xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JasperIk

I Like Someone Else and i have a boyfriend

I would say figure out who you want to be with more and if its worth the risk of losing your current mate then go for it. But before you do that make sure you are certain that you do want to be with them and its not just a temporary feeling. Try and think about your current partners feelings too not just your own. You owe them the truth and the longer you keep this a secret the longer your relationship will suffer. If its not working out then end it and stop wasting other peoples time. Being with someone and having stronger feelings for another person is just wrong and unfair to your partner.

Mmmmm gotta love young love ey? Anyways, what I would do (if i was in this situation, and im going out with a girl, etc etc) I would definatly go up to your boyfriend and say you just want to be friends, and that you like somebody else now, and it wouldn't be fair to go out with you anymore because I like this other guy. No matter how you do it, it'll hurt him, I'm definatly not gonna lie. However, if you say it this way, half of the guys will definatly stay friends with you even if you were going out with him before, itll take a couple weeks, or months, but itll happen better then saying its over. Also, tell your friend you like this this way AFTER you break up with your boyfriend, we don't wanna look like a little....if you know what I mean do we? So ya, basically, thats the best way to handle it. If you stay going out with your boyfriend you WILL regret it

I think you should try and find out if your friend feels the same way about you then if he does you could maybe just break up with your boyfreind or you could talk about it with your boyfreind and explain to him that you have feelings for someone else, and that when your around that other person you feel happy and when your around him you dont feel that way. if a girl was to break up with me that would be the way i would want them to.

Yeah I'm in the same situation well I would just follow your heart and and I no your prolly confused and don't no what to do but well I would prolly choose which one that made me laugh and which one makes me happy...-reply by lexas

replying to jasperIk

I Like Someone Else

I'm in the exact same situation too. I hate it. I have no idea what to do I've read the other advise and I tell you what I don't know how to break it to my boyfriend. Good Luck :(

LM-x

-reply by LM-x

I'm in the same situation right now too.I just don't know what to do!I've only been with my bf for 1 month, I know its not long. & I've never had a bf b4 so this is my 1st one.But I also really like my guy best friend, I've known him since 7th grade.I've told him I've liked him b4 but idk he says he doesnt. But his signs say diffrently.I don't know what to do. I told my bf about how I used to like my guy friend though.Should I dump my bf and be single again?Or what? Please let me know, I've been reading stuff like this and I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, but I know what I should do...But like almost every one in here I can't make a desision. -reply by lucky?

Omg. you're in a dilemma.If you love your boyfriend, You should explain to him.Altho he will get angry with you,assure him that you still love him.tell him that you will get over your friend.spent more time with your boyfriend.if you think that you like your friend more,then tell your friend.if he rejects you, you still fall on to your boyfriend.get this straight into your head.just be faithful to your boyfriend.

I have been in a relationship with a wonderful guy for the past 2 years & 4 months now. We've had our ups & downs, but always have worked through them without ever breaking up to do so. I know he loves me, & I love him.. But things have been rocky between us lately. We're attending different colleges at the moment & also both have jobs, so we barely have any time to see each other.. But we've made it work so far.The dilemma comes in with a guy I've met away at school.He's not the typical guy I'd be interested in. I usually goFor the quiet guys to mirror my own personality, but there'sSomething about his vibrant, outgoing spirit that makes me feelSo happy when I'm around him. It would be one thing if I just hadA crush that he wasn't aware of, but he likes me... A lot. He's alwaysTexting me & talking to me in class. We go to lunch together during theWeek sometimes, & I feel horrible for looking forward to spending time With him during the week! It's gotten to the point where we talk on thePhone on the weekends when I'm not working or with my boyfriend.. & heSays that if I broke up with my boyfriend I wouldn't regret it.. But IJust don't know!I'm a very cautious person; I don't just jump into uncharted waters,But there's something about this guy that makes me feel like I shouldLive a little & see what else is out there.I love my boyfriend, I really do. He treats me like a princess, &I'm scared that if I let him go he won't take me back & I'll regret it.I have NO reason to want anyone else, but here I am.. Crying out forSomeone to help me with this situation.Please, any advice will be greatly appreciated!-reply by Confused_in_Carolina

I like someone.. who

I Like Someone Else

I have been in a relationship with a wonderful guy for the past

2 years & 4 months now. We've had our ups & downs, but always have

Worked through them without ever breaking up to do so. I know he loves

Me, & I love him.. But things have been rocky between us lately. We're

Attending different colleges at the moment & also both have jobs, so we

Barely have any time to see each other.. But we've made it work so far.

The dilemma comes in with a guy I've met away at school.

He's not the typical guy I'd be interested in. I usually go

For the quiet guys to mirror my own personality, but there's

Something about his vibrant, outgoing spirit that makes me feel

So happy when I'm around him. It would be one thing if I just had

A crush that he wasn't aware of, but he likes me... A lot. He's always

Texting me & talking to me in class. We go to lunch together during the

Week sometimes, & I feel horrible for looking forward to spending time

With him during the week! It's gotten to the point where we talk on the

Phone on the weekends when I'm not working or with my boyfriend.. & he

Says that if I broke up with my boyfriend I wouldn't regret it.. But I

Just don't know!

I'm a very cautious person; I don't just jump into uncharted waters,

But there's something about this guy that makes me feel like I should

Live a little & see what else is out there.

I love my boyfriend, I really do. He treats me like a princess, &

I'm scared that if I let him go he won't take me back & I'll regret it.

I have NO reason to want anyone else, but here I am.. Crying out for

Someone to help me with this situation.

Please, any advice will be greatly appreciated!

