xisto Community
husker

Will God Destroy The World?

i am sure that if god is allmighty wise and awesome and loves all of us then he wont destroy and kill us all. The fact that god will kill all unworthy is there to scare and manipulate people. lol

responseWill God Destroy The World?Replying to savge17What right have you to say what God can and cannot do.I think you better rethink your position. We only have a limited intelligence so we cant imagine the infinite possibilities of what he can do. What makes you think that if he can create something from nothing that he cannot destroy it and make it disappear altogether?-reply by silver hawk

I believe he will. I'm guessing were not discussing the fact that he exist so... I believe human kind is rapidly losing their spirituality and destroying each other God must be sad to see humans causing each other so much pain. Not only on a global basis but on a small scale think about high school how certain groups exclude each other think about how different ethnic groups are split up. Think how furious God must be at the atheist that deny his existence (Their creator). More and more people are turning away from him. God wanted humans to bring glory to him but they our disrespecting him think to the testaments thou is not to disrespect their parents (something along those lines). Who is our celestial parent God.

Not only that people our doubting what HE can do and limiting their minds to one dimension. He may just say enough is enough and finish us off. Or someother celestial being may come and God may just allow him to do it. We often forget that we were not the first beings he created nor the second most powerfull so how would angels feel about humanity getting the glory especially now. Humans may be intelligent but compared to celesstial beings we have the spiritual intelligence of a infant. 

I'm just a 10th grader so I'm interested to here what youll older people have to say about this. (assuming most people on here is older then me).  

-reply by Michael

Destruction is a form of creation, however it is stated that stars wil start to fall, what if they were talking bout movie stars n people like that ? Anyways Revelations is too ambigous to be interperted by anything. Its like saying that the battle between good a evil happens between the Jewish and the Islamic faith.

No I don't think so. There is no reason GOD will destroy the beautiful creation called Earth or the universe and all living and non-living that lives in the Cosmos. How can one think of destroying the beautiful creation as this Earth or the universe.No wonder humans will one day be eradicated from this earth and will wonder like nomads in the universe until each dies of its extreme punishment. Don't you think that the humans are doing most damage to the Earth and creating more danger than GOD will. Now consider this option when you realize that we the humans are going extreme to get the luxuries and desires fulfilled at the expense of the nature and the environment. A day will come when the greed will surpass the limit of this earth and the creation of such a beautiful earth will become an ugly face. No wonder this will bring the end of the earth and all beings here and humans are the ones responsible for that.

Edited by buxgoddess (see edit history)

sure he will. don't you know that the best thing about creating something is the ability to destroy it? i'm sure the god created everything just so he CAN destory it. come on people. don't be stupid!

Does anyone think that this could be possible or will happen?

God has the power to build a world (if you believe that) then I'm sure he can destroy. One day, if there is so much agony and pain in the world, would he just blow it up? Although I do not believe he would, I must think it's a possibility. Or maybe instead of destroying the world, he will make a person that could fix it? Does anyone think that this could be possible or will happen?

the one thing that we should never forget that god himself has created the world and he will never think of destroying the world as he loves the world and its creatures..we should never forget that we ourselves are destroying the blessings of god.god has given sufficient for the need not for greed....

I don't really think that some guy named god could have the power to make OR destroy the earth However, i do think it's possible that whatever it was that did create the earth may be the very thing that destroys it.

God was and still is a powerfull God. and nature even my very own life,is prove enough for me that he is real, But just for a moment lets say he is not real... can evolution explain itself in every aspect? can it give hope? can it give peace of mind or a cause worth fighting for? now lets imagin that God is real, thousands of people hold on to there lives every day on a simple word of hope. The bible writtin by prophets inspired by God. how can a man made book, be so right, hopful, and have to many truths to it? the bible stars with "In The Biginning God created"and it also shows the story of how the devil distroyed with humanity the perfict world God made by bringing wickedness into the earth. ( read the bible Genesis chapter 1 to chapter 3) from the start you'll see that God created and the devil distroyed. that does not mean the devil will distroy this world, and it does not mean he is stronger then God, it just means that what the devil brought into the world(sin/wickedness) is what will distroy the earth. we are corruped humans, and it is our natural tendensy to do evil, such as lie, think evil thoughts, hate, and stuff like that, that lead into fight, crimes, and other stuff... also the pollution that distroys the earth everyday, it is this evil sin that distroys us and the world. Now Gods natural tendansy is mercy, but he can not tolerate evil, that is something that by his law must be distroyed, not the earth or us.so throught the worlds history God is doing his best to get as many people to turn away from sin, and he is having mercy on this world. he is all powerful but he did not make humans robots, he gave them a choice, to turn to God or continue doing evil. so at the end when this earth becomes so corruped he is going to distroy wickedness and sin and save those who have trusted in him and believed in him and turned away from sin. so if you hold on to your evil ways the God will have no choice to distroy you and this evil earth along with it. i just wrote this from the top of my head so if you have any questions start reading the bible, it explians everything you need to know... some parts are confusing but with a little resurch it should be alright. =)

