xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dundun2007

Playstation 3 Or Xbox 360? Which one is better?

As most of the gaming fans know by now the xbox 360 is coming on in november and the ps3 is expected to make an apperance sometime next year. So which do you think will make a bigger impression on the people? Well in my opinion the xbox 360 is going to do a great job. They are coming out near christmas time which would make a great gift. The games that are coming out wil blow away alot of the competion. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion will by far be the most popular game for the xbox 360 once that hits the stores. Once the ps3 comes out i dont expect to see that great of an impact. The thing that really stuck out when i first saw a picture of the ps3 was the controller. It is shaped like a boomerrang for some reason. I guess when you get mad because you bought a horrible system and you throw the controller, it will come back to you? Anyways i dont see any future games that will make a huge impact. A new resident evil was expected to be released but i dont know yet of any details. Overall i do think that the xbox 360 will have a better impression on the sales. I like the standard wireless controller thing and everything. I am looking forward to buying one once it comes out in november.

Well, I believe the X-Box 360 will prevail. I mean the PS3 sounds a bit silly. I mean its cool and stylish, and I even heard it has some cool new games. BUT! It seems like they should have stopped at the PS2. Or, is they wanted to make a third Playstion model, they could have game it what I call a "final name". Which means a name for the very last console in that particular series. For example, take a look at Nintendo's "Nintendo Revolution". (Which I think with be the final console) Revolution seems to be a "final name". So they should have made something like: "Playstation Evolution". You see what I mean?

But enough nagging, and lets get on with the review of The X-Box and The Playstation's new and hopefully improved consoles.

I can perhaps save myself sometime instead of typing everything I had in mind. But, looking at the pictures actually gives you a complete idea, and looking over all the features tell you whats going to be the best console. So take a look at these photos. Also before I post these pictures, remember I may not have the same pictures you had in mind. There will be different models, just like the PS2 (Slim).

These are a few pictures of the PS3:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Heh, and here is a "fake" one.

Posted Image

And here are the X-Box 360 pictures.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Also, here is your bonus.

Posted Image

WTF! How can you even hold that!!!

If I need to type more, just ask and I shall type the full review.

It seems to me your a total fanboy. You say that Nintendo's dropping out and Sony should too? Yeah right I can see Sony and Nintendo saying it now "We hate money, and games, we sux, so we give up the industry" Lame.

PLus if you look at the shear technology, the PS3 wins hands down. Also the Nintendo Revolution isnt the final system. Especilly when they have just come out with Gameboy Micro and the DS.

PLus the PS3 sports two Nvidia GeForce 6800 graphics chips and the cell processor. Totally better thatn the Xbox 360. And they offer better online play this time around. So I can tell its gonna be the same once again. Just like Current-Gen systems. Look how it is now: Xbox dominates Online Play; Ps2 dominates single player, and has a larger install base than Microsoft. And nintendo holds familiar franchises and party and multiplayer games as its title. The same will hold true with next-gen systems.

And you right about one thing, the PS3 will have good games. Just like how ps2 has some of the best games out there. Granted Nintendo and Microsoft have good games, but come on. Everyone knows that PS2 has way more variety and alot better games. So fanboy, have fun liking one system and believing everyones gonna drop out except Xbox 360. Cu z ittll never happen. Tilll the companies fall. And that wont happen for a while. Especially not Sony.

And one last quote befoer I close this statement. I find this to be one of the dumbest things Ive herd in a while.

I mean the PS3 sounds a bit silly. I mean its cool and stylish, and I even heard it has some cool new games. BUT! It seems like they should have stopped at the PS2.

Hmm, well despite all of the trash talk about the PS3 and how it will cost more than the xbox 360, I still firmly believe that the PS3 will continue to dominate the xbox 360. It's just simple logic that the PS3 will be better just because it will be launched later than the xbox. Many people claim that the next-gen gaming consoles are coming and soon we will be able to buy them, well not until the PS3 comes out we wont. Honestly, look at the ps3's capabilities and compare them to the ones that xbox doesn't have...

