xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

D21 Shoutbox Offline For Upgrade thank you Klass and elevenmil

Admins were alerted today regarding strong security threat via shoutbox exploit for all IPB forums. Thanks to Klass and elevenmil, Xisto forum decided to place D21 Shoutbox offline for the time being. Although the threat did not reach Xisto, I felt it was necessary to take precautious measures as soon as possible, with Klass' guide before OpaQue can update patch files.The upgrade and security patch for D21 v1.1 to v1.2 will begin shortly. Please be patient and I am sorry for your inconveniences.Thank you.

Luckily you caught this or we might have been in trouble. lol I signed on and I thought UhOh the shoutbox is gone. Nice catch guys. Sadly thought I have to restart the chase for the Shoutbox King but oh well lol

Edited by Plenoptic (see edit history)

So if I check Invisionize I should be able to get the update correct? Because I currently have two shoutboxes on sperate sites of mine, anyways thanks for catching this and hope Xisto can fix this.What does the threat do? Inject something or scew up the site, like the HELP link did a while back?

It is to do with mySQL, but it's not an injection, more of an exploit. Search the Invisionize Forums for "D21 Shoutbox v1.2" and the history will reveal all.

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

I am not trying to rush you Buffalo but do you know when it could be online again?(Or a intelegent guess?)I am a new member(Obviously) And I would like to check this Shoutbox out.(Is it only a chat or something else?) ThankyouOops I missed something else what is this D21 stuff? Do I have to change soemthing on my pc?I have read some of these posts and people are goning to change something?(Please give me a message)

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Sent a PM. Other members: please stay within the topic and let not your discussion revolve around this post.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I guess this is taking longer than expected? It's no problem to me though, I am not such of a shouter so I never used the shoutbox really. But I guess some people are a bit bored not being able to lift their hearts in the shoutbox. Xisto security uber alles of course ^^

It can take awhile if admins are busy...

Myself and Klass over at IPB Gaming alerted admins at trap about the exploit, and although Klass had the fix implemented within hours, his job allows him to have access to the internet continuously. Admins here might not have a load of time to work on it.

Well, it's taking longer because OpaQue and I are thinking it's probably better to upgrade the forum from 2.1.6 to 2.1.7 and then update the shoutbox... otherwise OpaQue will be installing the shoutbox twice...So it's almost done... servers are in top shape and OpaQue is ready to do it in one single step :)UPDATE...Shoutbox is now up and running. Thanks everyone for your patience.