xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mjay06

Password Oddness

When you go to change your Cpanel password you are greeted with this:

Please do not make your password too simple, and always write it down in a safe place.

Yet right below the above line you see:

Don't write down your password - memorize it.

Weird...

When you take the instruction literally I can see your confusion.It's simply to warn you as a user to safe guard your password that no one can easily think of, so that your account could not be compromised. Make your password complex so that your account password cannot be guessed. At the same time, don't make it too complex so that you even forget what it is. And don't write it down in some place where someone can find out your password. Password safe guard is your responsibility. That's all the direction is trying to say.

Its probably a bit dodgy but all my passwords are stored in the Netscape password manager. I really should make a note of them all, if my netscape spontaneously combusts ill be a bit buggered.

OMG that's what I get sometimes its a bit annoying when its say write it down on a piece of paper and then it says Don't write down your password - memorize it. I hate that :ph34r: I only change my pass only in an emergency so if someone hack it I will have to change it lol i typed in as my password the once so this is what i didnew pass:qwerty2006@nothing.comdone that and it said Please do not make your password too simple, and always write it down in a safe place.now I chose a easy one and it worked <_<

There is a solution right here on Trap 17. Try reading the following Topic thread:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/38869-random-password-generator-updated-with-new-features-program-i-made-for-passwords/

Plenoptic has come up with a solution to the "too easy" problem. Forget all that double talk and save it in a text file with this cute little program.

that is funny I used to write all my password on little papers and my mom would randomly find them everywhere. One day she do a paper stuck in the vacuum cleaner so got really mad and made me copy all the codes and password on a little notebook. I got to say it is a lot of help try it!