xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FLaKes

Future Of The Mouse

I just saw this really cool video in which mac has developed a really cool screen that would probably replace the use of the mouse in certain things. (I said certain things because, I dont really see how you could use it with photoshop or something that needs to be pixel precise.) The video looks really cool, I see this multi touch screen interface in the future of vjing also, because that Is what is mostly done in the video.

http://educationprojects.blogs.it.umich.edu/

I hope you enjoy it, it kind of reminds me of movies like minority report and the island. Its kind of really really really expensive right now =(, over 1800 euro!

Edited by FLaKes (see edit history)

It looks quite good, and seems to work quite well. I like what they did with the photos, it will make using a computer a lot easier for people who either find it difficult to type or use a mouse, or in a tablet PC, where you normally haven't got a table to use a mouse with. The only disadvantage I can see at the moment is that the screen is going to get really dirty over time if people keep using it.

That looks really cool. It looks like they expanded quite a bit. The other day when I went to take my test for my permit it was a touch screen but the mouse followed where your finger touched and if you tapped it would click. This they took it a lot further but sort of like the same thing. I don't know what you would do about photoshop but I think you can resize things anyway with the onscreen keyboard.

alot of this stuff can already be done except not to that scale. for example, the touch pads in computer laptops can recognize different types of touches. Also, there are many types of touch screens right now like cash registers. or even when you buy tickets at movie theatre and check in at air ports. these are all touch screens. i don't think this is really too far off. it's just the interface has to be developed and software will have to support it. basically all new OS has to be made to support this thing becaue right now the OS is mouse based.

Yeh all my teachers have touch screens, it detects heat for about 1cm away from screen, mouse follows that heat (body heat) and if you touch the screen it does click.It wood get quite annoying, if u accidentally moved ur hand too far in so it clicked or whateva, but yeh about the screens getting dirty you can get ones at auto-clean the screen, one of my teachers one cleans the screen every time she closes the lid.... pretty cleverBut with that video.... quite neat!

What is this called so i can look it up on youtube.com or on google. It isn't a tabletMac... is it? The video is deleted that is why i want to know.