xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

Read This At Any Cost Before Posting Here THE CPANEL DOCUMENTATION

Most of you might have problems regarding web Hosting.

We give literally ALL THE CONTROLS to our Clients. Unlike OTHER HOSTS , WE do NOT Block Critical Features and let our members explore through them.

ALL the ERRORS you might get can be corrected or is a result of misconfiguration at the Cpanel. We have the same amount of control as you have. We give you everything.

So if you DO NOT understand how to go with Cpanel, READ THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION CAREFULLY!

[ >> http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ << ]

Edit: Changed the cPanel documentation link.

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

This is one of the things I like about Xisto. You trust us with things that we can abuse your server with, crash the MySQL and such. Of course, only naughty members do this. Heh. Anyway. I'm going to read this even though I think I understand cPanel. I may not be using it to my full advantage.

Thanks!!! This manual has really helped me out, I have been searching for over 3 hours on how to put up a domain I just bought on a subdomain of my Trap 17 account. Im going to keep on skimming through the features of Cpanel, because I bearly even know about 10% of all of it. Thanks, Opaque and Xisto for this awesome hosting!!

Hey, this is a great help. I only know the minimum basics about my Cpanel. I am going to spend some time studying this manual so I can take advantage of all the things available to me. Maybe then I can improve my site somewhat. Thanks for the on-line tutorial (Manual). <_<

Thanks for this. I've been bashing on with cpanel myself trying to get to grips with my site. Some of this is a great help.

Thank you from me aswell, I was also having trouble understanding what everything was for:) I had goten so used to the other site hosts who only allow use of the file manager, so when I saw all this other stuff I was very excited, and confused. The manual is amazing & answered all of my questions. :) Thank you again. :P

Wow, I am really lost now. lol looks like i got a lot more reading to do. But hopefully it will be a fun learning experience. I have had a couple of websites b4 but they were just simple html which I taught myself the basics enough to get by for what i needed.. When i looged into my cpanel I was soo lost. But i shall read on. I may have questions though as i am not always the brightest when it comes to this kinda stuff. so please be patient with me. I will do my best to answer my own questions and make sure Im not asking questions that have been answered over and over again. Thank you all for the account it is very much appreciated. :)

So we can use features like send mail?Thats great thanks Xisto

Thank-You so much!

You can't believe how muc hthis is going to help me! I've been looking through the site, and asking for help for hours trying to figure out where to start, and its is exactly what I was looking for! Something that can show me where to even begin!! :)

i got my hosting set up and everything and got to my cpanel but i don't know how to start building my site. unlike other cpanels there doesn't seem to be a "site builder" thing so i'm kinda confused. can someone help me?

You can't build a web site through cPanel - it is used to manage your domains, subdomains, databases and, most important of all, your files (through the File Manager). You need to build the web site on your own computer by creating HTML files (I am guessing that you don't know PHP) which you will then upload to your hosting account, into the folder public_html, the folder people see when they type in your site's URL.

i got my hosting set up and everything and got to my cpanel but i don't know how to start building my site. unlike other cpanels there doesn't seem to be a "site builder" thing so i'm kinda confused. can someone help me?

Like pyost said you can't build a site just by using cpanel. You can however use it to download stuff to help you build your site. An example of this would be fantastico. Fantastico has tons of scripts to download for you like joomla and mambo which basically those two things build the site for you. There is also some templates that you can download to help jump start you to building a site. All these things are great but if you want to build your site from ground up you need to write the html outside of cpanel and then upload it. If you have any questions about how to do any of that stuff just ask. Hope this helps you out.