I could care less what you say. I posted that from my perpective. I still say the X-Box 360 will bash the PS3. And yes Sony should have stopped, just imagine the PS4. :huh:; I was wrong with Nintendo. As I was reading this I remembered the Gamboy Mirco. Although remember that the Nintendo Revolution has not been released to the stores just yet.The X-Box 360 will have High Definition, also. I'm telling you, this console is going to rock the market. Sony is going to feel the pinch like never before. The Xbox 360's ATI graphics core also throws a wrench into our graphics comparison since it uses a new-fangled Unified Shader Architecture that mixes up pixel- and vertex-pipelines and makes comparison to older video card technology very difficult. The Xbox 360 graphics core may have 48-pipelines, but we don't know how powerful they are compared to dedicated pixel and vertex pipelines. The PlayStation 3 has a pretty strong Nvidia graphics processor, but you can see how Sony may be afraid of the specification sheet comparison by the pipeline number conveniently omitted from the PS3 graphics specifications. We're guessing that the RSX graphics processors has a traditional, non-unified shader engine, so it likely has a smaller total "pipeline" number than the ATI chip. Even if the RSX's normal pipelines are more powerful than the Xbox 360's pipes, Sony doesn't want to risk printing a lower "pipeline" number since people won't understand that it isn't an apples-to-apples comparison. So how many traditional pipelines does the RSX have? Sony has revealed that the RSX GPU has a 550MHz core clock and has over 300 million transistors. Sony has also stated that the chip is more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultra cards put together. Your first guess might be that Nvidia simply doubled the pipeline number on the 6800 Ultra to make the RSX, but you also have to remember that the Ultra only clocked in at 400MHz. If the "double" performance measurement is based on fill-rate performance rather than hardware, the clock speed increase up to 550MHz is clear sign that the hardware improvement isn't from a pure doubling of pipelines. We're guessing that the actual pipeline count is going to be at 24, which is about right for 300 million transistors and, at 550MHz, has just a slightly larger fill-rate than two GeForce 6800 Ultras clocked at 400MHz. Since the GeForce Ultra had 6 vertex pipelines, the RSX likely has 6 more vertex pipes in addition to the 24 pixel pipelines. I mean c'mon, it has 10MB eDRAM embedded video memory, 22.4 GB/s main memory bandwidth, 256 GB/s to eDRAM, 21.6 GB/s FSB, 20GB Removable Hard Drive, and 802.11 A/B/G Wi-Fi ready, adapter not included, though. But how can you compete with that?!?! I admit to the one thing that I like about the PS3 that the X-Box 360 doesn't have, and thats a Blue-Tooth Wireless Controller. Thats about it. Other than that, its nothing compared to the X-Box 360. MicroSoft Prevails.

The PS is much more powerful, but the 360 have stealed some developers from Sony, i think microsoft will sell better than Sony, the 360 will get better games, I dont like metal gear so much...

i ma propably going to buy the xbox 360 as i prefer the hsape , wireless controllers etc... although what seems weird to me is that sony are trying to make their ps3 like an xbox but improve on it, if you compare a ps3 to an old xbox , the shape , controller shape(sony made handles longer though) it seems microsoft had got it better with the xbox than sony have done for the pst few consloe generations and this is why sony seems to be taking all microsofts ideas !!!

The PS is much more powerful, but the 360 have stealed some developers from Sony, i think microsoft will sell better than Sony, the 360 will get better games, I dont like metal gear so much...

