xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
husker

Get Rid Of Bumper Stickers?

I think that bumper stickers need to go. I feel that they are just a scam. Sometimes, the humorous ones are nice to read, but then you read it and move along (kind of like life). It's always nice to see flags and the support our troops stickers, but do you really need them to prove that you support our troops? Do we need to prove it to people? Maybe I'm wrong and the money spent on these go to charity. I believe that if we got rid of these stickers we could save a little bit of money and nothing would be lost.

Eh I really don't care about bumper stickers. Stay or go it doesn't matter to me. They can be distracting but you can just ignore them. People like to just show or be proud of whatever is on there whether it displays their feelings, personality, favorite team or whatever. I think if they want to spend their money on them then go ahead but they just fade your paint.

Here is a quick definition of Bumber stickers: Mobile Spam. That is what they look like and appear. some stuff is like why would i read that other stuff is funny, and some stuff is just plain idiotic.

Here is a quick definition of Bumber stickers: Mobile Spam. That is what they look like and appear. some stuff is like why would i read that other stuff is funny, and some stuff is just plain idiotic.

I totally agree. Have you every noticed that the older and more banged up the car is, the more stickers they are using. Kind of like trying to hold the old junker together with a little bumper sticker glue. <_<

I totally agree. Have you every noticed that the older and more banged up the car is, the more stickers they are using. Kind of like trying to hold the old junker together with a little bumper sticker glue. <_<

My grandmother once saw a really old car being towed away with a bumper sticker that said "At least I'm still running"

But I think getting rid of bumper stickers altogether would be much more trouble than it's worth.

Get rid of bumper stickers? What would we be left to do when stuck in a 4 hour traffic jam going round the M25 if we can't read the feeble attempts at humour dangling off the back bumpers of the cars in front? And what about the classic "I've been to the shop that sells bumper stickers" sticker?!?

I don't see why one must get rid of bumper stickers. They aren't as in-your-face annoying as, for example, website advertisements, and yet we aren't going to be getting rid of those anytime soon.Next I suppose you won't want custom paint jobs, chrome bumpers, or hood ornaments?

I agree. I really don't like bumper stickers on cars. Even if they're old...banged-up jalopies, the bumper stickers just make it look trashier. I always enjoy reading the humorous ones, but they definitely don't belong on the back of a car. It just looks so crude.

Choosing to tack on bumper stickers is a personal choice. Thinking that they are pretty/vulgar is an opinion. What's my take on all this? Bumper stickers neither need to go nor will they be seen on the bumper of my car.

I don't use any bumper stickers currently but may in the future. My take on this: What's at the root of wanting bumper stickers to go? They spread a person's opinions or values in a quick, concise, and hopefully well stated way. Sometimes they may have an impact on someone in forming an opinion, odd as it may seem. How exactly would the money spent on the stickers go to charity? Would you ban bumper stickers and enforce a charity tax? I don't think that sounds particularly feasible <_< I don't think people honestly share their views and opinions enough, and while I think people need to get down one to one and do that, I don't see the harm in bumper stickers being a quick way of doing that.

Bumper stickers are just another way to expess yourself, they can be likened to stickers on a book or posters on a wall, a simple way of expressing yourself. I really dont think they should be banned, its not like anyone is forcing you to look at them.Personally i love the funny ones that i see every now and again-eternal