xisto Community
conret

Orphanage what are the options and ways

How can your friend dare to disrespect his family, tell him to stop feeling sorry for himself and start to respect his parents.He is the problem, and he can be the solution too, but only if he actually wants to.
One who disrespects his own parents is so bllind and heartless that he can't even see that his own parents gave birth to him and without them he would not even be living, feeling, breathing right now. Earth to your friend, have you guys ever heard of RESPECT? grrr......
I'm 14 too but not that dumb. I know the difference between someone who loves me and someone who wants bad for me. His parents must love him, just like my paents love me (touch wood).
Give him one slap round the face, he deserves it.

Hey, you may think you're so smart for 14, but, seriously, I'm guessing you've got it pretty easy with your family by the way you talk. The kid in discussion, as described by conret, is yelled at his parents for everything. Now, he might just be a whiner and complainer, but, assuming he's actually being level-headed, than it sounds like his family's just a wee bit too strict.
I come from an extremely strict family, and my parents yell at me basically if I get anything less than a 95% on a test or forget to dry the dishes one night or vacuum the house or whatever. It gets old. However, there's a point to which I can put up with it. When I can't and my parents are getting angry at me for something inconsequential, I go beserk. I bang my head against the wall, tear quilts to shreds, etc. I'm not sure what part of this is releasing anger and what part is acting, I have a feeling it's more the latter, but it's my response to this sort of things. I'm guessing if said kid started crying really badly, refused to eat, banged his head against the wall, and so forth, his parents would be a bit more understanding for a while. In short, he needs to tell his parents how he feels. As it appears they aren't listening, then try something else... Granted, he probably just needs to grow some spine, but if his parents aren't listening, they're in the wrong as well. I don't really care if his parents get angry at him for getting Bs, I have to put up with that as well. If they expect all As from him, he's obviously smart enough to get them, he just needs to apply himself more.

However, as said kid obviously thinks he has to take this into his own hands, I wouldn't suggest an orphanage, a foster care home is totally a bad choice, but if he's really that pissed, tell him to try running away for a few days. Maybe he can stay in the school he goes to or something. See if his parents start to worry, if they do, then he can come home, but maybe after some bargaining. If his parents just get angry, then they're the ones with problems...

Well this happened when I was about 10-12 with me. My granddad seemed to be the only one who cared for me. He looked after me and took my out and about. My parents did nothing, the only thing they praised my for is good marks in my exams. Maybe my case wasn't as bad as your friend's, but it is seriously worth a visit to a youth club or even his school's head of year or someone to go over what he can do to bring this to a stop. In my case I sat down with my mum and dad and talked about it. To this date I don't think they bothered to listen, but anyway. The horribleness stopped, I became a bit more helpful round the house, and we started to act more like a family.Now we still have our moments, but who doesn't? That's just life, isn't it?Hopefully your friend will make his decision, and one that he makes with pride.-Tom.

Thats extremely sad ti hear that someone would hit the child like that and treat them like that .I would y i would call child services and tell them that some one had been abusing their children so they can come and help their child. but really i think the parents do love the child, but are having a tough time raisin g him or in just a difficult situation at the time, and really him and the family should look over the whole situation before doing anything!