xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
master_bacarra

Kesenjangansosial.exe

here i am again to ask help about viruses. my mom bought her laptop a few weeks ago (the one i was telling in one of the threads i started here that the dvd drive isn't reading any dvd's) and asked my older brother to copy the images she got using my older brother's digital camera and transfer it to her laptop. when he did that, he realized that the images were infected with viruses so he installed avast antivirus to remove the threats. after he did that when i tried opening the laptop, a message kept popping up saying, "Cannot find C:\Windows\KesenjanganSosial.exe, please specify the correct path and try again". i know it's a worm, but whichever application is using that must be a problem as well. the thing is i've installed avg on the laptop and downloaded the updates and ran a full system scan, but it didn't detect any virus.do any of you know a better antivirus that could probably solve that? just the free ones of course.thanks. i'll check back in a bit.

It's not necessarily a program that is causing that to be loaded. Check in the registry keys to see if that program is being run on startup. If you don't know where it might be in the registry then click Edit > Find... and search for the program name (KesenjanganSosial.exe). If you find anything related to it, delete it (but back the registry up first :) ).

The alternative is that is is being loaded as a startup process. Check by going to Start > Run... typing in "msconfig". Check the Services tab to see if it is listed there and set to start on boot or something. Ten check the Startup tab, and look down the Command column. This basically lists the files being run at startup. Just look for C:\Windows\KesenjanganSosial.exe (it may get abbreviated to something like Kesenj~1.exe) and delete it. It will also give you the registry key to delete to.

I can't think of any free antivirus software better than the ones you've already used, but Symantec offer removal tools for a lot of viruses that are free. They basically go through the process I explained, but automatically for you. See if the virus is listed in their free removal tools here.

what rvalkass has suggested will probably help you get rid of the virus but if you play with the registery without knowing what it is always do so after having a backup otherwise your whole os may go for good ,also try different anti virus softwares as one virus detected in one software may not show up in another

here i am again to ask help about viruses. my mom bought her laptop a few weeks ago (the one i was telling in one of the threads i started here that the dvd drive isn't reading any dvd's) and asked my older brother to copy the images she got using my older brother's digital camera and transfer it to her laptop. when he did that, he realized that the images were infected with viruses so he installed avast antivirus to remove the threats. after he did that when i tried opening the laptop, a message kept popping up saying, "Cannot find C:\Windows\KesenjanganSosial.exe, please specify the correct path and try again". i know it's a worm, but whichever application is using that must be a problem as well. the thing is i've installed avg on the laptop and downloaded the updates and ran a full system scan, but it didn't detect any virus.
do any of you know a better antivirus that could probably solve that? just the free ones of course.

thanks. i'll check back in a bit.

Hi, I think you are Indonesian, coz taht worms(maybe virus) is "made in indonesia" so I suggest you to use PC Media AntiVirus you can buy PC MEDIA Magazine and get the CD. I also use this antivirus (sometimes) in order to kill Brontok or RontokBro virus that already be a monster in Indonesia. try this, hopefully can solve your problem. another Antivirus taht is very Powerfull is AntiVir and Avast (that you already used b4) but update it regularely. OK bro, Selamat Berjuang (Good Luck) :)

Ok first off, images can not contain viruses. I don't care what you have read, they can not, unless they are in some sort of executable file.A picture as itself, ie BMP, JPG, PNG, etc can in no way contain a virus in any way.If it is a new Laptop, brand new not used or returned, then you need to take it back and get another one if you are having all these problems. Also remember that a lot of manufactures install their own apps onto their PC because they can.Unless you downloaded an email contained the virus, OR you downloaded pirated software, chances are it's not a virus.Virus can only be spread by you activating them.Simple!

am facing a similar problem ;) ....but if i try to Start > Run... typing in "msconfig"...the system restarts...
mayb the virus has some code in it..tht restarts my comp on running msconfig....

wht do i do???

It's not necessarily a program that is causing that to be loaded. Check in the registry keys to see if that program is being run on startup. If you don't know where it might be in the registry then click Edit > Find... and search for the program name (KesenjanganSosial.exe). If you find anything related to it, delete it (but back the registry up first ;) ).
The alternative is that is is being loaded as a startup process. Check by going to Start > Run... typing in "msconfig". Check the Services tab to see if it is listed there and set to start on boot or something. Ten check the Startup tab, and look down the Command column. This basically lists the files being run at startup. Just look for C:\Windows\KesenjanganSosial.exe (it may get abbreviated to something like Kesenj~1.exe) and delete it. It will also give you the registry key to delete to.

I can't think of any free antivirus software better than the ones you've already used, but Symantec offer removal tools for a lot of viruses that are free. They basically go through the process I explained, but automatically for you. See if the virus is listed in their free removal tools here.

am facing a similar problem ;) ....but if i try to Start > Run... typing in "msconfig"...the system restarts...mayb the virus has some code in it..tht restarts my comp on running msconfig....

wht do i do???

you could try booting up in safe mode. then do your stuff while in safe mode.

Hi, I think you are Indonesian, coz taht worms(maybe virus) is "made in indonesia" ;)

Lol that cracked me up ;) "made in indonesia"
back on the subject: I suggest starting up in safe mode; then go run>>type in "msconfig" (without quotes)>>services and check there is not an unusual program running at startup, and just look around your main drive to see if there are any unusual files. Then start exploring the registry (be careful).!

Well if you ran avast and now it can't find a cetrain exe, chances are you got rid of the virus or whatever it may be. Also, be more specific when you say you were opening the laptop. Did this error appear as soon as you turned the laptop on or after trying to open cetrain applications? If the virus happens to be there, you could try running Adaware. I know it's anti-spyware, but I've had very good success with this thing in getting rid of viruses.

I had a XP box with this problem (unable to find kesenjangansosial.exe at startup). I couldn't find it in any of the usual autostart locations. I finally found it in the HKLM/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current Version/WinLogin/Shell key. This key normally just has explorer.exe as it's value, but in this case, had the path to kesenjangansosial.exe appended to it. One of the many anti-virus scanner I had run previously must have deleted the file...Hopefully this will help others with this issue.-rightgit