xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

Does Trap17 keep back-ups of my MySQL Databases?

ok, well i screwed upyes i admit it i screwed up big time...anywho, umm i was wondering is Xisto kept back-ups of the MySQL Databases??? and if they do would it be possible for me to get a copy of the backup for my forums sent to me somehow?because stupid me, i was re-installing my forums, and went to make a backup of my MySQL database jsut in case, and selected all and hit make backup, and well it only made a backup of only one of the databses, so right now i am without the many posts i had ten minutes agoso if you so keep backups thats awsome!! youve saved my *bottom*, but if you dont hehe i have a bit of work to do -sighs-than

I'm sorry, the only backup that Xisto server admins run is the entire server files--not SQL. Therefore individual SQL backups are responsibility of individual hosting account owner.See if you performed (by accidently) SQL backup by going under cPanel > BackUp. Otherwise, I'm sorry.

Hi dear Albus Dumbledore Some script can Backup your databaseYou can manage this kind of script by Cron jobs at cpanelYou can manage this script to backup your database and store at your hosting every day every hour every week and .....you can use this kind of scriptfor more info search at hotscripts

There is a tool in cPanel dedicated to organizing backups of your account. From the cPanel home page, click the backup icon in the Site Management section. There are a few backup options; you can have it make a backup of your whole site, download backups of individual domains, and, just what you are looking for, individual MySQL databases (see the attachments I posted for descriptions of these option). And all of these backups are zipped up in the .gz format for you to download.

Well I had always been wondering what cron jobs were for, I was going to look it up in the cpanel document but I keep forgeting.

Well I had always been wondering what cron jobs were for, I was going to look it up in the cpanel document but I keep forgeting.

Cron jobs can be used to schedule backup scripts (or just about any script or program for that matter; I'm not a linuxhead so don't quote me on that), but the backup tool in cPanel does the job quickly and easily.I have yet to experiment with domain backups, but I suppose it could hlp you get a quick download of just one part of your site.

thank you everyone for all your help :D unfortunatly i dont back up my databases... i guess i should some day but i guess ill learn the hard waythis topic can be closed thanx again :D