xisto Community
adriantc

Why Did The Roman Empire Fall? The reasons for its decline and fall

Haha I once watched this TV show saying that it fall because there was some ingredient they put in the wine containing Pb because it was kept in something Pby(dont know the name of the element sorry) and they stopped reproducing and stuff, kinda creepy.

Interesting post because all of us had only heard about the roman empire but maybe dont know how this great empire maybe the greatest empire of all the human history could fall down after dominate almost all the world. Maybe I have another theories about the fall of the roman empire:
1. There are a lot of evidences of disalignment in the roman army because some generals where thinking in their own interest if the empire falls. A lot of important people of Rome was rewarded in some or another way with the fall of the empire.

2. I have heard another documentaries where say that the emperors ate their food in plumb plates and it is demostrated by the science that the plumb damage the brain functions of thinking and reality and maybe this suspected madness combined with all the vices of the emperors could be one of the reasons of the end of the empire.

3. The barbarians. All civilization have their enemies and actually we can see this in the fight between the capitalism society with the comunism or almost comunist countries like Rusia. The main feature of this people who is against the developed civilization in all the human history is their perseverance generation by generation and the incredible hate that they can develop against the dominating civilization. The barbarians had defeat by defeat in almost a millenium but they never surrender and at the end they had their victory.

4. The empire system. I am totally agree with all my friends that maybe this type of government was useless to contain all the problems that Rome had in those times. Maybe a little democracy or a capable dictator could contain all this problems but the hereditary system was completely useless.

5. Cristianity. I am cristian but I have to admit that all the religions had some type of danger to the human develop because all we know the history of heaven and SION but we all are here in the earth and we have to do something with our lives and the cristianity maybe make the people lazy and the people dont have any type of superation spirit in their lives, they only are waiting for the dead and that is not correct. We can be religious but no lazy.

At the end I think that all the empires had to fall some day but it´s incredible how some great empires like the roman empire fell down when I imagine that it those days maybe that´s looked imposible.

Great topic and bye.

I have to start by saying "please don't spell Christian wrong." Christianity is the name of the religion because it deals directly with Christ. I apologize if this offends you but I can't stand people who claim to be part of a religion and don't even know how to spell the name of their main savior correctly. It shows you don't care enough about the religion and just make false claims. Others may claim otherwise but in religions it's one thing I can't tolerate. It irritates me beyond belief. It's like not knowing how to spell your parents' names right, or your own for that matter.

Other than that, I liked the rest of your post. It has some interesting information in it!
Edited by rpgsearcherz (see edit history)

Hello,My college professor asked us if we agree or disagree with this phrase. "Caesar killed the Republic" He said to explain why we agree or disagree. Im having a hard time figuring this out and I was wondering if you guys could help since you know a lot about this topic. Thank You

That's really informing. Thank you for that.

Just a thought, it might be the case when an empire grows bigger to the extend it gets out of control, then it falls.

From the little history that I know:

the fall of Abbasid empire

the fall of Ottoman empire

the fall of British empire