xisto Community
mama_soap

A Trap17 How-to Guide For Beginners Something for those who cant get enough of the Trap17 Readme file

I am not entirely sure if this the right place to post about this, but here goes anyway...

For those who find themselves slightly (or considerably more than slightly) clueless about where to get started after getting a hosting account, here is an user guide that might potentially help you out. I wrote it out of three hours, so forgive me if it's clumsy, but I'm hoping that a few people here may find it useful.

Feedback is greatly appreciated Posted Image

I'm planning to build on a FAQ eventually, based on the questions that are asked most by people around here.

Cheerio!

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

Feedback is greatly appreciated smile.gif

WOW! Awesome job.

It should be required reading for all the new members and particularly newly Hosted members should get some good assistance from that Guide you have created.

I highly reccomend that the Admins should Pin this topic.

Fantastic job. All beginner's and Xisto how-to guides are always greatly appreciated!

/~* Pinned

/~* Moved To Questions And Queries (source link left in)

Thank you

It should be required reading for all the new members and particularly newly Hosted members should get some good assistance from that Guide you have created.

jlhaslip: Thank you very much! I really appreciate your spending the time to read and respond - and it means a lot to meh. :) I guess the recommendation did get it pinned, and BH placed a link to this thread in the main readme. Thank you again.

Yes very nice job and it should be required reading.

Thanks! I am glad you liked it ;)

Fantastic job. All beginner's and Xisto how-to guides are always greatly appreciated!

/~* Pinned

/~* Moved To Questions And Queries (source link left in)

Thank you

Oh, thank you so much! I'm glad if it helps in anyway B) And thank you for getting it pinned. Please let me know if I should change anything in there, I think I have placed a text link back to Xisto - I should change it to a button/banner soon :(

I Need Help With The Colour Code And Stuff Like When I Click On Colour Blue Then A Thing Comes Up In Brackets Like [blue] But Then I Type Next To It And Clcik Ok Then It Just Shows [blue] It Dont Show The Colour Blue How Do I Do It Do I have To Put Another Blue Code After I Writen The Sentance?

I Need Help With The Colour Code And Stuff Like When I Click On Colour Blue Then A Thing Comes Up In Brackets Like [blue] But Then I Type Next To It And Clcik Ok Then It Just Shows [blue] It Dont Show The Colour Blue How Do I Do It Do I have To Put Another Blue Code After I Writen The Sentance?

This is some blue text for you.

And here is the code:

[color=#3366FF]This is some blue text for you. [/color]

Ok I Under Stand That But When I Go To Write A Msg And I Want For Example A Quote Box To Come Up So I Clcik On the Quote Button Then A Thing Like This Comes Up

So Then I Type In The Thing I Want Quoted And Say Send Post When I Do It Says
It DDont Show The Quote Box What Im Wondering Is How Do I Get It Like Do I Put Another
At The End Of My Sentance

You just click the Quote button again after you have finished typing. Alternatively, type the closing tag yourself. This works for any tag that you open:

[TAG]Stuff the tag is applied to[/TAG]

Any tag can be closed if you type the tag again, but with a forward slash before the tag name (the word in the square brackets).
Edited by rvalkass (see edit history)

Thanks So Much Dude!

nice catch, ajant. :) i haven't found any cache via google or via the way-back-machine at archive.org to link to either, so it's a lost cause. as the site linked is now dead, we close this thread.

i will simply refer beginners to Xisto to know more about our forums and the system we have for hosting via our trusty README: http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?actE=01&HID=18