xisto Community
BooZker

Your Dreams To Movies Overnight Watch your dreams when you wake up

It's useless because health and fatigue cannot be summarized as a percentage and if one cannot figure out the consequences of their actions without an HUD, they should not be allowed to mingle with society.

hmmm dreams into movies?? that would be interesting...it would help me remember most of my dreams which would be great i hear that dreams basiaclly give try to tell you something usually that somethings symbolizes others that can be your problem..well unfortunately ima baby when it comes to horror films and most of my dreams are weird and freaky and just scary at times...so i dont really know if id want my dreams to come into movies as bad as every1 else would want theirs too...but there are certain dreams that i do wish that should be made into a movie :)

This is a great idea, however the problem is the fact sleep is made up of 4 different kinds of sleep. I II III and IV. I is the lightest lasts roughly 10 min. II is a little heaver type of sleep about 20 min. III is the deepest sleep an hour or so.And IV is the stage in which you actually dream. IV is a rather short period of sleep too. Having a computer record hours of sleeping whould be timly and pointless, however if there was a way to monitor brain wave and/or eyemovement that could triggere a recording sequence, this would be costly though. The next problem is interpreting the brain waves on the computer. THis would take years and years of research, anonther simple way to counteract this would be to instead of recording and playing nback on pc you would just record brain waves to pc then have it stream from pc back to a frequency wave transmitor implanted into the brain. The FWQ would playback the alpha and delta waves back innto your head. This would put you in an altered state of concious that would allow your brain to intrepret the waves as it sees fit. Possibly recreating the dream.

hmmm... i dont think this is even possible. i mean, what we see in our dreams cant drectly be translated into some sort of visual projection. when i dream things change all the time and when i awake i realise that they dont have specific details or features. if a friend was in my dream i wont remember what they looked like or wat they were wearing as they dont actually exist in the dream, but what i do realise is teh fact that they were present at the time and i recognise was actions they took or what they said. its hard to determine exactly how to convert these particular thigns to a streamline movie. if this kinda of technology did exist, i dont think it wold be that accurate. ;o

anjin, that is a good idea. I like the idea about sending it back to your brain. just save the brain waves and then send them back to your brain.

if this kinda of technology did exist, i dont think it wold be that accurate.

Well the computer would be able to make it just as you saw it in your sleep. So lets say you only saw a person and eveything else is black, but her face then that is what you would see on the computer. I see the problem though.

This would be pretty awsome to watch...Also, I might try that way of remembering dreams you mentioned, might be fun :PI have some weird dreams...but most of the time I know it's a dream, and thus I can do what ever I want, and I usually pick people up and throw them about...and make myself fly and run really fast...s'pretty weird, but cool :)

anjin, that is a good idea. I like the idea about sending it back to your brain. just save the brain waves and then send them back to your brain.Well the computer would be able to make it just as you saw it in your sleep. So lets say you only saw a person and eveything else is black, but her face then that is what you would see on the computer. I see the problem though.

Thank you. I thought about this a little more and to be frank we are already more than half way there. Think about it there aree already programs that monitor brain waves and brain activities, if they could find a way to emit duplicate waves from the machine and then send them back to the brain we could rewatch our dreams.

But if one would "save" a brainwave pattern and then force the mind into that same pattern, wouldn't it also cause one to be put into the same sleeping state as they were when having the dream, thus making the dream just as vague as before when one awoke?

But if one would "save" a brainwave pattern and then force the mind into that same pattern, wouldn't it also cause one to be put into the same sleeping state as they were when having the dream, thus making the dream just as vague as before when one awoke?

This could be a problem. Maybe it would be possible in these other two ways i thought of:

1. The Daydream Version: You will still be awake and you will see whatever is in front of you, but it would be just like a day dream. The problem is that it might make it sort of vague sence you are awake and the brain waves are not the same.

2. There is actualy a way to fall asleep into a dream. This way will actually make you paralyzed before you are asleep and this is sometimes very scary for people because they can not move. You become like this because your body shuts down as though it was ready to go to sleep. Maybe you would be able to make do a sort of thing like this. Your body is in sleep mode, but your mind is slightly aware that your body has shutdown. This way when the dream is over you can awake and your body will also wake.

What you were saying could be a problem though.