xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lurk

Need Free Ftp Client

I use a combination of two. SmartFTP is really good and free for individual use. I also use the FTP client inside PHP designer, which I just recently discovered. It's fast, and I like it. It's also free, for individual use or otherwise.

i use fetch really one of the best for the mac. although since i upgraded it's started corrupting image files which it's never done before. Something to do with making sure that the file format is really set before uploading and downloading. Before I was just able to set it on auto and everything was ok. Not sure if anyone else has started having the same problem. round

terminal ftp command on Mac OSX. Only because i couldn't be bothered finding an ftp client for OSX and i now know enough unix commands to get around - and you can't do a chmod 0600 * so easily in a GUI environment.round : are you in binary mode? I imagine images don't like being sent as ASCII very much.

I just use the one that's built into cPanel. I guess I'm just lazy :P

umm...CuteFtp is the best loader manage tool i have used.it is convenient and powerful to manage anything you want to do for your website,the window of cuteftp is simple,easy to master.

Well I use Internet Explorer to access FTP as it is one of the simplest FTP softwares available and that is the only place where I use Ineternet explorer and as others have also mentioned that they use Net2Ftp for accessing the ftp when they are away from home..Cpanel browser upload is also good but it not that advance as Net2Ftp.