xisto Community
heavensounds

Why Are We Moving Away From The Sun? I think I know the reason..

I actually think that we'll ruin the Earth before the drastic climate change caused by moving away from the sun happens. We're already experiencing effects of global warming in some areas. If you were to ask me, I think the Earth is getting warmer... might reach a climax and turn reeaaally cold sometime after though... we never know.

You know, it's so funny to hear people talk about global warming. Thinking that it is our fault. The hole in the ozone was a big thing back in the day, but guess what, it's getting smaller.Global warming is just an idea that someone thought of one day because one summer was unusually hotter than the last 10. So what. Climates change. And I don't know of a meteorologist yet who can actually brodacast the right weather for tomorrow.Besides the fact that supposedly back in the dino age, the climate was much hotter than it is today. More humidity, and hardly any cold areas. Maybe do to continetal drift, Pangaea being pulled apart, yada yada yada. So the dinosaurs caused their global warming by what? Car emissions, really big farts... what?The point is, that we have only been here on this earth for maybe thousands of years, so how can we say what will happen either 10 million years from now, or what happened 10 million years ago.Why not live in the here and now, and stop worrying about stuff we will never see nor may not have any control over.

Edited by Moolkye (see edit history)

Exactly

Why Are We Moving Away From The Sun?

Replying to heavensounds

This is exactly why planets keep their specific distance. If a planet has an eliptic path around the sun it will increase in current and therefor increase its magnetic field, therefor pulling away from the sun, decreasing its magnetic field.. Etc.

This is why some asteroids are called comets, they have an eliptic path and increases its magnetic field so that we see a tail pointing away from the stronger magnet when it gets close. But gravity still works. Just as a magnet pulls metallic objects on both ends. Magnetic fields pull. And we are constrained by specific gravity. The same force that pulls water to drops, and form geodes in the ground. Condensation.

But all planets are pulling away from eachother. And the universe is expanding. Why? Because the electromagnetic field increases, because matter is created in a strong magnetic field or in the presence of high energies. As Nikola Tesla stated:

"Condensation of the primary substance is going on continuously, this being in a measure proved, for I have established by experiments which admit of no doubt that the sun and other celestial bodies steadily increase in mass and energy and ultimately must explode, reverting to the primary substance."

This is what happens. All planets grow, and will keep growing into suns, red giants etc. Until they explode as supernovas, converting some of the matter into pr�me matter, and some into a plasma state called nebulas.

Forget about the Big Bang.

-reply by Linus Granstr�m

Well we are moveing away from the sun.This is only a super super slow process another fun fact to point out because of our trajectory and our basic inertia we will be moveing faster and faster away from the sun as the years pass.During these years the sun will also decrease in power and will in the end only speed our movement upThis is untill the sun ''dies out'' and turns itself intoo a red giant (suprisingly the giants are not as strong as the smaller stars) and afterwards let itself explode into a supernova or convert itself into black holeif the latter version occurs we dont have to worry crashing into mars but we have to worry about our planet being the size of a box of matches.

The sun will actually shrink to a white dwarf, probably :) As its mass doesn't reach Chandrasekhar's limit, it will not become a black hole. Also, It is not massive enough to blow away in a supernova :)And another thing... when the Sun runs out of Hydrogen and decides to start fusing Helium, it will swell... This swelling alone will suffice to swallow both Mercury and Venus, if not the Earth as well. Anyway, even if the Earth isn't swallowed, temperatures would rise so much that everything in the surface would simply roast to oblivion.

Edited by pedro-kun (see edit history)

If Planets are moving away from the sun are they also moving from each other?Why Are We Moving Away From The Sun?

I have heard it said that our galexy is moving, spreading out at a very slow rate? If this is so, and this is normal process of things, would not at one time the planets have been closer together? And if this is so, then the earth being billions of years old, would not life be impossible at the time it is calculated to have begun as the planets would of been too close together for life to survive.  

-Sue Burton

Replying to Moolkye I am in no means trying to start something here, I just don't agree with one of your statements you said. By your own words, "Why not live in the here and now", Everyone needs to be prepared for their future. While I agree with you to some point, why worry about what you have no control over is true, everyone needs to make sure they attend a church near them and get saved, and try to start living a Christian Life. In my opinion, this living for the here and now is stupid, the world is very bad, and no one has respect for their neighbor, or for anyone else that has a different belief than themselves. Like I said before I'm not talking to you directly, I am just trying to hep anyone an everyone that needs a little help and inspiration nowadays. Give a church near you a try and I promise, you won't regret it. The world could end tomorrow, from all the terrorist who hate people of different races and religions. Then everyone needs to be prepared for their own future, before it's too late.

Well actually I think we are moving away from the sun for a different reason. As the sun gets older, it loses mass, hence forth the gravitational pull on the planets becomes weaker and the planets start moving away from the sun. This is why Red Giants are less likely to have planets orbiting them because they have a weaker gravitational pull.
I don't know if you where talking about the same thing, but this is what I have read in science journals.

This seems reasonable.

3 pages of posts and nobody found the answer. I feel sorry for these people, I really do :)
For the ones that didn't listen that well in class:Centrifugal force

ahah yes the Centrifugal force acts perpendicular to the centripetal force and hence
this force tries to pull each other towards their centers.. i would call it the one of the components
of gravitational forces acting in the inward direction.