't warn you unless it's necessary so I'm sure you violated TOS at some point recently. Like everyone has said, increase your reputation and good posting and continue it and your problems will slowly go away.

members cannot see this, only mods and admins... and the way to get rid of it is to correct yourself in the area's you were warned in, and after a while, if the mods think you have done a good job, they will lower your warning level. but until then, there is really nothing yu can do but do the right thing instead of breaking the rules again/

The only time I ever "screwed up" (if you want to call it) is in my first post when I copied and pasted some article and put quotes around it like this "words in the thing." I didn't know where the actualy quote button was so I thought that would be fine. Not according to a very po'd staff member though, he leftt me with a 20% warning level and a suspension for 3 days. Pretty stupid eh? And that was back in the summer and I STILL haven't had the warning taken away.

So here are my 3 warns. They say lack of contribution and extreme lack of content. All I was trying to do is help, and in return I get treated as a schmuck.

BuffaloHELP Warned on Yesterday, 05:09 AM Added to warn level Lack of contribution http://forums.xisto.com/topic/41170-game-recommendation-3rd-quarter-2006/

KuBi Warned on Jun 25 2006, 09:07 PM Added to warn level http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?shoc=38243=

Copied from: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

EXTREME LACK OF CONTENT IN POSTS

Posting suspended for 3 days KuBi Warned on Jun 25 2006, 09:05 PM Added to warn level http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?shoc=29287=

Copied from: https://www.cnet.com/topics/home-entertainment/

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Always QUOTE words what are not your own. Little slip-ups like this will cost you a raise in warning. Review our forum rules once again.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Braut;All members at Xisto are treated the same. We all have to follow the rules, yes, even the moderators.No matter who you are, how new you are, you should have read the TOS before you registed. We take our TOS VERY seriously at Xisto because of the service we offer and because we're striving to be a mature community.It clearly states in the TOS to quote copied material, contribute more then a few words in a post.Your posts are reviewed a few weeks after the warning is issued, if we see your progress acceptionally improved, we lower the warning. There are many members to check up on, and if we don't see posts from the member, what do we judge?The warning from Buffalo was deserved.All the content was copied, and none of it was wrapped in quote tags. That breaches 2 violations of the TOS; lack of content, and coping material without quotes.The other 2 I couldn't get to, but from mine, copied material without quotes, and more lack of content. I'll review your posts and consider lowering your warn level.