xisto Community
spawn_syxx9

What Has Bush Done To You? This is not a Bush rant. I promise.

Now I will admit, I voted Libertarian.. enemy to all Republicans I guess. But at the same time, I despise Bush for certain acts he has commited against my way of life. Though he has done wonders for me ie Passing the Inheritance Tax Law. That is going to save my a lot of money. Thus that is one point I give him.My question to you all you Bush haters out there is.. why do you dislike him? And I don't mean some *BLEEP* answer ie " Oh cause he is stupid " , " Oh cause he is a monkey looking freak ".. No I mean serious political answers. None of this " oh cause he started a war crap.. NO!! " Those are cop out answers. Answers the media and your brainwashed little sister or brother would say.I won't some concrete answers ieWhen Bush signed the passing of a law that basically says, " Big companies may be allowed to account for certain acts which would allow the insiders the ability to discuss insider trading tactics as long as they do not allow the information to leak to outside sources."That pissed me off because.. BULLSH*T insider trading doesn't go on everyday. I too one day hope to be a part of insider trading because I am going into that kind of life. The entire reason Martha Stewart was put on the spotlight is because, IMO, she is a successful woman and these petty *bottom* mofos are jealous of her. Stuff like that :)

That pissed me off because.. BULLSH*T insider trading doesn't go on everyday. I too one day hope to be a part of insider trading because I am going into that kind of life. The entire reason Martha Stewart was put on the spotlight is because, IMO, she is a successful woman and these petty *bottom* mofos are jealous of her.

Stuff like that :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my response doesn't really have anything to do with bush (although i do have some reasons for disliking his policy).

Insider trading is ILLEGAL. If you are trying to get into that life, you are asking for jail time. The reason why Martha Stewart was put into the spot light is because she broke the law in a time when business scandals were rampant.

Insider trading is illegal for many VERY GOOD reasons. If insider trading were allowed, basically the entire economy would collapse and the free markets would simply be broke. A market only works when there is equal information, otherwise, there would be zero confidence in that market. With no confidence in the market, it would make it terribly hard for companies to raise capatial to conduct business.

Started a war, simple as that. Well ok not that simple:Encouraged arms salesEncouraged violenceUsed the media to his advantage to spread propaganda.Uselessly scared and confused a lot of Americans.Deteriorated society, another reason to get arms.Started a war... oh what a surprise, more uses for those bombs and guns... lets manufacture and sell more of them!

For the war, if he had a good reason to invade Iraq, then go ahead. But oil isn't a good reason.He's saying that it's the 'war on terrorism' when more terrorists (like Osama Bin Laden) come from Saudi Arabia.He also said that God told him to do so.He's also trying to put his religion as the law, ie. 'heaven exists, God exists', etc. NOTE THE CONSTITUTION, THE BASIS FOR THE AMERICAN SOCIETY: SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE.Edit: he's also the only president since Harry Hoover to LOSE jobs, and he doesn't have the excuse of the stockmarket crash of 1929 and the Great Depression as an excuse.

First of all, why do people still believe that Bush took us into Iraq for oil. Has there been any movement toward taking the oil for ourselves?On another note, the Constitution does not call for separation of church and state. That was a phrase created in the Supreme Court case Engle v. Vitale in the 1940's. The first amendment just keeps the government out of religion, not religion out of the government. The founding fathers were all very religious and definitely wanted us to keep religious values in our government.

So far you guys seem to be taking this topic seriously. Thank you ^^as relates to you no9t9, yeah I know it is illegal. I know the reasons, but come on. Seriously, that is like saying that drug dealers are just going to stop because they finally realize it is illegal. I am not saying that I will do insider trading, but I keeping my eyes open and to the relaization that I am not going to be a tattle tale and tell on my bud if he does it.

First of all, why do people still believe that Bush took us into Iraq for oil. Has there been any movement toward taking the oil for ourselves?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually that was the first thing they did when entering Iraq. You really don't expect them to shout out loud "WE SECURED THE OIL WELLS!" do you? The flow of iraqi oil to the US has been going on since the very early stages of the war.

hmm... the reply i made yesterday never showed up??? Mods deleted it??Anyway, basically... US oil reserves have increased since winning the war and the number one concern was securing oil fields when they invaded iraq. Not, power plants, or water stations, but oil fields.Oil was a factor in the war, there is no question. But, US doesn't want to TAKE the oil, they just want to CONTROL it.And as for spawn's insider trading.. why not be a drug dealer? make more money than insider trading. breaking arms and legs is your solution of choice so you would fit in well... don't bother with insider trading... that's for kids.. the real men and the big boys break the bigger laws and deal drugs...

