xisto Community
nonte

The Best Multiplayer Game Tell us which multiplayer game do you consider to be the best

hmmm....thats a hard question. one game that no one said that was freakin awesome is the Twisted Metal series. me and my bro used to play them for hours! :) and like Secret Of Mana for SNES. those are prolly some of my favs...i love the oldies

Playing online games or playing single player games does not give so much excitement and fun which we get while playing multiplayer with friends. Its really a adventures one while beating the friends. The game which is more suitable for the multiplaying is the "Unreal Tournament". Its really a good game. In this game two most mine favorite stages are the capturing the Flag and the Death Match. Its really a exciting while finding your friends and shoot the down and become winner. :P

I looking forward to Metal Gear Solid 4 for the PS3 its coming out sometime in march 2008. I been a Metal gear fan ever since the the first one for the old NES. I think the online gameplay is going to have a new cutting edge experience. Without a doubt one the greatest game series even made ( well i think so anyway ). You can view trailers at HERE

My favorites

The Best Multiplayer Game

The games I keep going back to are Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic and Starcraft. I play only LAN multi player (not online) but these are good for that. I also liked the earlier Age of Wonders games and Age of Empires.

-Paul

I consider Halo to be the best multiplayer game of its game style and of my taste and style.I am not going to discuss with anyone which is or which is not the best multiplayer game, that is a somewhat very simple question because there are so many different game styles/tastes/whatever, if you just be more specific, i could also be specific, nonetheless i was.Halo has everything i could ever want and need to spend quality time playing an action, adventure and a very animated game in my free time, of course there are other games, other multiplayer games which i could use/play and had a very similar experience, concerning the type of games i like and that i am talking about, like for instance, call of dutty, alied assault, wolfenstein, counter strike, and not many more, actually that is it, those are the type of game styles i like to play, the real life action/war games.

Fully depents on my mood... I like to play the old Scorched Earth (Dos-game) with my friends once in a while, but I also like firstpersonshooter games. For example, i can play hours of Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory with my friends without even having noticed the time that has passed...

But my main games for multiplayer are:

-Age Of Empires

Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings is a real-time strategy computer game set in the Middle Ages. It was released in 1999, and it is the second game of the Age of Empires series developed by Ensemble Studios and published by Microsoft. Because of its commercial success, an expansion pack was released: Age of Empires II: The Conquerors, followed by a Gold Edition, which bundled together the game and its expansion pack along with a bonus map and games recorded by Microsoft strategy experts.

-Scorched Earth

Scorched Earth is one of many games in the loose genre of "turn-based artillery games". Such games are among the earliest computer games, with versions existing for mainframes with only teletype output. Scorched Earth, with a plethora of weapon types and power-ups, is considered the modern archetype of its format, on which the popular Worms, Hogs of War and GunBound games are based.

Its slogan, "The Mother of all Games," was coined in 1991, during the Gulf War, after Saddam Hussein threatened the U.S. that if they stepped on Iraqi soil, it would be "The Mother of all Wars."

The game has a wide variety of customization options from gravity and wind to money and meteorite showers, and a similarly large pool of different payloads, allowing for a large amount of entirely different situations.

In addition to the possible in-game changes, the text messages the AI players can display before firing (e.g. "I shall smash your ugly tank!") and before dying (e.g. "Join the army, see the world they said") are read in two plain text files, TALK1.CFG and TALK2.CFG, respectively, free for creative users to change or translate.

The weapons range from small missile rounds to MIRV warheads, and several are often seen in similar on-line games as almost identical versions. All weapons can be upgraded with tracers which allow the player to more accurately adjust the trajectory on their next turn. In addition to conventional warheads, there also are such things as napalm, wildly bouncing bombs and earth weapons, allowing the player to dump dirt on other tanks or to remove ground from beneath them. A tank which is covered with dirt has to shoot itself free and may get damaged in the process; one which falls from too high a level may be destroyed. A variety of utilities, such as shields and tank parachutes, add a tactical side.

The effects of many weapons are highly unpredictable, given that the missiles bounce off the walls, can be manipulated in their flight-path by wind, shields and guidance systems, and often have partially random effects. As the player advances in the game, he can afford more and more weapons, but so can his opponents.

The game can be played against up to nine other human players and/or computer-controlled ones. A broad range of differently skilled player types is offered by the program. If the player-controlled tanks are destroyed before the others, the AI-controlled players continue to battle each other, effectively turning Scorched Earth into a zero-player game.

There is also a similar game from the same era called Tank Wars and another on the Commodore Amiga computer system called Scorched Tanks. Tank Wars was made in 1990 by Kenny Morse, a year before Scorched Earth. Commodore also released a similar version in their educational software catalog called "Artillery".

-Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (also referred to as simply Enemy Territory or ET) is a free multiplayer FPS set during World War II.[1][2] It was originally planned to be released as a commercial expansion pack to the popular FPS Return to Castle Wolfenstein and later as a standalone game.[3] However, due to problems with the single-player aspect, the multiplayer portion was released on May 29, 2003 as a freeware standalone game.[4] In early 2004 the source code for the game logic (not the game engine) was released to the benefit of its modding community.[5] The game uses a modified RTCW engine, itself being a modified Quake III: Team Arena engine (which has been open-source since 2005).

The majority of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory servers run various mods,[6] such as Jaymod,[7] No Quarter,[8] ETpub,[9] and ETpro.[10]

Edited by Accure (see edit history)

In terms of RTS games (real time strategy) the winner would have to be Starcraft. Starcraft is a game that can be easily picked up by almost anyone, but is very difficult to master. Perfect example of this, look at South Korea. Starcraft is nearly their national sport. Look up any finals match of any tournament and you'll find a civic center full of fans rooting on their favorite player. Starcraft has gone farther than any other game in the e-sports capital of the world and for this reason I think it definitely deserves the title of best multiplayer game.FPS games (first person shooters) don't have as clear a winner. If you go by sheer player count, Counter-Strike 1.6 is by far the leader, and for good reason. It is similar to starcraft in that it is an easy game to pickup but very hard to become good at. Skill level differences are magnified in both these games and I personally think that is why they have both been played on such a large scale for so long (10+ years). Any game that can stay active, let alone amass the largest number of active players of ANY game of it's kind, for that long certainly is doing something right.