xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mjay06

Google/gmail Problems

I sometimes face problem entering into GMail but after refresing the page after a few secs or minutes there will be no problem entering the site. But never experienced anything for a whole day. You better check with a good antivirus that your system is infected with any virus or trojan that blocks you from visiting GMail.

To entering to Gmail, I have never had problems, which if it has happened to me is that sometimes I want to read some received mail, and when I give click on the mail, it does not work, seems that if it was stopping being a link to being a pure text.I have realized that this happens because I possess a program that removes the advertising of the websites, then it blocks the links of gmail.

It has taken me 3 hours to get it kinda sorted :S I usually use netscape as my browser, so I tried it with IE. This let me access google, but not gmail. Next I tried Firefox, again that let me access google (but wouldnt actually search), but not gmail. I have a gmail notifier script on my msn plus, & that kept coming back with an error message.I tried a full system virus scan, & all that found was a trojan & a virus in the sun/java folder in local settings. AVG said it wasnt possible to quaranteen these little buggers as they were 'imbedded', so I just deleted them manually.I can now search with google in all 3 browsers, access gmail in IE & Firefox, but not Netscape. Ive tried re-installing it but its still being a pain. Its also a pain having to open another browser just to get to my gmail.Before anyone says 'swap browsers then', this will be a huge hassle as Netscape has all my passcards saved.To make it even more annoying, my gmail notifier in msn is working again & is constantly telling me I have unread mail.Tis a bugger to put it mildly.

No, I've pretty much been lucky on the Gmail front, the only problem I did have was that Google continues to block Opera from accessing the Gmail Chat feature, This is easily remadied by masking Opera as Mozilla (masking as IE doesn't work as IE uses an ActiveX control to display the chat). I have this problem alot with Google (and it was one of my main reasons for switching back to Firefox) as they continue to block full access from Opera to services that are 100% compatible with Opera (Google Calander and Google Spreadsheets are the main ones) Google Page Creater to my knowledge does not work in Opera, and dragging Pictures in Picasa Web Albums is also not functional in Opera. I ocassionally have encountered troubles with IG (Google Personalised Homepage) not loading properly under Opera, and I continue to encounter the odd 'Document has moved' page in Opera. I have not however encountered any of the propblems (or new problems) when using Firefox.

I have never really had any problems using any of Google's websites, I think Gmail was down for a few minutes a while ago but that's just about it, I never had downtime with any other Google product like Google Search and Google News (I don't use Googles other tools frequently, just from time to time...)dontmaimyourself, the problems you seen to be describing seem to be intentional by Google (I have read Microsoft did the same thing to Opera a while ago) and probably have something to do with google promoting Mozilla firefox.. When I used Opera with Gmail I had a problem zith the back button not going to the prevorious page but to the gmail main screen, which was quite irritating..

I never really had any major problems using any of google's sites. Although on the gmail font, there has been occasions where a few refreshes will get the inbox up.

even i have faced problems with gmail a lot of time,the page appears completely blank ,once i heard that the google 's Gmail had the invitation thing because they didn't have the required servers for giving the Gmail account to many users at once,this thing was said by a google employ,but even after this i feel Gmail is really worth

"Next I tried Firefox, again that let me access google (but wouldnt actually search), but not gmail"

That problem happened to me too, and in my case t has nothing to do with a virus. I have tested it on a myriad of machines and for some funny reason I can only access my mail via Google, butnot via Gmail. It might have something to do with Google's policy or something, I'm not sure. I think this shoulg be considered an issue and have tobe reported to the GMail creators.
:rolleyes:

It has taken me 3 hours to get it kinda sorted :S I usually use netscape as my browser, so I tried it with IE. This let me access google, but not gmail. Next I tried Firefox, again that let me access google (but wouldnt actually search), but not gmail. I have a gmail notifier script on my msn plus, & that kept coming back with an error message.
I tried a full system virus scan, & all that found was a trojan & a virus in the sun/java folder in local settings. AVG said it wasnt possible to quaranteen these little buggers as they were 'imbedded', so I just deleted them manually.

I can now search with google in all 3 browsers, access gmail in IE & Firefox, but not Netscape. Ive tried re-installing it but its still being a pain. Its also a pain having to open another browser just to get to my gmail.

Before anyone says 'swap browsers then', this will be a huge hassle as Netscape has all my passcards saved.

To make it even more annoying, my gmail notifier in msn is working again & is constantly telling me I have unread mail.

Tis a bugger to put it mildly.

got the cause and the solution here albeit temporarily:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Good luck guys

"Next I tried Firefox, again that let me access google (but wouldnt actually search), but not gmail"That problem happened to me too, and in my case t has nothing to do with a virus. I have tested it on a myriad of machines and for some funny reason I can only access my mail via Google, butnot via Gmail. It might have something to do with Google's policy or something, I'm not sure. I think this shoulg be considered an issue and have tobe reported to the GMail creators.
:rolleyes:

I can't access gmail or search with google in IE7 or Firefox. Safari is fine but not my choice of browser. I don't know what the problem is. I have found a couple of trojans on my machine but the AV software has said that they are quarantined. -reply by Habanaboy

I can't access gmail or search with google in IE7 or Firefox. Safari is fine but not my choice of browser. I don't know what the problem is. I have found a couple of trojans on my machine but the AV software has said that they are quarantined. -reply by Habanaboy

I am not able to configure gmail with mozilla thunderbird. Has anyone tried this here?

Can

Google/gmail Problems

Hi,

I can't access GMAIL neither ORKUT. I have IE7 and have latest Java installed on my system. I have similar problem while using the domino webaccess where I can read the mails but can't send them. Don't know what the issue is? I have tried firefox and still no luck.

-reply by Nitin Shram