xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
electriic ink

Uk Airport Security Tightens airport security levels raised to critcial and many filght

Yes,thank you Britain and a special thanks to the people that investigate this and prevent it from happening. I'm so glad that nothing bad happened!!! Can you imagine the destruction and suffer this would cause? I don't know why people have to kill eachother. So i hope that from now on we only have happy endings like this one and that something like 9/11 never happens again.

Well, I can't think of much to say but I do know that we can all be very lucky that the terrorists were caught. It has been described as a bigger plot than 9/11 and 7/7. We only have the tight security to thank for the catching the murderers.

Thank you Britain...

Considering the recent events I don't blame the terrorists... Some of you may freek out saying: look someone who supports terrorism. I don't support terrorism, but I don't see why killing inocent civilians is such a bad thing on this side of the world and it isn't on the other side of the world. Why in Europe and in the USA everybody points the finger on the terrorists for killing inocent civilians and when the jews kill 100s of inocent people in Lebanon only a small part of you are against it. In other words for the americans this is terrorism, but in Lebanon its just pure justice. This is the great democracy of the world, this is the power that rules the world. People are so ignorant... a 9/11 is just what is takes to blind the american public.

So people... please consider all the facts not what the propaganda machine shows you because there is a strong propaganda machine even in the west. Don't be narrow minded, put youself in their situation and you will see that you would do the same thing.

ps: 911 is a fraud, look into it PLEASE!!!!

I totally agree with you. The fear of terrorist attacks is 99% fake and it is only a cover up to blind the public opinion. When people don't agree with you just close your eyes on a bombing and puff just like magic everyone agrees with you

SO YEAH DON'T TAKE FOR GRANTED WHAT YOU SEE ON TV... IT IS (NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY TRY) ONLY ONE SIDE OF THE STORY

There was a big article on the news about it. Not about the plan of terrorism but about people not being allowed to take things on the plan with them. The news team had an interview and this man could only take a plastic bag on board with his glasses (not glasses case)a towel (Dried), a warm top and a book. They werent letting electronic equiptment on, any liquid what so ever..If terrorists wanted to blow up a plane with liquid explosives it wouldnt be very hard..Theyd just need to slip some on to the food/drinks cart and when it comes past them in mid flight...(Dont get any ideas!)

Without reading the entire thead. I agree its a case of one or few people ruining things for everyone. Its almost the same in Australia when it comes to flights for the USA, or UK as of late. Extreme checks, which included confiscation of liquids and the checking of shoes by many.

Well... as it turns out these guys had no airline tickets and no passports and and had not actually mixed any explosives to see if it would work to bring down a plane. This is looking just like the "plot" in florida (miami). That miami "plot" turned out to be entrapment by an agent who was giving these dirt poor americans money.

Well... as it turns out these guys had no airline tickets and no passports and and had not actually mixed any explosives to see if it would work to bring down a plane. This is looking just like the "plot" in florida (miami). That miami "plot" turned out to be entrapment by an agent who was giving these dirt poor americans money.

Yeah, I had read that too. What's funny is that anyone with a degree in chemistry can tell you that their plot was completely infeasible. The chemical explosive the terrorists were planning to create is named triacetone triperoxide (2 C9H18O6). It is highly unstable in its crystalline form; so much so that it's earned the nickname "The Mother of Satan." As such, bringing the white crystalline powder directly on board would have been too risky (they probably would have blown themselves up on the cab ride there). That leaves synthesis of the explosive compound on the plane as the only remaining option. While triacetone triperoxide is rather easy to create (compared to most conventional explosives), the plausibility of them being able to secretly mix up a batch of it in the lavatories is next to nil. In addition to the chemical precursors of hydrogen peroxide (which would have to be first concentrated as the potency required is not sold to the general public), acetone, and sulfuric acid they would also need a slew of other equipment that would draw attention, including: a cooler, frozen gel packs and/or ice, a thermometer, a large beaker, a stirring rod, and a medicine dropper. Assuming, by some minor miracle, that they actually managed to smuggle all that on board the hardest part would have been still to come. The process of synthesizing the explosive takes a lot of time. They couldn't have just dumped all the chemicals together--not unless the most they wanted to do was set the bathroom (and themselves) on fire. They would have had to add the sulfuric acid drop by drop into the other mixture, stirring every single time, as well very very carefully watching the temperature (as too high of a temperature during synthesis would have rendered the explosive rather weak, and hence useless...not to mention that if it got too hot they risked a premature detonation only large enough to kill themselves). This process would have taken between two and four hours (depending on the skill, precision, and amount created)--all the while leaking rather noxious fumes from the lavatory. Might just be a wee bit suspicious (e.g. "I've been waiting in line for the bathroom for four hours while funky chemical smells are coming out of it!"). Even after synthesis they would have had to wait an additional one to two hours for it to dry before it was ready for use.

All in all, their likelihood of succeeding was about nil. Which is not to say that the CIA/MI5/etc intervention wasn't necessary (still isn't worth taking the chance). But this whole plan to commit "Mass Murder On An Unimaginable Scale" crap is pure propaganda bull-*BLEEP*.

Edited by gaea (see edit history)

i was in tokyo 4 days after that. but luckely it didnt effect us that much. we just had to check all the water and liquids. Its a good thing they caught them. I still dont know what people hate the US soo much for. It must be something big because who does suiside bombing to not big targets. I just hope this doesnt keep happening.

I think it is better to be safe than sorry. I'd rather be checked standing there for hours then be killed in a flight but that's just my opinion. 7/7 did really shock up alot of people. I don't think it's wrong of the goverment to do this since what they are doing is looking out for us right? Anyway, I don't plan on going on Holiday at the moment, maybe next year but who knows.

I was going out to florida that day. It was awful. we could not take anything on board. The flight was like 12 hours of nothing to do plus we were really badly delayed. We were going out from heathrow and we were delayed for over 7 hours. My nieces who are only 4 and 6 were kicking and screaming because they wanted some thing to eat but purses were taken away fortunately i had my cashcard so we could all get a decent meal but we were unsure of whether we would actually get on the plane and if not would we get our luggage back. Fortunately we spent our 2 weeks out there and we are now back at home with all our luggage but really i just think its sad and sick that people want to blow up planes.