192758[/snapback]

PS3 is gonna cost WAY more than 360. XBOX is atm already more powerfull, and the 360 will overpower PS again,

the xbox 360 also has 7 times as much power as the original xbox, which is why it has a hage power brick on the back. also, it has 1 regular controller outlet and all the rest are wireless. :lol:

PS3 is gonna cost WAY more than 360. XBOX is atm already more powerfull, and the 360 will overpower PS again,

202046[/snapback]

i think the 360 will actually have more power than the ps3.

i cant wait for the xbox handheld to come out if their even making 1. :P:lol::):P

when is the xbox 360 coming out in the states? its coming out in nov in canada??!! :(

It is kind of funny how dumb you look now because playstation 3 is already listed the same price. haha you suk. and if two systems dropped out of the race and left only one system, we would have a crisis in the gaming business and economy, and we weouldnt want that, shows how smart you are. Why do fight and say systems are way better than the others did someone get in a slapfight with you and whoop your a** for the sony or something? Really, all systems are good, it is really the games that count right now, why fight when you can buy them all? and dont say because they are too expensive because these newer systems are all cheaper than the ps2, xbox, and gamecube when they came out.

The Playstation series have a lot of third party developers and therefore a lot of games. If I get one of the two it'll probably be the PS3. Although if I do get one I'm going to wait a while before doing so because I don't care that much as to pay loads to get one when they're first released, I'll just get one when they're cheaper.

I could care less what you say. I posted that from my perpective. I still say the X-Box 360 will bash the PS3.

And yes Sony should have stopped, just imagine the PS4. B);

I was wrong with Nintendo. As I was reading this I remembered the Gamboy Mirco. Although remember that the Nintendo Revolution has not been released to the stores just yet.

The X-Box 360 will have High Definition, also. I'm telling you, this console is going to rock the market. Sony is going to feel the pinch like never before.

The Xbox 360's ATI graphics core also throws a wrench into our graphics comparison since it uses a new-fangled Unified Shader Architecture that mixes up pixel- and vertex-pipelines and makes comparison to older video card technology very difficult. The Xbox 360 graphics core may have 48-pipelines, but we don't know how powerful they are compared to dedicated pixel and vertex pipelines.

The PlayStation 3 has a pretty strong Nvidia graphics processor, but you can see how Sony may be afraid of the specification sheet comparison by the pipeline number conveniently omitted from the PS3 graphics specifications. We're guessing that the RSX graphics processors has a traditional, non-unified shader engine, so it likely has a smaller total "pipeline" number than the ATI chip. Even if the RSX's normal pipelines are more powerful than the Xbox 360's pipes, Sony doesn't want to risk printing a lower "pipeline" number since people won't understand that it isn't an apples-to-apples comparison.

So how many traditional pipelines does the RSX have? Sony has revealed that the RSX GPU has a 550MHz core clock and has over 300 million transistors. Sony has also stated that the chip is more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultra cards put together. Your first guess might be that Nvidia simply doubled the pipeline number on the 6800 Ultra to make the RSX, but you also have to remember that the Ultra only clocked in at 400MHz. If the "double" performance measurement is based on fill-rate performance rather than hardware, the clock speed increase up to 550MHz is clear sign that the hardware improvement isn't from a pure doubling of pipelines. We're guessing that the actual pipeline count is going to be at 24, which is about right for 300 million transistors and, at 550MHz, has just a slightly larger fill-rate than two GeForce 6800 Ultras clocked at 400MHz. Since the GeForce Ultra had 6 vertex pipelines, the RSX likely has 6 more vertex pipes in addition to the 24 pixel pipelines.

I mean c'mon, it has 10MB eDRAM embedded video memory, 22.4 GB/s main memory bandwidth, 256 GB/s to eDRAM, 21.6 GB/s FSB, 20GB Removable Hard Drive, and 802.11 A/B/G Wi-Fi ready, adapter not included, though. But how can you compete with that?!?!

I admit to the one thing that I like about the PS3 that the X-Box 360 doesn't have, and thats a Blue-Tooth Wireless Controller. Thats about it. Other than that, its nothing compared to the X-Box 360. MicroSoft Prevails.

191081[/snapback]

wow.. might as well just copy the whole gamespot article "PlayStation 3 vs. Xbox 360"

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

(sorry for the quote / reply ratio)