Ok, that is real low and real stupid for a response man. You are totally taking out of context. I believe you have some growing up to do and I am going to report you for entirely harassing my point of view and even trying to sound like you are intelligent.I think that most people realize that insider trading is illegal, but does that mean it is going to stop forever? Get your head out of your assanine ego and realize that the world doesn't run on your morals.

This is The Vent. You have to expect a certain amount of controversy to happen here, and it is mostly unmoderated.

Pretty much anything goes here, and you are not going to get banned for saying anything in this particular forum (as long as it is within the limits shown).

If you want to continue any disputes, then fine - if you don't want too anymore, then just walk away.

I'll reserve my opinion on this particular issue.

Ok, that is real low and real stupid for a response man. You are totally taking out of context. I believe you have some growing up to do and I am going to report you for entirely harassing my point of view and even trying to sound like you are intelligent.

I think that most people realize that insider trading is illegal, but does that mean it is going to stop forever? Get your head out of your assanine ego and realize that the world doesn't run on your morals.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not my fault you put up such a stupid example. and btw... tell on me... wah wah... no point talking grown up cause you are a kid. Maybe I should report you for calling ME names? loser... if you can't take it, do as the mod suggests and stay away. Man, this coming from the guy who says "talking to a counselor about bullies is useless". What do you do? you run to the mods... mommy mommy...

First of all, I never said anything about insider trading EVER STOPPING.. You said "I too one day hope to be a part of insider trading because I am going into that kind of life".. I merely informed you of the legal ramafications. You say you know about the legal aspect of this issue and yet you still want to be a part of it.. Then you come up with an idiotic excuse of drug dealers also breaking the law even when they know about it. You know it's wrong yet you want to do it anyway... so... why NOT be a drug dealer? what's the difference? How is it taken out of context? Dealing drugs and insider trading will land you about the same amount of jail time so why not go with the higher reward to risk ratio?

Second, who ever said the world works on MY morales? Who the *BLEEP* doesn't know that the world is full of morons without ethics? Does that mean I have to be one of them? IF you want to be one of them then go ahead. I wish you luck in staying out of jail in your pursuit of your glorious insider trading life style. Personally, I'm just glad the majority of people in the world are ethical people and they don't run on morales like yours.

no9t9, just because this forum is pretty 'easy' doesn't mean that I won't think you are an immature idiot, and consider the level of your intelligence along with the value of your opinion to be around the 0 mark somewhere.

no9t9, just because this forum is pretty 'easy' doesn't mean that I won't think you are an immature idiot, and consider the level of your intelligence along with the value of your opinion to be around the 0 mark somewhere.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

think whatever you want. like i give a *BLEEP*. i don't have to prove anything to you or anyone else here. it is clear to me that challenging people at this forum simply makes one an immature idiot. If you can't understand the parallels that I've written that's too bad. i guess you are too mature and too smart to understand what i write. and i guess maturity and intelligence mean that responses are basically an insult with no supporting arguements. Noted..

How's this for a response... *BLEEP* YOU.

You took the whole breaking someone's leg and arm to a different topic, you are trying to ridicule somene you don't even know. You obviously think you are a moral person and yet somehow badgering, trying to cuss, tellling us that you don't care when obviously you do because you are responding and getting mad, and then even trying to infer that I would openly state illegal acts. I said I would be a part of that life and thus I have to realize that insider trading, though illegal, is a very real issue I'd have to deal with. Yeah I'd probably not participate, but I'm not blind and I don't judge those.

You totally missed the point. I was equating drug dealing with insider trading. When I see a drug dealer, what do I do?

I leave them alone. I don't hassle them. I don't even bother reporting them because most likely the cops are in on it and if they aren't then one day the person will be caught without me helping. Now if they are hurting someone I know, then I'll get involved. Yes, that may sound irresponsible, but see it from this point of view if you can man, the guy most likely has lots of friends who will defend him or probably want reprisal on the person who turned them in. I don't need that. Why put myself out into extra trouble?

So yes, you totally not only missed the point, you missed the "moral" consequences that I was trying to infer and by inferring them, telling others to just not get hurt. But hey you are entitled to your opinions. I'm going to say I don't agree with you but I have no right to say you are wrong nor that you shouldn't think that way.

So anyway ^^ onto the real subject of Bush.

I have found another reason I despies him, I was reading Scientific American, a magazine I am sure many of us read or SHOULD read :( :(

Bush was taking fudning away from many scientific brancesh and putting them into other programs. Not even programs that helped anyone, he put them into paying the IRS guys. Into paying for Iraq, into paying his staff. He took public money and threw it away on some people that the public doesn't even like. He took away funding from all stem cell research because of "moral" issues. Kerry agreed to fund it, as long as it had an ethics counselor. I could have gone with that. Though I did vote Libertarian :(

Anyway that is another reason why I don't like Bush.