xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
conret

Sound Editors sigers

I always here about great artists using softwere to change their voice to a wonderful one lile Britney Spears but i was wondering are there any sound or voice editors that i can download and do the same thing. If you know any progams like thoses we hear about can you please name it and a litte info about it. TY <_<

I'm not sure exactly what you need. If you want to change your voice for comedy value more than anything then try something like Funny Voice which is a free pitch changer for recorded voice samples. If you want to be a bit more professional, and still free, then the best option is probably Audacity with a plugin or two to adapt voices.

If you're an aspiring music producer or just want to learn more about audio editing/producing/mixing and such, Sony Sound Forge is a program that is definitely worth checking out.

It does, however; have a steep learning curve and is quite pricey. If I remember correctly, it was over $250 when I bought it (a few years ago). But before shelling out your hard-earned cash, try the demo to see if this is really for you.

The demo can be found here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The trial version gives you 30 days to play around with the program but you can't export to mp3 format (shouldn't be a problem cause .wav files are more flexible when dealing with digital music and can easily be converted to mp3 format if need be)

A quick rundown of some of the more basic things you can do:

Add fades
Crossfade features to mix tracks (great for remixing)
Time stretching/compressing (useful for beat matching but sometimes, the sound quality goes to hell)
Add effects (chorus, flanger, reverb, to name a few)
Pitch bending (from britney spears the chipmunk to darth vader)
Time markers & cropping features for sampling and creating loops

and I believe the most recent version even supports virtual studio technology plugins (many of which are free to download and try)

Give the Sound Forge demo a shot. You won't regret it if this is something you want to get into.

My choice would be Sony Sound Foundry 7 this is a professional studio software that helps you with a lot of features so that you can do whatever you wish to a sound file. Try this. You can down download this form the SONY site.

hmm.. sony sound forge.. i'm gonna try that some time,i use nero wave editor which is a pretty good basic sound editor, the best i ever used (can't name the other ones because there are just too many..)is sony sound forge like adobe audition.. or is more user-friendly?

If you are looking for something like soundforge but for free, then you should try Goldwave, which is really much like it but for free. Another very professional program which is usually used to fix voices, to their corresponding notes is Melodyne. Its really hard to use, but once you know how to use it you can load anything, from a guitar loop to a vocal loop and it will tell you the notes in it and will let you modify it. Its not free though

Actually you want an app called Melodyne, from Native Instruments. It is the app everyone uses to harrmonize their voice when it is out of range, and to add a bunch of effects.Native Instruments is the forerunner when it comes to sound editing and creation.For music creation I reccomend a low end app called FL Studio (Fruity Loops).But Melodyne is the app. Check it out!

Heh FL Studio may seem low end but that program can really do quite a bit. I was a bit skeptic when I first tried it out - it didn't give the same hardware look as Propellerheads Reason and the sound quality wasn't the best. But after reading the 'getting started' guide and toying around with it for a few hours, I soon discovered just how powerful Fruity can be.

VST support, importing audio tracks... the list goes on. And just tweaking a few knobs will give the sampled sounds a much more realistic feel.

I guess Image-Line's (maker of FL Studio) only downfall was to initially call the program "Fruity Loops"... which they've changed - for the better.