I have spent 38 years studing the bible, and when i first started i thought it was crap.but now i see much more, i see math, science, hitory, language and all sorts of stuff. i have looked and surched and not one thing the bible says can be contridicted, its history is exact... and much more, so when some parts of the bible are foggy and not clear, thats when studing it comes in handy, to match scripture with scripture, book with book and text with text, to see the whole picture you can just look at it through a peephole you have to look at it fully and clearly. so lets start with this: the bible... This is the world that God created in the beginning and later destroyed by flood (2Pe 3:4, Gen 1).This is the world that has existed since the great flood and will one day be destroyed by fire at the second coming (2Pe 3:7)We read in Isaiah of the stretching forth the heavens and laying the foundations of the earth (Isa 40:22, 42:5, 45:12). The AD70 doctrine does not treat this as symbolic language. Here the term "heavens and earth" is accepted to mean the world that God created for mankind to dwell in. We note, moreover, that the AD70 doctrine rightly accepts these passages as literal, notwithstanding that there are verses in Isaiah about the heavens and the earth, even its founding and planting, that are poetic and figurative (Isa 44:23-24, 51:15-17). In other passages from Isaiah we read of the vanishing of the heavens and the removal of the earth from its place (Isa 13:9-13, 34:1-4, 51:4-8). These passages at once address particular nations and all nations, and make it clear that they are speaking about the whole world. There is no case for making the heavens and earth in these destruction passages any different to the heavens and earth in the creation passages. Whilst the oracles of Isaiah forsee the judgment, fall, and destruction of particular nations, they also look beyond that to the general and final destruction which will come upon all nations when the whole world under the heavens and on the earth is destroyed. Also in Isaiah we are told of the creation of a new heavens and a new earth . This is also referred to as the new Jerusalem (cf Rev 21:1-2). It is a habitation into which shall be gathered people from all nations (Isa 65:17-19, 66:19-22). Isaiah tells us that God who made the heavens and earth, will also destroy the heavens and earth. He has brought destruction upon many wicked peoples, and will continue to do so. One day, however, he will bring destruction upon the whole world and banish every evil person from his sight. Those who are righteous will enter a new heavens and new earth where there will be no evil. This joyous world will last forever.Peter speaks as Isaiah speaks. His message is the same. It is "the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Saviour spoken by your apostles" (2Pe 3:2). Isaiah was one of those prophets. Peter was one of those apostles. Their words are prophetic, powerful, and plain. Today they warn us as with one voice. A day is coming when planet Earth will be destroyed by intense fire and the day of eternity will see a new world. But only those who conduct themselves in the fear of God and surrender themselves to his grace shall enter in.This new world is what Peter calls "the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" (2Pe 1:11), and what our Lord himself referred to when he said, "I go to prepare a place for you" (Jhn 14:1-3).so yea thats just a quick summery of your questions :D

I have spent 38 years studing the bible, and when i first started i thought it was crap. but now i see much more, i see math, science, hitory, language and all sorts of stuff. i have looked and surched and not one thing the bible says can be contridicted, its history is exact

In that case you need to do a LOT more study.

The idea that the historicity of the bible is exact is laughable.

Here's an example off the top of my head that show this claim to be nonsense - I can produce a long list of contradictions and errors with a bit of time to research it).

The birth of Jesus.

So, what do the Gospels say about this most basic question?

Matthew and Luke say he was born in Bethlehem.(in order to fullfil some 'prophecies' from the OT). In order to get him there, Luke invents a census.

And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. 2 This census first took place while Quirinius was governing Syria. 3 So all went to be registered' date=' everyone to his own city.[/quote']We know that Quirinius was governor of Syria twice - 4-6 CE and 6-9 CE. There was no census during his first term, so Luke must mean his second term - between 6 and 9 CE.

No Roman census EVER required ANYONE to travel to their 'own city'. The idea is nonsense - just think about it for a moment. Roman censuses were conducted exactly as we do them today - you fill in the census where you live at the time. So there is the first lie.

But it now gets worse.

Look at what Matthew says:

Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king' date=' behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, [/quote']But this is impossible. Herod died 4BCE - ten years earlier.

Since you claim that the history of the bible is 'exact' then please explain that one away.....:-)

God was and still is a powerfull God.and nature even my very own life,is prove enough for me that he is real, But just for a moment lets say he is not real... can evolution explain itself in every aspect? can it give hope? can it give peace of mind or a cause worth fighting for?

Errr..I think you are confused. Evolution is not the alternative to God existing. Most Christians, for example, accept the theory of evolution.Why should a scientific fact give hope, peace of mind or a cause worth fighting for? and why do you think that those things have anything to do with truth? If something does not give you peace of mind do you think that it must be false?
Strange reasoning.....