xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
grimmy

Alternative To Ms Paint lol a really good Alternative To Ms Paint

I used GIMP for some time and liked it, but when compared to professional image editing programs, it's only okay. The new version is more stable than past versions I've worked with. For simple image editing, it gets the job done with straight-forward recognizable tools and good compatability with multiple formats. Essential capabilities such as masking and working in layers are present. There's also a pretty good array of filters.But the tools availabe are inadequate for doing advanced modification of an image or creation of an image from scratch. I pretty consistently find that there's something I want to do, but there's no easy way to do it. The array of selection tools leaves something to be desired (for example, I haven't found a polygon selection tool). The Gimp can be a bit gimpy from time to time <_<

lol i dont even have that ms paint on my pc now..more usage of photoshop these days even my 8 yrs old cousin uses it..

I think GIMP is the best alternative to Microsoft Paint. Although GIMP is a little bit slow, I think it is still a good piece of software. GIMP is expanding too. You can expect to see more functions provided by GIMP in the near future. I like GNU project a lot...

No man, this tool is for small painting design, and have good features, It's featuers are more powerfull than MS PAint, Why are you compairing this Software with the ADOBE Photoshop???????????????? Photoshop needs training to work on it, but This software is eaisy for begginer.......

Call me odd, but as far as I'm concerned nothing can replace MS Paint. Paint is fast, on all Windows computers and is great for little things.I have Photoshop, but I still like to use paint for some basic things.

It seems that none of you use paint. I'll have to be a bit different here and confess that i'm one of the people in the small minority that still does use it. I use it for the simple reason being that I don't really do a lot of imaging, I only ever take a screenshot or two or want to load something up really quick. The other programs seem to take quite a while before they load up. I find that Microsoft Paint seems to load straight away.Also, Paint must be the simplest program to use. I can't really see why you would want an alternative. I know Paint isn't the best, but I find that once you get used to it, it's great and you don't really need anything better. However, I suppose that if you're an imager and that's what you do professionally, I'd guess you'd want to go for a program like Photoshop that allows you to add effects to your images.I haven't tried the alternative Paint program and don't really have a need to, but if I ever do need an alternative to Paint, then I will come back to this thread and download that program :)