xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TypoMage

Cpanel Documentation Can someone tell me about this

I knwo some of the admin and other people that work here are going to give me crap but here goes.I need help on the Cpanel I have read the stupid thing that is supposed to help but it did not help!I do not want people posting the link to the manual or whatever you want to call it! I need help.I do not understand anything about that where do you go to make the site on the Cpanel :) So can anyone help?

Go to the file manager and then go to public_html or www directory and there you can upload files or edit them. Remember that your main page must be called index.html Hopefully you know html and how to make the web site itself. If you would like you can use a FTP manager to upload your files and edit them if you don't like the Cpanel. If you need any more information on how to use the Cpanel let me know.

What about all of the other icons on the cpanel? I do not understand any of them at all. :) So is there a place where I can learn about it. ( I would prefer you tell me) So thanks for your help but please give me more! :P

Ok well its all straight foward, just have a look, click on things, read what it says, and for anything you dont know all you need to do is:Go to googleLook at cpanel and see what you dont understand, if its bandwidth you would type this into google:Cpanel bandwidth what isAnd you are just using keywords so you should get good results, any other things, just ask but be specific

Hey, I'm also the newbie in Xisto. first time ts very difficult, but if you try to understand some (not all) of the menu its enough. if you want to get great website, why dont you use CMS like Mambo or joomla. Xisto.com already provide Fantastico feature. so you can upload mambo easier. ( you can acces yoursite at yoursitename.trap17.com/name of mambo file) after its installed its only need little knowledge bout html and php (further more NO NEED I think :P ) to manage your site. so in Cpanel of Xisto.com I only using 2 features(icons) so far that are fantastico and file manager. :) no more...

dear TypoMage if you newbie in website design you can use fantastico in cpanel , login at cpanel you can find icon of fantastico ,
if you want build own site you can make html file with ( editors like frontpage ) and then with ftp upload your file in www folder at host ,
i agree mr BuffaloHELP you can find all cpanel documentation at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
and https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cpaneG=Google+Search