xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bounda

Controlling Your Pc From A Phone? =D

Ive had an excellent pc remote on my P910 for about a year or so now. It was good o start with, but due to the limitations of mobile phones in general its a novelty thing, it soon becomes boring.

See to me this kind of software and such is just one more way for people to exploit other people. I can definitly see the good use for this kind of software but I think it's a little much to be controlling your PC from your Cell Phone, I mean what would you need to do from your cell phone? I can just see someone using this for exactly the wrong reasons.

I would have so much fun with this. I could shut down my computer while my sister is trying to play. ahahah. At first I reall ythought this could be exploited as someone may control someones else computer and steal important stuff or whatever. i don't know the uses are limitless.

well its just like remote acess, the permission is granted and u have complete and utter control over it.Most computers are fitted with some type of remote assist. (windows 2000 and up i think)i like the idea of getting help, only if you know and trust the person, eg. if its family or your computer guy that cant make it to your house on saturday. (my computer guy cant return my computer.... next week turned into..... next year?)but it would be very simple to set up a remote assist application on a mobile phone and connect it to a computer, but it wood be very slow woodnt it? or do you have like 500mb of ram in ur cellphones. Also I dont think these types of programs are encrypted, and if they are it will only be md5, a hacker can crack that in 5 minutes, they steal a snippet of the weireless connection from phone to pc, and they hack passwords or whateva.

Wow cool sounds neat. That reminds me of the time I used a universal remote to change the channel of a tv.It was my sister's tv and she was freaking out because it was turning on and off! :) Funny

Yep, really neat. I've played around with the computer remote thingi before. I used my SE W550i to control my PC via Bluetooth. (Switching it off and ect). I was even able to move the mouse and stuff, so it was kinda cool at first, watching movies on my computer as I laze hapily on my bed 10 M away...But as Mjay06 stated, it kinda gets boring after a while.

Let's say that I'm very happy about the always developing technology, but personally I see no use in this product. I guess it's pretty cool during the first few minutes, and maybe longer when you're planning on abusing it, but aside of that it's just a funny trick to show your little cousins imo :) And I hardly ever touch my cellphone anyway, so it would rather be a bother to grab the latter instead of my mouse or tablet.