xisto Community
MacFly

What Operating System Is The Best Games Base ? A little Quizzy...

What Operating System Is The Best Games Base ?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Windows XP is the best, because it can support all programs, even programs from 1990s.It also looks so good. But the only negative about it is that it can only be operated at high requirements. like high RAM and proccesor

that is true. Longhorn requires you to have a very high performance computer for you to run. I think it requires something like a 2.8 GHZ as the recommended speed to run it :Sxboxrulz

that is true. Longhorn requires you to have a very high performance computer for you to run. I think it requires something like a 2.8 GHZ as the recommended speed to run it

That is right. My computer was a low performance (too slowly ;) ). I must remove Longhorn but i'v just up grade my computer to 2.0 GHZ and 128 of Ram. I'm not sure i can trans to Longhorn again!! :P
Longhorn have a beautiful themes and more choices. ;)

For me its a tie between win2k and winxp.My desktop plays games perfectly with winxpbut my notebook doestn't work as well. It has to use win2k.I would use win2k on my desktop but I dont have the drivers for my comp.

I recommend XP too because it is more supported by game producers and more games that come out for PC are supported by XP. So unless you want to play boring games i would suggest XP for the gaming OS. Linux or Unix dont have much fun games supported or w/e you had in mind. I dont htink anything else has more games supported

Linux is getting more and more support in games; but the games sometimes have to come out with Windows as a co-OS development. These games include: America's Army, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, Enemy Territory Fortress (remake of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory), Unreal Tournament 2004 and Quake 3.xboxrulz

Windows XP is very stable when it comes for gaming. However, for the 3D rendering, I would say Mac. Btw, will Windows Longhorn be a better software for gaminf than XP? Well...I hope so....

I doubt it, Longhorn is supposed to replace the server platform for windows, it may be better for hosting games off of but any OS is good for that, you dont need anything special.

Longhorn requires you to have the latest computer technology, therefore, you must buy a new computer. Plus, they must be TCPA compatible or else Longhorn cannot run.xboxrulz

Right now it would have to be Windows XP. This is easily chosen because almost all of the games that we play today can function only on Windows platforms. Later on there might be newer and better games that also function on Linux, Unix, and others. :D

There are. Nvidia driver have some performance better on linux for eg. OK, some things are better done on win. I have played Soldier Of Fortunee written for linux, and it works fine. I have Rune for, but didn't installed it. I played Warcraft 3, Counter Strike, Half Life, Heroes, Need For Speed Underground . . . on linux