xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alexviii

Short Lived Compters - Same Problems rhetoric question?

uffffffffff only one question: Why all my computers stop to work after not more than 6 months??? all the time it is the same history: starting with memory problems, that it start to shout down it self alone, and finaly it is unusable... :P:)

Did you buy them second hand? What brand are they? Shutting themselves down could be because of overheating I guess, or it's possible that you keep downloading the same virus over and over again which makes your computer behave this oddly.

Ok Isn't it abvious? These people sending us viruses they probably work with the peopel that make the computers :) I mean think of it you buy a computer for 600$ It gets infected you get it fixed 100$. And then finally it is fried you buy a new one 600$. Then repeat! They are getting rich while we are screwed either way. Anyone else no what I am saying?

Well I have two computers, a laptop and a desktop. The laptop I bought from Dell brand new, cheapo one and I have had that for a year and a half without problems and continuing on. My desktop which I'm using now is six months old and still going strong. This one is actually used sort of but the old user never used it. They aren't anything special or anything just regular computers I use every day.

I agree with Ink about the overheating part. The first computer we bought (custom built from a local place) needed to be taken in at least once a month (Needless to say that place went out of buisness fast). One of the fans blew out, and it was overheating. It would just crash or shut down, it was always unstable. It's a typical symptom of overheating. If every computer you have does that, it may be where you're keeping your computer? Are you keeping it in a closed up area (A desk with a back panel, in a corner?) if that's the case, that might just be your problem. Like any electronic device, even more so, computers need ventilation, otherwise they overheat. Try moving your computer into a more open area where there's more airflow all around it, especially around the back.Try unplugging the computer and open it up, check to see if there's any dust built up on the fans or anywhere else where airflow is required, get a can of air (Available at most stores, in the computer section) and try to blow some of the dust out. When you're done doing that, plug the computer back in (While the case is still off) and turn it on for a few minutes and check to make sure the fans are working, ESPECIALLY the heatsink fan. If any of the fans appear to be broken or malfunctioning, close up your computer and take it in for a replacement fan.Now, if you mean just the operating system is unstable, your best bet is to try some virus protection and spyware removal tools to see if there's something eating up your system resources and cluttering up your computer.I hope this helps!

First off, unless you build it yourself you cant really tell how long your computer is going to last you. I made my own computer with my bare hands and it has been running 2 years now. Plus It can still take the latest games in max'ed out everything w/ minimum lag issues. My Suggestion is to put together your own custom rig, with the right resources and the right equipment this can be done very easily. Basically anyone can do it.