xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tailson

Points Cheat Do you think its possible?

I had an idea. Since you earn more points by typing more into a post, would it work if you typed you post, with loads of gibberish towards the end, and then edited the post and deleted the extra stuff? Here's an example:

This is a worthwhile post
llllllllllaflakjvbc;aikjsvgfciqahwegvbfcheqjgfvb

Then, a second after posting the user deleted the last part, leaving you with:

This is a worthwhile post

Are the extra points earned by the gibberish subtracted or do they stay?

I had an idea. Since you earn more points by typing more into a post, would it work if you typed you post, with loads of gibberish towards the end, and then edited the post and deleted the extra stuff? Here's an example:

Are you trying to get yourself banned or something? Just post your knowledge and rake up the points :) It's that simple.

That is how it used to be and that is why the edit button had been removed. But now they have the mod set that when you edit the post the credits are subtracted accordingly. It takes out the number of credits your originally recieved and adds in what you should now recieve so no this isn't cheating because it doesn't work so I wouldn't suggest trying it but thanks for your concerns.

Your credits are adjusted accordingly every time you edit a post. Back in the early days of Xisto that never used to be so and people abused the edit button which lead to it being removed. Fortunately, now OpaQue's fixed this exploit, we can all edit our posts :)

Yea, it was stuff like that which made us lose out on our edit button (which I'm very happy was solved and we have it back now!)I figure, what is the point in cheating the hosting credit system? If you do... either your points are going to be adjusted once someone finds out what you are doing - which they WILL find out. And if you try it enough times, I'm sure that eventually it could lead to you losing your account.With hosting like this, and it costing nothing at all.... why would you want to jeopardize that? Think about it before you go and try to cheat the system. It doesn't help anyone in the end, and especially not you.

hmmn... this thread gives admins and mods the idea WHO to monitor from hereon. :P kidding aside, that was a problem before when EDIT does not adjust the credits earned after every use. nowadays, it is safer to use the edit button without the system worrying about the actual credits earned with every post.other attempts to this effect have been tried by other members. they still continue to do so by posting COPIED CONTENT and spamming the forums. but they will only temporarily enjoy the credits they earned by cheating. :P several hosted members have been SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY because of repeated attempts to cheat the system by posting SPAM/PLAGIARIZED CONTENT. any other attempts of course will be meted with appropriate action. :)in short, cheating the hosting credits system simply "does not pay". and since the query has been answered, this will be closed. if thread starter, or any other member deem it to be opened for further discussion, please PM any mod to reopen it. :P