xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
red_dragon_here

Useless Topics. Message To Trap17 Admins.

I was just going through the last 30 topics created. Most of the topics were not even worth viewing forget about replying. Why cant we have some meaningful discussions going on here. Why are people coming here and posting something just for the sake of posting. I am sure that many of the people coming here are having good technical knowledge which they can share with the other members. Why dont we have a question / answer seesion where you can ask doubts technical or otherwise. The person who posts the best answer first gets credits. The person who asked the question can say whether he is satisfied Xisto administrators can moderate. These sort of things will go a long way in establishing the credibility of Xisto forums. Also this will have many more people viewing and actively participating in the forums. As of now, from what I can see its just this.1. Get a Xisto account.2. Do some useless posts to gain credits.3. Get a free hosting account.4. Once in a while do some more useless posts to keep the credits above the required limit.I think the Xisto administrators have to seriously think of some mechanism whereby the quality of the forums can be increased. What do you say ?P.S.I was also guilty of the above practice :D

Edited by red_dragon_here (see edit history)

Why dont we have a question / answer seesion where you can ask doubts technical or otherwise

That is a very good idea. At the moment we do sort of have this kind of thing going in subforums like programming questions are asked in the programming forum although it could be very helpfull to have a whole area dedicated to technical support of all kind like you said.

The person who posts the best answer first gets credits.

Would this mean that all furthers ansers wouldnt gain credits?

If so id have to disagree, i know what you mean though because some people will just repeat an answer thats already posted but word it differently but sometimes a suitable answer is found but sanother member then comes up with an answer that goes slightly beyond the previous one so i think that all answers should gain credits although posters who repeat answers should not get credits or should be warned.

I think that this suggestions could and should lead to something like the experts exchange where people unsure abut technical things especially programming could ask questions. Only here on T17 it would be free and avaliable to all Forum members.
Edited by shadowx (see edit history)

lol the live and forum dont only are with serios topics there sometimes need some off topics for relaxation and fun.. Of course I think Xisto is based on free webhost and that atracts lots of people (good stuff in packages) and if there is more people the better for thous who advertise here I think.. and you cant control so many people and make them do what you want there always will be someone who wont obey the rules.. thats the life instinct everyone is for him self no mater where.. So I think this idea aint so good but it makes people to think a bit what to post or...

Many people do share their knowledge by answering various questions. Most of the sections of the forum have a support area or an area to ask questions. If there isn't one, there is nothing to stop you asking a question in the relevant forums.There is a large problem with the idea of the best answers being awarded more credits. The moderators here at the Trap spend an awful lot of their time going through posts, moving them, correcting them etc. Adding the burden of having to go through every post with a question and manually edit the credits of users who post the best answers, i fear, would just be too much work.Simply, if you see posts which do not comply to the TOS and rules, use the report button to inform the moderators. The admins ultimately decide whether someone is eligible for hosting, and people who write useless posts just don't receive their hosting.

if you want to make usefull topics, why not go around and post usefull topics yourself... let other people do what they are doing by posting bs posts and be one of the elite few who post meaning ful posts :Das for your ideal people can post questions about PHP in the PHP section, people who have questions about HTML, C++, java script can post in the designated areas for those topics, if they have questions about softwear they can post in the softwear section.... they can also post their knowledge in those areas....and what do you mean give the first person to answer well credits? that wouldn't seem fair to me just for one person to get the credits because they were on and were able to answer first...

I am sure that many of the people coming here are having good technical knowledge which they can share with the other members. Why dont we have a question / answer seesion where you can ask doubts technical or otherwise.

You are right there are many people with good technical knowledge and infact they share there knowledge with others too. I think you have not gone through all the sections here.

Go to Tutorials, What Is...? and Technology for good Techie stuff. Then their is Programming Language section to solve all your querries.

The people in this forum are very helpful and talented, if you want to test them, just post your querry and check after 30 min you will definately get one or two reply. Infact, I have got my query solved in less than 30 min by Tsunami, you can check here, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well, I don't know what to tell you. This is a forum, and this is how forums work. All that "useless" stuff... that's exactly what you do in a forum and it's almost comical that you think the admins should improve the forum considering this is the perfect way a forum is managed, handled, run.