xisto Community
TypoMage

Making A Site Please help me

Nowadays, server side scripting is more popular and more flexible than client side scripting... Therefore, normal html and javascript wouldnt be much found on webpages anymore(javascript is still use in some part of the website though)... Now usually people build their website using php or .NET platform... php is a more popular ones as they're usually free and together with mysql they works like wonder! So its better to learn php scripting after you have master html, it does really make your website looks nicer! <_<

There are way to many ways to make a site <_< It is kinda confusing. I mean are all of them the same as html? Accept easier to use? Could someon explain it better.

Not really... html is just the code to provide the interface of website between borwser, where html code only display images, tables, alignment, most of the time something you see... Others like java, php, my sql usually arent seen by the user when it works and process what they're suppose to do... usually, html works with css to produce the layout design, while php, javascript, mysql works like how the website runs, and they power it...

Well thanks for all of that help but umm I did not understand most of it? Well I think I do ok so you mean like Html is the base for it and the other stuff fuels it like makes it a better and more interesting site? Yes I think that is what you mean. Right?

Html cannot handle somthing like a forum becasue you need a database, with php it can access your databases (mysql) and then take that information and display it on the site. Eg this forum, each post is a database entry being shown to you in a php based environment. Html makes a static site which to have anything changed, eg having a new post, would require you to add it in the code, however with php you can have a form (the add reply form) which will enter your post into the database (,mysql) and will be shown on the forum.What i would reccomend is downloading some free web templates which are basicaly websites ready made which you can change to your liking and look at the code, you will get the hang of it through that, if you dont understand somthing check on w3schools