-reply by Confused_in_Carolina

I know how you feel. Its like when your with your boyfriend your happy at the time and really care for him but in the back of your head your thinking about the other guy. Ive liked my friend who Ive worked with for quite awhile and now hes single and I'm not. When I'm with him he makes me happy and I get this feeing deep down inside.I feel bad for liking him and I don't want to loose what I have with my boyfriend, but at the same time I just don't get that spark like I do when I'm with my friend.I think its the feeling that you know you cant like him that attracts you to him more. One hes your friend and you don't want to cause any problems between you and two you don't want to hurt your boyfriend.At the end of the day youve got to folow your heart. Think t it from another point of view and not your own. Are you willing to throw away what you have with your boyfriend? What if you loose your friend? But on the other hand if you don't take a chance you will never know. I'm sure you will make the right decision just don't rush into things. X-reply by Jess_x

same here!

I Like Someone Else

I've been going out with my boyfriend for almost two years, and I've always said to myself that he's not the kind of person I would want to spend the rest of my life with.

But we have a good time, (we dance together so we have that in common) and I'm a senior in high school, so I feel like I should wait until I go to college to break up with him.

On the other hand, I really really like this guy in school. Although we don't share my favorite hobby (dance) in common, I could see myself spending the rest of my life with someone like him. I just don't think my relationship would work out with him right now because I don't think I would have enough time to hang out with him outside of dance.

Anyway, he has this beautiful girlfriend from Ecuador lol and I'm extremellllly jealous.

I feel like if there is a God, there will be some day when both of us will break up with our significant others and get together and live happily ever-after.

It greatly upsets me right now, however, that we make such great friends, but I don't want to be only his friend, and I have a feeling he feels the same way about me.

Life isn't FAIR.

I'm sorry I didn't give you any answers! the truth is I googled this question because I'm looking for answers myself! lol

Just letting you know there are tonnnnsss of people out there in the same boat as you!

Good luck

-reply by apricorn

OpinionI Like Someone Else

I don't see alot of this advice as usefull. Its seems as though all the people giving the advice here are all about the same age and have similar levels of experience. So in theory its the blind leading the blind. To get good solid advice that will actually help I think that you need to talk to someone older, not just a year or two older either. Parents can be a good point of contact, I know my dad was very helpful coz he had been in the same situation as I am in at the moment and so he had done it and was in a position to look back and see it for what it truely was.

But yeah, not having a go at anyone, just I feel I peronaly would want to talk to people that have not only gone through it, but have also had enough time to pass to look at in the way that my younger mind is unable to

-reply by Prim8

I recently started going out with this guy, Robbie. We had been friends for a few months and slowly we started spending more and more time together. Then he asked me out and I said yes.We enjoy spending time together and I like being with him, but I really don't think I like him all that much. We're both at university, but I live in an other country and I'm justStudying abroad at this uni for a year. I will have to leave and goBack in a few months time. He really really likes me and wants to be together after I leave, but I'm not so sure that will work.

The other thing that makes this even more complicated is that before I left to study abroad, I had a crush on this guy back home, Trey. I knew that Trey wasn't at that moment interested in me as anything more than a friend, but I felt like given time, things could develop between us. When I got together with Robbie, I asked Trey how he felt about me, because I did not want to be with Luke if things could happen between Trey and me. Trey said he liked me as a friend, because he wasn't thinking of dating rigth now. He also said that in a few months or a year, things could change if he felt like dating then.

Basically, I feel like I like Trey a lot and want to be with him, but rigth now he's not ready for that, while with Robbie who's been an absolute sweetheart to me, I don't really feel a spark even though he does everything right and really could be the perfect boyfriend, if only I liked him back as much as he likes me.

I don't know what to do. Is a spark all that important? Am I just too hung up on Trey to make things work with Robbie? or is that I'm not meant to be with Robbie anyway? I really don't want to let a great guy go, but if I don't feel strongly about him, is it worth staying with him?

-question by Callie

a very similar situation..I Like Someone Else
I know I'm only young, but this situation has occurred for me too. It's none of this getting married stuff, but Jake, a friend of mine recentely asked me out and he is so so nice to me, and has wanted to go out for ages. I wasn't too sure, but I decided I'd take a chance. The problem is that I have another person in the back of my mind, Sam, which is why I was searching for this question on Google. Sam says he really really likes me, but he is a family friend and is related to one of my very very close friends. We both know and have discusssed that it just cant happen and is too difficult. On one hand I feel like I'm cheating on Jake by having this person in the back of my mind and its extremely unfair, I even had a dream about the other person last night, but on the other hand I know Jake will treat me well and I can at least take a chance after everything his done. We talk all the time and not going out with him would be just as unfair. I figure I should just take the chance and try and make it work. If it ends up I just cant do it, even though I still cant be with Sam either, I at least know that I've tried and maybe when we're older things will work out differently. Maybe writing this is just making me feel better about the whole thing, but hopefully it might help some other people out too. And considering other responses, I'm not just going out with him because I want a boyfriend, I really wouldnt mind not having one, I just think it's worth a go, and with everything thats happened and how much we've talked, the least I can do is give it a try. Ive never written on one of these sites before but any support or disagreements please post!
-reply by Anonymous

The same here, There was this guy last year in my math class and we became friends over the school year and on the last day of school he kissed me. I had liked him and he had came over my house and parents was not so fond of him. Then we kinda lost touch because I went to Australia for the summer, when I came back, my other friend asked me out and I said yes. Now that the new school year has started, the guy in my math class last year is now in my ap class. Seeing him on the first day brought back so many feelings for him again and I feel like I'm not being fair to my boyfriend. That day after class he said to me "did you miss me, and I said yes I did". I don't know, but there is something about him that makes it feel so right. I'm in so many activties in school, I have no time for my boyfriend. I'm so confused