xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
michaelper22

Suggestions For Trap17 Account Management Center

I know that my suggestions are purely unnecessary, they may improve the image of the Hosting account Center (all of the pages under https://support.xisto.com/). I thought that a few changes could be made to the design and function of those pages:
-Provide a login common to all pages - instead of typing your username and password at each task page, have users log in upon the access of https://support.xisto.com/, and present a task list.
-Beautify the pages a wee bit - add a bit of layout, and add some design elements - even just a banner similar to the one at the forums will do.
These are just recommendations - the current interface is not "broken", it's jst not the best I feel it could be. But then again, that's just my opinion.

I do agree with the log in thing but you know if someone gets on your computer and you are already logged in on the Xisto site they could go in and do stuff with your account but then again that wouldn't be too likely. They could do anything if you have the remember password option on. It is more secure the way they do it now though although maybe a pain but I have it remember my information so I don't have to enter it anyway. The design could use some work but you know it isn't really necessary like you already said. Maybe OpaQue could hold a contest or something and whoever makes the best design for the process page will win some credits or something like that. Good ideas though.

Opaque is away on personal matter at the moment. I don't really believe the Proccess page needs to be beautified in any way. I've been here over a year and I almost never need to use it, so it isn't really nessicary.The reason it makes you login every single page you visit is because it's the center of all the Xisto parts, Xisto.com isn't the only place that uses it. The other Xisto related pages use it also.All members suggestions are valued, even yours. So keep suggesting! :D

I think the interface ove there at present is more than enough. The process page is hardly used. We use it only once in a while. And even i think too much of graphics could spoil things up. Say someone is working with a low bandwith . During the process of sign up he or she might get stuck up during the sign up process with the page taking too long to load . And that 's the way sign ups are not meant to be. One would definitely favour a fast and easy processing . So my suggestion is to keep the current interface as such . And its not that bad either !!!!

I think the interface ove there at present is more than enough. The process page is hardly used. We use it only once in a while. And even i think too much of graphics could spoil things up.
Say someone is working with a low bandwith . During the process of sign up he or she might get stuck up during the sign up process with the page taking too long to load . And that 's the way sign ups are not meant to be. One would definitely favour a fast and easy processing . So my suggestion is to keep the current interface as such . And its not that bad either !!!!

Let me describe my suggested change.
1. The Xisto header can remain as is. It's a low-bandwidth-friendly design element.
2. On theleft side of the page, there should be a simple menu of all the tasks that can be accomplished. It doesn't have to have fancy rollover effects; just a simple list of links.
3. Sign in page - when you go to https://support.xisto.com/, you should see a sign in form for the whole site there, instead of requesting the username and password at each individual task page. A sign out link would be included on each page, and cookies/sessions would be used to track signins.

We only ever see the process page one or two times do we? When i was setting up my Xisto account i didnt especially look at what the background was. I think its fine as it is.

I was working on this project and its 30% complete already. its only because of some personal problems that it has been suspended at the moment. i will look over it and finish it as soon as possible.Thanks